Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im back again... so I noticed this morning my right passenger headlight was out, so i assumed it just needed
a bulb replacement, so i headed over to autozone, got back home and installed it, still nothing, all the other lights are working fine
what else could the problem be?
i hope its nothing serious where i have to end up going to the dealer and paying a fortune. :wall:
I also just noticed there's no fuse for the headlight in the fuse box :???: totally confused here, well i know you guys can help me !

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Did the High beams work?? One thing I noticed on my 2012 challenger and hear other stories from dodge sites are the production lines, electrical building was a little lacking on some lines, My challengers front driverside headlight low beam line was never set into it's connector. You can see it only from the front of the connector that would plug into the bulb. while bulb is out, push each of the 3 wires back into the connector and look to see if they were "fully" seated. zThat would be my start, other issues, would be the TIPM not working properly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey dizzy you were right !! I moved the wires in and it worked, but I have to keep playing with it in order for it to stay on, any suggestions on fixing the play with the connector ? Or should I just go to the dealers and have them check it out, thanks again for the response !

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
It needs to be push in farther to allow the indent to "capture" the contact.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i did that, but the problem here is the wiring i believe, since i have to give it some play in order for the headlight to remain on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Flaviogomes,

I came upon you 2014 post about headlight trouble. How did you end up fixing the issue? I'm having the same problem with my 2011 Durango. Passenger side, bulb replaces, still nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts