Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my battery in my 2016 Dodge Durango SXT. When I turned the car back on to move it. I noticed the “parksense unavailable” it doesn’t say “parksense unavailable service” as i read on other threads.
It’s currently off but will not allow me to turn on. Backup camera works fine.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Durango R/T AWD Blacktop Edition
47 Posts
I just replaced my battery in my 2016 Dodge Durango SXT. When I turned the car back on to move it. I noticed the “parksense unavailable” it doesn’t say “parksense unavailable service” as i read on other threads.
That happened to me on my ‘17 and I just drove forward (away from all the junk behind my truck), cycled the ignition off and started it again, and it was fine. Also check fuse 95 in the fuse box under the hood just to rule it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That happened to me on my ‘17 and I just drove forward (away from all the junk behind my truck), cycled the ignition off and started it again, and it was fine. Also check fuse 95 in the fuse box under the hood just to rule it out

ok thank you. I will take a look at the fuse when I get home. I appreciate the direction on this.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,564 Posts
Code(S)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you keep a voltage source hooked up while changing out the battery?
Hi,

I did not. Was I supposed too? The interesting part for me was that it had 2 batteries. I had to remove the smaller battery first to pull out the bigger battery.

·
Registered
2014 Durango Limited V-6 / AWD
1,139 Posts
The smaller battery adds additional capacity for the Auto Stop/Start.

·
Registered
2013 Durango Crew-Hemi-Leather Seats-Bought New-Garage Kept, Dealer Maintained
55 Posts
Adam, over in the Dart forum, some guy did same as you, with identical symptoms. He took it to the dealer and “Working great again though. They reactivated the sensors and all's good in Denmark again. Not sure I agree with the charge though. They charged me for an hours labor at $120.”

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adam, over in the Dart forum, some guy did same as you, with identical symptoms. He took it to the dealer and “Working great again though. They reactivated the sensors and all's good in Denmark again. Not sure I agree with the charge though. They charged me for an hours labor at $120.”

Hope this helps.
Hi,
I want to believe this is it. I just don’t want to take it to the dealership because their pricing is outrageous and of course my warranty expired.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you go into your settings in your EVIC through your steering wheel controls to see if is turned on?
Or through your U connect settings?
A thought.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Adam:
Try disconnecting the batteries again, and then depressing the brake pedal 30 seconds, and then reconnect and see what you have. Did you have the smaller battery tested also? Others I have seen with a bad main battery also had a questionable mini battery, and replaced both.

Don

·
Registered
182 Posts
Adam:
Try disconnecting the batteries again, and then depressing the brake pedal 30 seconds, and then reconnect and see what you have. Did you have the smaller battery tested also? Others I have seen with a bad main battery also had a questionable mini battery, and replaced both.

Don
I believe the secondary small battery is exclusively for the stop start feature.
Never heard of the depressing brake pedal for 30 seconds technique.
Passive discharge will reset a few electronic items though.
Disconnect batteries, hold the primary battery connections, positive and negative together for 1 minute, then reconnect. Resets the ECU.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Depressing the brake pedal puts a load on the electrical system(s), to discharge everything to zero. Holding the terminals together does the same thing, but there is no load or cushion so to speak, so the discharge is not as controlled as it would be by using the vehicles circuitry, instead of a dead short.

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you go into your settings in your EVIC through your steering wheel controls to see if is turned on?
A thought.
Hi,

I have not. I’ll take a look and see if I find anything. My on and off button for
A thought.
4th option down for rear parksense braking assistis unchecked and it will stay checked for a second then Unchecks itself again.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wow, don't think i have ever seen that screen before. Maybe i should go check it out to see if it there on my '14 Limited.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are the sensors clean? Have you tried going to an open area with nothing around and trying to turn it on? Try cycling the key while in the open area as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are the sensors clean? Have you tried going to an open area with nothing around and trying to turn it on? Try cycling the key while in the open area as well.
Yea i cleaned them after reading on another thread. Still happening. I’ll have to try the open area today. Thank you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts