Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon. I bought my 2014 Durango 4 years ago. Second owner. Was manufactured Oct 2014. The paint on the roof has bubbled up, cracked open and peeling off and is continuing to do so. I was under the impression that the paint and rust warranty was 5 years / 100,000 miles. Dodge is refusing to stand by the warranty saying that it’s because I had a windshield replaced and that the warranty is expired. Anyone else seen this? Why would they bail on the warranty of a 4 year vehicle with 84,000 miles. I’m at a loss.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
It will depend on when the DD was put into service. A 2014 could have been put into service in the fall of 2013, so you might be past the 5 years part of the warranty.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hard to tell exactly where on the roof this is, but I still do not see how replacing a windshield has any effect on paint coming off the vehicle. Unless the windshield was replaced due to an accident and the roof was repainted and/or buckled just enough that the paint broke loose from the metal and allowed water intrusion.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Looks odd, never seen paint do that on a car unless the surface was contaminated when the paint was applied. You sure this car was not in an accident & repaired ?
May not have been a moving deal, could have been repaired after something fell on it - tree limb in a storm for example.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I've had a few windshields replaced...never had a paint issue after install.
But if they scratch the paint up on removal of old windshield and don't use a primer to seal before install of new windshield I can see having issues down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Afternoon. I bought my 2014 Durango 4 years ago. Second owner. Was manufactured Oct 2014. The paint on the roof has bubbled up, cracked open and peeling off and is continuing to do so. I was under the impression that the paint and rust warranty was 5 years / 100,000 miles. Dodge is refusing to stand by the warranty saying that it’s because I had a windshield replaced and that the warranty is expired. Anyone else seen this? Why would they bail on the warranty of a 4 year vehicle with 84,000 miles. I’m at a loss.
I am having the same issue - did you ever get the problem resolved?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'd like to see more pic's of this. I had hood issues around the headlight area and Dodge covered it under warranty. I was told it was a very common issue. I never seen paint do that and I have to assume the truck was repainted at some point.
I'm not sure about the windshield replacement unless they damaged the roof when changing out the windshield which absolutely is possible. Since your the 2nd owner I guess you won't really know what went on in it's first years unless there is a paper trail you can follow.
I'd like to see some follow up on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened to my durango. There were bubbled spots on the roof. Eventually they cracked and became worse. The peeling caused rust that continues to spread. Several durangos in my area have the exact same problem. The paint color is black. Im the original owner. It's do bad now that I have to pay out of pocket to get it fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts