Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon. I bought my 2014 Durango 4 years ago. Second owner. Was manufactured Oct 2014. The paint on the roof has bubbled up, cracked open and peeling off and is continuing to do so. I was under the impression that the paint and rust warranty was 5 years / 100,000 miles. Dodge is refusing to stand by the warranty saying that it’s because I had a windshield replaced and that the warranty is expired. Anyone else seen this? Why would they bail on the warranty of a 4 year vehicle with 84,000 miles. I’m at a loss.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
It will depend on when the DD was put into service. A 2014 could have been put into service in the fall of 2013, so you might be past the 5 years part of the warranty.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hard to tell exactly where on the roof this is, but I still do not see how replacing a windshield has any effect on paint coming off the vehicle. Unless the windshield was replaced due to an accident and the roof was repainted and/or buckled just enough that the paint broke loose from the metal and allowed water intrusion.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looks odd, never seen paint do that on a car unless the surface was contaminated when the paint was applied. You sure this car was not in an accident & repaired ?
May not have been a moving deal, could have been repaired after something fell on it - tree limb in a storm for example.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I've had a few windshields replaced...never had a paint issue after install.
But if they scratch the paint up on removal of old windshield and don't use a primer to seal before install of new windshield I can see having issues down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Chase300
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing