Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about 75,000 miles, my 2015 V6 Citadel AWD threw P0430 code. I cleared the code and it came back about a week later. I checked voltage on the downstream drivers side O2 sensor and it was shot. I ordered replacements for all 4 sensors thinking I could replace them in my driveway. No dice on the driver's side downstream sensor. I cannot get my arm up there past the front drive shaft to get socket on it or to unclip the connector. So it looks like I now have two options for doing this myself before giving up and going to a mechanic: remove the front drive shaft or remove the exhaust. Removing drive shaft should be easy enough - 8 hex head bolts to remove on either end, pry it loose. Exhaust removal looks easy as well - remove 2 (maybe 3?) bolts at header, remove bolts at rear of front section, pry off the hanger, remove O2 sensors. Either method should give me the clearance to reach the O2 sensor connectors. Any advice? Or just take it to a mechanic?

At ~70,000 miles I had a misfire in cylinder 2. I had all spark plugs replaced as the mechanic had to pull the manifold to access cylinder 2. While they had it apart, I figured I should just have them replace the spark plugs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update. Shortly after the check engine light for P0430 came on, I noticed some odd stuff happening - the radio/nav screen delayed turning on, radio presets not showing up, HVAC controls acting wonky and not remembering settings from previous shutdown, etc. I checked the battery and it was shot. Showing less than 8 volts right after shutting down. It was the original battery - just about 4.5 years old. No battery warning light on the dash, which I thought was odd. I replaced the battery and guess what? No check engine light, no codes, and everything is working properly. Check those batteries if you start getting CEL and/or odd electrical activity!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep, the battery can cause crazy s**t to happen on the D.

It disabled my Autostart until i changed the battery./

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
ALWAYS pick the low hanging "fruit" first when electrical weirdness is afoot! The battery is one of the first things I check.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts