Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Charger SuperBee 392, 2018 DD R/T Blacktop Edition
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had these 5.7L decals on my Durango for some time now, as an alternative to the 345 design. Any thoughts on these or something else comparable?

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts
In the day & age of most SUV’s being a V6 or 4 cylinder. I’d say any V8 SUV is special & bad ass. That is if you like the rumble of an American V8.
In this day and age of Dodge/ Ram products, a 5.7 is not very special. I wouldn’t advise it either since many of those V6 SUV’s are faster. But, ok.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
I like ‘em, but can’t say I like them any more or less than HEMI badges. What I do like is your trying to put your own “spin” on making it yours.

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T
32 Posts
In this day and age of Dodge/ Ram products, a 5.7 is not very special. I wouldn’t advise it either since many of those V6 SUV’s are faster. But, ok.
If you’re going off ofDodge/Ram products then your SUV isn’t very special. Now the Hellcat version is.
There are a few V6 suv’s that can beat an R/T but they do so by adding turbos. Even with the turbos they don’t have that American V8 rumble.
If I wanted to put turbos on my R/T then no V6 would stand a chance.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you’re going off ofDodge/Ram products then your SUV isn’t very special. Now the Hellcat version is.
There are a few V6 suv’s that can beat an R/T but they do so by adding turbos. Even with the turbos they don’t have that American V8 rumble.
If I wanted to put turbos on my R/T then no V6 would stand a chance.
Another way to beat them naturally aspirated is to go full bolt on including a cam swap like i did...

And I'm with the making it yours crowd. I dont want it to look like everyone else's. I want mine to look like mine.

Speaking of badges I just put these new ones on today
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2013 Charger SuperBee 392, 2018 DD R/T Blacktop Edition
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could see myself bolting on a Whipple and gapping a 392, just the same way a 6.4 can be supercharged to be faster than a Hellcat. Your opinion is valid but your 5.7 bashing isn't really relevant.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Why have either? It’s a 5.7… not that special.
Hey Mr high and mighty, not everyone can afford a Hellcat, or even a SRT, or even an R/T. They can still be proud of what they have.

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts
I concede all of your points, and I’m all for the freedom to look dumb.
But, with the commonality of the 5.7, I just don’t know why you would advertise like it’s something special. To me, this is the equivalent of up badging with the intent of making it look more like an SRT, or a RT-S like some guy on here came up with.🙄 Then again, I’m a “car guy”, not a soccer dad that just got my first V8. I actually can wrench on a motor. I’m also a debadge kinda guy. I want to keep you wondering why a 7 passenger suv just gapped you, and it don’t look like an SRT.
Remember… this is all my opinion and could be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
459 Posts
I concede all of your points, and I’m all for the freedom to look dumb.
But, with the commonality of the 5.7, I just don’t know why you would advertise like it’s something special. To me, this is the equivalent of up badging with the intent of making it look more like an SRT, or a RT-S like some guy on here came up with. Then again, I’m a “car guy”, not a soccer dad that just got my first V8. I actually can wrench on a motor. I’m also a debadge kinda guy. I want to keep you wondering why a 7 passenger suv just gapped you, and it don’t look like an SRT.
Remember… this is all my opinion and could be wrong.
Keep thinking you're better than the rest of us. Just let people do their thing even if you don't agree. Besides, you're not the only one here who can wrench on their own cars...

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts
Keep thinking you're better than the rest of us. Just let people do their thing even if you don't agree. Besides, you're not the only one here who can wrench on their own cars...

Ok, my apologies. Didn’t mean to come across as being better than anyone. I just see the Durango as a great vehicle that doesn’t deserve Pep Boys styling. But I’m fine with other folks doing it. The OP asked for thoughts, so…

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts

I just realized, you’re the up badging guy with the fake SRT Magnum. No wonder you got so offended.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just realized, you’re the up badging guy with the fake SRT Magnum. No wonder you got so offended.
Again with the "holier than thou" attitude. I'll bet your crap doesn't stink too right? And yes, my R/T identifies as an SRT. So what? You think I care what some rando on the internet thinks?

And for record, I have never claimed my car is a real SRT. It's got the wheels and the seats. That's it. No badges other than the seats.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts
Again with the "holier than thou" attitude. I'll bet your crap doesn't stink too right? And yes, my R/T identifies as an SRT. So what? You think I care what some rando on the internet thinks?

And for record, I have never claimed my car is a real SRT. It's got the wheels and the seats. That's it. No badges other than the seats.

Dude… get some help.

Reactions: DuRonbo

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dude… get some help.
That's what I've been telling you! Get over your irrational hatred of the 5.7. besides, you only drive a Durango. Why be proud of a V6 SUV with a V8 shoved in it? /S

Reactions: DuRonbo
1 - 20 of 31 Posts