Dodge Durango Forum banner
141 - 160 of 748 Posts
I talked to my dealer yesterday, they said that mine is built & in “storage”. Hoping it gets here soon.
So I ordered a 21 Durango SRT back in August and finally reached out to my dealer last week to which he said the truck is in D1 status, which I found what the means from this forum. do you hound the dealer every few days for a status update? Also if mine is in D1 Status shouldn't I be provided a VIN#, dealer said he had nothing else.

Discussion starter · #144 ·
So I ordered a 21 Durango SRT back in August and finally reached out to my dealer last week to which he said the truck is in D1 status, which I found what the means from this forum. do you hound the dealer every few days for a status update? Also if mine is in D1 Status shouldn't I be provided a VIN#, dealer said he had nothing else.
Mine was in D status on the 6th, my dealer knew the vin at that time. Not sure where it's at now. He's going to let me know when its ready to ship. Not sure when that'll be.

I heard there used to be a website where you could track a sold order, but its no longer available.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #145 ·
I found this on a Challenger forum, you can get the build sheet with the vin w/ this web address

Just replace the XXXX with the full vin all in caps. If you can pull up the build sheet it means its actually been built. I was able to get mine. Pretty cool, lot of info on it

You can do the same to get the window sticker w/ this

Same thing replace the XXXX w/ the full vin all in caps. Mine doesn't pull up yet though

Nice to read this useful thread, thank you all. I latched onto J'sR/T and Cooder's discussion along with others here, as I was scoping 2021 RT/Tow 'n Go info. I voted yesterday ;) — to order our 2021 RT Tow 'n Go in White Knuckle, Blacktop version. options: Tech group, Blindspot, 2nd row tumble, Sunroof, Black leath-Radar red, Cargo Plus, Premium Interior grp, Harm/Kard. It was an known build for us, as we're coming from an identical equipped 2018 RT (see below) save for T&G package. Carting four young gkids mtn bkng, skiing, RVng about the west, in a nible unibody, that as my granddaughter says has personality, made the vote for another RT term an easy one. Looking forward to reading more here, I share everyone's enthusiam. Cheers, Don.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Research that sound system. I believe it's the one that has generated tons of complaints on this forum already due to poor sound reproduction.

Research that sound system. I believe it's the one that has generated tons of complaints on this forum already due to poor sound reproduction.
Thanks for the note TFH. I was aware and did some interweb search and first hand testing (a couple of 2019 Durango RT's, one on lot the other a bud's). For my wife and I, we are not audiophiles or crank anything (ha, Spinal Tap's "#11dial" just came to mind). We come from the 2018 RT's 510w Beats system (set as; bias fading a couple of clicks toward rear, EQ with Bass at zero, Mid to +4, HiFreq at +2). With that, our SiriusXm channels, Apple playlists & Podcasts were fine. Most importantly, the grandkids love it, even tossing their YouTube, Minecraft gaming over the speakers. Testing the 825w HK system, we found it (YMMV) sounded better, especially at hwy speeds, so we ordered. That said, from what I've read, you'd think Dodge would tweak and patch fix—made easier going forward over air with Uconnect 5. Regards, Don.

Discussion starter · #149 ·
Still no 2021 Durango on the dodge website. I did see Mopar posted several "how to" videos on its YouTube page. Here's one for the wireless charging pad

Thanks for the note TFH. I was aware and did some interweb search and first hand testing (a couple of 2019 Durango RT's, one on lot the other a bud's). For my wife and I, we are not audiophiles or crank anything (ha, Spinal Tap's "#11dial" just came to mind). We come from the 2018 RT's 510w Beats system (set as; bias fading a couple of clicks toward rear, EQ with Bass at zero, Mid to +4, HiFreq at +2). With that, our SiriusXm channels, Apple playlists & Podcasts were fine. Most importantly, the grandkids love it, even tossing their YouTube, Minecraft gaming over the speakers. Testing the 825w HK system, we found it (YMMV) sounded better, especially at hwy speeds, so we ordered. That said, from what I've read, you'd think Dodge would tweak and patch fix—made easier going forward over air with Uconnect 5. Regards, Don.
I hear what your saying about not being an audiophile. When I did my MY 21 RT build I did not include the 19 speaker H&K. But as it were, the MY 20 SRT I did get, has it. Sounds very good, but I seem to enjoy the sound of the 392 more, at least for now. 😏 If I had a choice on the SRT, I would have opted not to get it, and put those funds towards the upgraded interior package.

Still no 2021 Durango on the dodge website. I did see Mopar posted several "how to" videos on its YouTube page. Here's one for the wireless charging pad

thanks for sharing... not sure what they mean with 'chi' enabled phone? LOL... simple question, will this charge an iphone without the adapter they mention? if not, it's worthless

Discussion starter · #152 ·
thanks for sharing... not sure what they mean with 'chi' enabled phone? LOL... simple question, will this charge an iphone without the adapter they mention? if not, it's worthless
Lol they must have a robot/computer do the reading for that. In the video description is says Qi-enabled phone. I was also thinking "what the heck is chi?" [emoji1787]

Yea i LoL’d when i heard ‘chi’ as well but it’s Qi Enabled which is any iPhone 8 or X and newer or Galaxy S9 and newer. Still don’t understand why it’s taking so long for dodge to update the website. The 2021 MY are about to be in show rooms any day/week now. Meanwhile you can configure a new Bronco and that’s not coming till March/April i believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea i LoL’d when i heard ‘chi’ as well but it’s Qi Enabled which is any iPhone 8 or X and newer or Galaxy S9 and newer. Still don’t understand why it’s taking so long for dodge to update the website. The 2021 MY are about to be in show rooms any day/week now. Meanwhile you can configure a new Bronco and that’s not coming till March/April i believe.

Well apparently the so called build and price tool on all FCA’s sites is more of a way to search for available stock with the options you build. Silly in my mind for those of us wanting to perhaps factory order one and see what it costs for the build of your choice.

Well apparently the so called build and price tool on all FCA’s sites is more of a way to search for available stock with the options you build. Silly in my mind for those of us wanting to perhaps factory order one and see what it costs for the build of your choice.
Yea i just like to configure vehicles and see the options. I ordered a truck back in August, and from what the dealer is saying it will be in soon.

Mine was ordered in late August too and there is a vin but I have no idea when it will arrive. It was ordered through work as part of a fleet order so I’m in the dark lol... I’ve never had to wait for a car and all 4 of my scat packs were bought and driven home same day so this is killing me here lol. Glad to hear that I will have wireless charging and car play though, as there is nothing worse than wires everywhere... it remains to be seen the quality though as my wired car play in the charger is better quality than blue tooth by a mile, for both music and phone calls.. guess it’s a worthwhile trade off..

141 - 160 of 748 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.