Dodge Durango Forum banner

581 - 600 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I truly think they are solely slotted to create an ass ton of brake dust... lol. Washed mine 3 times in the last 400 miles due to the crazy amount of brake dust on my white truck.
I thought it was just my bake foot doing that!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I truly think they are solely slotted to create an ass ton of brake dust... lol. Washed mine 3 times in the last 400 miles due to the crazy amount of brake dust on my white truck.
LOL! I have heard that the OEM brake pads that come with the SRT Brembos are dusty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since many seem interested in durations for ordering, we ordered our TNG about Dec 7th, we were told the build was complete around Dec 26th, and the window sticker was available around Dec 31st.

According to the dealer, it was on the train around the 1st, showed up in Denver on the train on Jan 7th, and then up to the dealer for pickup today... So about 5 1/2 weeks total start to finish.

First TNG that this particular dealer has seen. Looks sharp, and we're looking forward to start towing with it as well as getting used to the noise. :) Pictures forthcoming once I have a nice day without hurricane force winds...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #590
Picked it up last night! It was worth the wait. Coming from a 2018 R/T, the Tow n Go gave me everything I wanted in the old one and more! And man the exhaust sounds awesome, the cold start this morning was vicious!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Picked it up last night! It was worth the wait. Coming from a 2018 R/T, the Tow n Go gave me everything I wanted in the old one and more! And man the exhaust sounds awesome, the cold start this morning was vicious!

Now that’s a happy ending!!

·
Registered
88 Posts

Looks beautiful, super happy for you!

Sent from my S20 Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Django RT WhiteKnuckling Blacktop
34 Posts
Here are our "Slotted" Rotors.... 09N24621 – Brembo Store USA
And Brem does not list a pad associated with SRT build, rotor f/r I see. In fact, I remember a number of sites discussing the replacement of the SRT OEM pads due to dust. One thing for sure, these stoppers do bite and STOP moreover than my 2018 RT OEM brakes.

·
Registered
2018 Django RT WhiteKnuckling Blacktop
34 Posts
So if you're dusty...carbon pad change example. Note, this is performed on a 2019 DD SRT. @6:53 he mentions a torque setting of 110ft/lbs (in fact specs call for 111 ft/lb). However the T&G owner's manual calls for 130 ft/lb. While same 10" wheel and undercarriage bin parts as the SRT, I got thinking about this for the T&G and called both local dealership and Chrysler cust care. Both say follow manual, page 335 = 130 ft/lbs. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stumbled across this forum and thread and then a link to my video! Thanks for sharing it.

2 weeks in, the car is fantastic.

my wife went out with a friend last night, who was driving a ‘20 R/T and she told me this morning...”ours is so much louder, but I like it! That’s says a lot as she does not like my C5 corvette with a corsax pipe and cat back.

dodge hit a home run with the setup here. Sound is great. Suspension And driving dynamics is the bigger improvement if you ask me. The vitra gray is icing on the cake.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So if you're dusty...carbon pad change example. Note, this is performed on a 2019 DD SRT. @6:53 he mentions a torque setting of 110ft/lbs (in fact specs call for 111 ft/lb). However the T&G owner's manual calls for 130 ft/lb. While same 10" wheel and undercarriage bin parts as the SRT, I got thinking about this for the T&G and called both local dealership and Chrysler cust care. Both say follow manual, page 335 = 130 ft/lbs. Cheers.
funny and good that you checked as my charger manual was Incorrect and referenced 130 ft/lbs. however it was actually 111. it did not differentiate if you had dynamics package and the different wheels however the actual shop manual did state 111 similar to the HC.

It is strange that the T&G/SRT DD is 130 and not 111.

By the way, I went through 4 sets of powerstops, both z23 and z26 (there is no real difference other than the backing on the 26 to help with noise) and they were both great. 95% less dust, same stopping power basically and easy to swap especially when new. I never had to do anything else, same rotors and I didn't even have to remove the caliper off the rotor. I actually did my last set myself in the garage by myself. Getting the last pin of the clip back on with one person can be tricky but otherwise a fairly easy job even for the non mechanical people like myself. I see now he made it look easy with a screwdriver in that hole at the bottom, wish I had seen this video before I did my last set LOL

Reactions: Don.b.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great contributions - you guys are awesome. I picked up my TNG R/T almost a month ago and been wanting to post some pics / videos - just can’t get to it (also wanted the car to be clean - tough to accomplish in the NE this time of the year)

Coming from a 2020 R/T, I can’t agree more - it feels like the TNG pack addresses all those small things that always bothered me about the 2020.
  • exhaust note is awesome, but let’s not forget about the way it looks too!
  • the infotainment system is on another level! Seriously one of the best on the market.
  • layout of the center console is much improved and I’m so glad that they kept the important buttons - buttons and not Put everything on the touchscreen!

I didn’t see any pics of a spec similar to mine so I’ll try posting some pics soon.
Here is my spec:
  • granite on red with red calipers
  • safety pack
  • premium pack
  • leather dash
  • Alcantara headliner
  • every other option besides night/black pack /whatever it’s called (my 2020 had it and I was tired of the black wheel and mirror caps look as everyone is doing it now; besides I’m really liking the hyper black wheels) & sunroof (tiny ass sunroof is a waste of headroom IMO; unless it’s a panoramic roof, I skip it)

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great contributions - you guys are awesome. I picked up my TNG R/T almost a month ago and been wanting to post some pics / videos - just can’t get to it (also wanted the car to be clean - tough to accomplish in the NE this time of the year)

Coming from a 2020 R/T, I can’t agree more - it feels like the TNG pack addresses all those small things that always bothered me about the 2020.
  • exhaust note is awesome, but let’s not forget about the way it looks too!
  • the infotainment system is on another level! Seriously one of the best on the market.
  • layout of the center console is much improved and I’m so glad that they kept the important buttons - buttons and not Put everything on the touchscreen!

I didn’t see any pics of a spec similar to mine so I’ll try posting some pics soon.
Here is my spec:
  • granite on red with red calipers
  • safety pack
  • premium pack
  • leather dash
  • Alcantara headliner
  • every other option besides night/black pack /whatever it’s called (my 2020 had it and I was tired of the black wheel and mirror caps look as everyone is doing it now; besides I’m really liking the hyper black wheels) & sunroof (tiny ass sunroof is a waste of headroom IMO; unless it’s a panoramic roof, I skip it)

Happy motoring!
Quit teasing us! Where are the pictures lol.

581 - 600 of 626 Posts