Dodge Durango Forum banner

541 - 560 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
oh cool! does the order status work for us snowy Canadians too? ;)

edit: I guess a better question is what info do we need to track it with FCA?
My TNG as ordered arrived in 3.5 weeks, so that was pretty fast. Unfortunately the door trim has a puncture (new door panel on order), the windshield is cracked, and the hyper black wheels are shiny silver. Dealer says wheels are missing a powder coat and has requested replacement from Dodge. Dealer wants to just send windshield to Safelite, but I really want OEM glass. FCA says it should be OEM but having trouble finding availability. Also want to ensure re seal is done so as to not have any rust issues. They will not warranty long term on the potential seal/rust issue. Any of you have suggestions or experience on wheels or windshield glass?

·
Registered
126 Posts
My TNG as ordered arrived in 3.5 weeks, so that was pretty fast. Unfortunately the door trim has a puncture (new door panel on order), the windshield is cracked, and the hyper black wheels are shiny silver. Dealer says wheels are missing a powder coat and has requested replacement from Dodge. Dealer wants to just send windshield to Safelite, but I really want OEM glass. FCA says it should be OEM but having trouble finding availability. Also want to ensure re seal is done so as to not have any rust issues. They will not warranty long term on the potential seal/rust issue. Any of you have suggestions or experience on wheels or windshield glass?
The wheels are not missing powder coat. That's the color they are supposed to be. Dodge has used the the "Hyper Black" for the silver color for years. My previous durango was a 2015 with Rallye package and has the same wheel color and color name. If you want black, you needed to get the blackout package which gives you the "lights out" color wheels which are satin black.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Agree with @kdogdillon on the wheel color - if you look at the pics in his and my post further up in this thread you can see the Hyper Black is actually shiny gun metal grey. Hope they resolve your other issues. Before we left the dealership we noticed an error message on the UConnect5 display when it boots up, they scanned the system and put a telematic a module on order. I paired a phone, received a call and got wireless Android Auto up and running, so other than the error message on bootup no other known issues from the bad module yet. Only.other issue is our front passenger door won't fully close unless you really slam it. Alignment seems good, but we will get that fixed when it's in to have the module replaced. Overall, so far so good, my wife and I love it.

Sent from my S20 Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
133 Posts
Even if Safelite does the windshield you will still need to return to the dealer to have the cameras on the front of the rear view mirror recalibrated and aimed for the self-leveling headlights and the front collision warning to work properly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Agree with @kdogdillon on the wheel color - if you look at the pics in his and my post further up in this thread you can see the Hyper Black is actually shiny gun metal grey. Hope they resolve your other issues. Before we left the dealership we noticed an error message on the UConnect5 display when it boots up, they scanned the system and put a telematic a module on order. I paired a phone, received a call and got wireless Android Auto up and running, so other than the error message on bootup no other known issues from the bad module yet. Only.other issue is our front passenger door won't fully close unless you really slam it. Alignment seems good, but we will get that fixed when it's in to have the module replaced. Overall, so far so good, my wife and I love it.

Thanks for the info - dealer did compare my wheels to other hypers on the lot and said factory skipped a finishing step. I know they won’t be black. Concerned that if coating is missing that wheels may rust or something.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the info - dealer did compare my wheels to other hypers on the lot and said factory skipped a finishing step. I know they won’t be black. Concerned that if coating is missing that wheels may rust or something.
Very strange. Do you have an picture? They are aluminum alloy so rust is not a concern.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very strange. Do you have an picture? They are aluminum alloy so rust is not a concern.
Since we otherwise love the truck my spouse has it away at work today. So cannot pic. The good news is the thing sounds GREAT. The handling even in normal mode is precise but the ride is not harsh. Literally had hands on it for only about an hour last night. I think we will love it once the kinks are worked out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I do like that color combination as well! Really a great grey on black with the white exterior. I would always worry that I would make those colors too dirty. Sometimes designers get it pretty spot on.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

Your wheels look like my polished ones on my Citadel...I don't see any grey in them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Since we otherwise love the truck my spouse has it away at work today. So cannot pic. The good news is the thing sounds GREAT. The handling even in normal mode is precise but the ride is not harsh. Literally had hands on it for only about an hour last night. I think we will love it once the kinks are worked out.
why o why, cannot i simply buy the T&G Exhaust LOL...I suppose it's done on purpose otherwise people might just skip the T&G package and buy the pieces they want, i.e. just exhaust or just wheels etc?

So we still don't know if it's anything like the Mopar Performance Exhaust ? Maybe I should just get that and call it a day.... how bad can it be ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think that was figured out. In one of these threads someone compared pics of the Tow n Go exhaust with the Mopar performance exhaust and they are different. The Tow n Go has 3" diameter exhaust I believe, so the consensus was the Tow n Go is an SRT exhaust adapted to the RT.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I called customer service. Apparently it only allows one profile right now and an update coming soon will add up to 5 profiles.
Did they say when the update for the DD will be pushed? Doesn't make sense we should have less than the most recent UConnect 5 capability. I also saw a video for pairing the DVD system remote on UConnect 5 that showed a newer remote than the one I got. Remote and headphones work, but the video seemed to indicate the rear seat screens were touchscreen which mine are not. So I wonder if the DD version of UConnect 5 is different than the rest of the fleet?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did they say when the update for the DD will be pushed? Doesn't make sense we should have less than the most recent UConnect 5 capability. I also saw a video for pairing the DVD system remote on UConnect 5 that showed a newer remote than the one I got. Remote and headphones work, but the video seemed to indicate the rear seat screens were touchscreen which mine are not. So I wonder if the DD version of UConnect 5 is different than the rest of the fleet?

They did not say when the update would go out. Hopefully soon. Is this not the first vehicle with the uconnect 5?

541 - 560 of 626 Posts