Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up Durango gang! Yesterday I placed an order for a 2021 R/T w/ the Tow n Go package. The lease is almost up on my 2018 R/T. Its been a great vehicle, no issues what so ever. We looked at the new Explorer ST as a replacement since it's very similar. The 2nd row has more room then the Durango by a lot. We have 2 small kids in car seats so that was attractive. It scooted along pretty good, felt pretty solid. But when Dodge announced the Tow n Go package, which basically makes it a SRT w/ the 5.7 Hemi, I knew that was what we were going after. Got to custom order all the stuff we wanted. Its gonna be a long 8 weeks! I'll definitely post pics when we get it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congrats on your new order.
Do you mind sharing your lease deal? My lease will be over in 5 months and I need to start shopping around now and the RT with TnG package is on my list.

·
Registered
2013 Charger SuperBee 392, 2018 DD R/T Blacktop Edition
26 Posts
What color did you end up going with? The colors are way better for 2020-2021!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on your new order.
Do you mind sharing your lease deal? My lease will be over in 5 months and I need to start shopping around now and the RT with TnG package is on my list.
Thanks! One thing that was a curve ball is if you're leasing through Chrysler, and want to "trade it in" to a Dodge dealer, they won't take it as a trade in. They will "ground" it or early terminate the lease. So if you're counting on equity from trade in value vs what you owe, there won't be any. Chrysler has 2 pay offs, customer pay off and dealer pay off. Customer pays the residual, Chrysler makes a dealer pay an inflated price because they'd rather take it to auction and make money there.

For example my pay off to buy out my lease is $30k roughly, which is the residual. The dealer I ordered through would have to pay $40k to buy it from Chrysler! The Ford dealer offered me $35k. I'm going to pay off our lease so I get the title. Then I can sell it to who ever. The dealer I'm ordering from will match, possibly beat what Ford offered. I'll see what Carmax will pay, maybe even list it privately. Its super clean and low miles, highly optioned, should be an easy sell.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What color did you end up going with? The colors are way better for 2020-2021!
Destroyer Grey, it's going to look goooooood! I also got it w/ the Black Top package and the Red Brembos. I would've ordered stripes but they only come in silver or grey. With out being able to see what the grey looked like i opted for no stripes for now. I'll most likely get satin black stripes down the road.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow sweet! I had mine ordered about 3 weeks ago... can’t wait. I didn’t get to choose options as it’s coming through work long story but at least I got white with red leather and blacktop... coming from 4 scat packs I too would have ordered the tow and go 100%! They told you 8 weeks? If that’s true then mine should be here in about 5 weeks I hope. My first dodge ever was a 2015 rt and it was a great vehicle. Congrats and I hope I get to post pics before you lol but I’m not In Control of my vehicle.

Btw, I know we’re dodge around here but even unbiased a Durango rt crushes a Ford Explorer every day of the week so good choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: yyz2sea

·
Registered
90 Posts
What's up Durango gang! Yesterday I placed an order for a 2021 R/T w/ the Tow n Go package. The lease is almost up on my 2018 R/T. Its been a great vehicle, no issues what so ever. We looked at the new Explorer ST as a replacement since it's very similar. The 2nd row has more room then the Durango by a lot. We have 2 small kids in car seats so that was attractive. It scooted along pretty good, felt pretty solid. But when Dodge announced the Tow n Go package, which basically makes it a SRT w/ the 5.7 Hemi, I knew that was what we were going after. Got to custom order all the stuff we wanted. Its gonna be a long 8 weeks! I'll definitely post pics when we get it

Congrats..the 8 weeks will suck but it will go by quick! Look forward to see the pics..

·
Registered
7 Posts

I ordered my 2021 with Tow and Go last Friday. I agree it is going to be a long wait.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks! One thing that was a curve ball is if you're leasing through Chrysler, and want to "trade it in" to a Dodge dealer, they won't take it as a trade in. They will "ground" it or early terminate the lease. So if you're counting on equity from trade in value vs what you owe, there won't be any. Chrysler has 2 pay offs, customer pay off and dealer pay off. Customer pays the residual, Chrysler makes a dealer pay an inflated price because they'd rather take it to auction and make money there.

For example my pay off to buy out my lease is $30k roughly, which is the residual. The dealer I ordered through would have to pay $40k to buy it from Chrysler! The Ford dealer offered me $35k. I'm going to pay off our lease so I get the title. Then I can sell it to who ever. The dealer I'm ordering from will match, possibly beat what Ford offered. I'll see what Carmax will pay, maybe even list it privately. Its super clean and low miles, highly optioned, should be an easy sell.

I am leasing through Chrysler capital. The payoff on my 18 GT is around $27k, but I am not planning to return the lease early (expires 03/21) so I think in this case it does not make a difference, right?
Or you recommend I pay it off then use it as a Trade in?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am leasing through Chrysler capital. The payoff on my 18 GT is around $27k, but I am not planning to return the lease early (expires 03/21) so I think in this case it does not make a difference, right?
Or you recommend I pay it off then use it as a Trade in?
It'll all depend on the value vs pay off at the time you want to get a new ride. The used car market is strong at the moment, new car inventory is low so used car values have been rising. Who knows how long til values go back down. I checked the value of my 2018 back in January, it looked like I'd be lucky to break even trading it in. Now due to the market I have equity so its a good time for me to sell it. My lease isn't up til January 2021.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It'll all depend on the value vs pay off at the time you want to get a new ride. The used car market is strong at the moment, new car inventory is low so used car values have been rising. Who knows how long til values go back down. I checked the value of my 2018 back in January, it looked like I'd be lucky to break even trading it in. Now due to the market I have equity so its a good time for me to sell it. My lease isn't up til January 2021.

Yes, I noticed the used car market is very high now, but not sure how it will be by 03/21 when my lease is over.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Congrats, I ordered my RT with tow n go about 4 weeks ago. Billet metallic with the blacktop package too. Not sure where your dealer is getting the delivery timeline from though? They may or may not start building them the first week of October. Mine is in D status, so in the build queue, with a vin assigned.
Last four of the vin is 4024, so am I number 24 in the line? Lol, sure hope so. Btw, apparently from my digging on details online, the blacktop package includes the Hellcat “Lights Out”wheels. Looking forward patiently
to my SRT LITE.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats, I ordered my RT with tow n go about 4 weeks ago. Billet metallic with the blacktop package too. Not sure where your dealer is getting the delivery timeline from though? They may or may not start building them the first week of October. Mine is in D status, so in the build queue, with a vin assigned.
Last four of the vin is 4024, so am I number 24 in the line? Lol, sure hope so. Btw, apparently from my digging on details online, the blacktop package includes the Hellcat “Lights Out”wheels. Looking forward patiently
to my SRT LITE.
Ahh ha. Congrats to you as well. I don't have a vin for ours yet. The dealer is going to let me know once some progress happens. They told me 8-10 weeks. That's funny I was digging around last night and saw that when you get the Black Top w/ Tow n Go you get the Lights Out wheels. So awesome!

·
Registered
135 Posts
So the wheels with tow and go black top are different than the blacktop without tow and go? So what wheels am I getting I have an rt Blacktop without tow, coming . I thought I was getting these which are nice

Reactions: Chase300

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
So the wheels with tow and go black top are different than the blacktop without tow and go? So what wheels am I getting I have an rt Blacktop without tow, coming . I thought I was getting these which are nice

This article has the most info I could find on all the stuff for 2021.

It says the wheels you get on a R/T Black Top are 20-by-8-inch Black Noise. I don't recall seeing a picture of these.

The article says the standard wheels on the Tow n Go are 20x10 Hyper Black. But there's also another option called Hyper Matte also in a 20x10. The only pictures they show are the R/T w/ Tow n Go, Citadel, and the Hellcat.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Go to the website NetCarShow.com. Search for Durango and it explains it all.
This is nothing for sure of course as it is just “internet” information.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This article has the most info I could find on all the stuff for 2021.

It says the wheels you get on a R/T Black Top are 20-by-8-inch Black Noise. I don't recall seeing a picture of these.

The article says the standard wheels on the Tow n Go are 20x10 Hyper Black. But there's also another option called Hyper Matte also in a 20x10. The only pictures they show are the R/T w/ Tow n Go, Citadel, and the Hellcat.

Thanks... so my rt will have the same black noise as 2020? And the same as the sxt model? That kind of stinks lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, 20x8 Black Noise on the RT.
RT with Tow n Go gets 20x10 Hyper Black,
and if you opt for the blacktop pkg, you get 20x10 Lights Out, as seen on the pics of the Hellcat with the blacktop pkg.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts