Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info coming very soon ;)

Items to be drop shipped directly from my distributor in California and available in Chrome, Black or Titanium Accents.

On all/any overseas sales, I'll ship it myself to make sure they go out correctly.

IndyDurango

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Sign me up for the titanium accents, ;) (open, open, open) ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
How much?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Indy,
Are you getting the Ti ones? I heard they stopped making them and was just wondering because I've heard people asking for them and I haven't seen them on eBay in over a year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
IndyDurango said:
Info coming very soon ;)

Items to be drop shipped directly from my distributor in California and available in Chrome, Black or Titanium Accents.
Now you're talkin'!!

I'm in for some titaniums if you can do it for the right price.

-Marq

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Indy stated the he'll be able to get titanium ones as well. I just got a set of these they're really made well.
I was proactive and resealed all the seams with clear nail polish to avoid the possibilty of fogging later on.
I can't let you see them cause I'm not allowed to have them on my D until Christmas.
Great job Indy
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Indy,
Are the base covers interchangable, the inserts inside the corner light area?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those look great. I've seen some of them on eBay with interchangable amber/clear side markers. Is this possible with these??

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Answers:

Versions: The first generation of the one piece lights, regardless of Black, Ti or Chrome, did not have the orange/amber reflector. All the new units now available from the factory have the lenses. My original Ti's and the Chrome's on my D now don't have the orange/amber lens, but again, any sets purchased new now will have them. I understand that this lens makes them DOT certified and street legal.

The fit: The fit on the lights are a direct relationship to the quality of the installation. Since all of the generations of lights are all the same size, they all fit the same. Thus, if your install is loose, huge gaps, etc, it's because of your install. Other owners have installed them with no troubles. Some owners have altered the parts by cutting away the rear posts, etc. That's not supported and not recommended. As with any aftermarket item, they're different from the originals. I've seen some with no gaps and no wiggle. Mine has a slight gap and I can move the lamps less than about an 1/8 inch by hand, but they don't wiggle when running down the road at night. I plan on going back in and adding a piece of trim around them to clean up the slight gap and make sure everything is as tight as possible. I acknowledge that my issues are a direct result of my install.

Lenses:To my knowledge, nothing on the lights are interchangable. That's to say you can't get inside the lights to the reflectors, lenses, etc. Since all the one piece units are all made by ABM, anyone saying otherwise is incorrect based on my experience on both sets I've had, albeit I haven't had a set of these new ones in hand. If the lense is removable, consider that a bonus I guess.

Leaking: My first set of Ti's leaked around the socket areas. On my second set in chrome, I fully sealed them with silicone all around the sockets and let it dry before installing them in place. No leaks. Before sealing is the time to add new bulbs, LEDs setups or even PIAA Extreme White main lamps to your setup. If you wait and blow a used bulb days after your new sealed install, don't cry to me about it. You were advised to use all new bulbs here.

Install: Take off the lower turn signal marker section of your stocker two piece lights first. This is via a single allen bolt (long and skinny.) That gets you access to the main bolts that hold in the headlight assembly. There are three bolts (7/16's I think, and about a inch and a half long) that hold in the assembly. Two of these are easy to get at. The lower along the bumper is a bit tougher. Some have actually removed the bumper to get to them. I feel that's overkill. From underneath the truck, you can reach up and get to the bolt. Remove stock assembly and replace with the new sealed one piece lights. The three bolts are all there's to it. Take your time. Place a rag between your tool and the top of the bumper fasia when working on removal/replacement of the bolt closest to the grille. If not, you'll likely scratch the bumper cover.

Aiming: The new setup uses two captured allen head screws, one moving up and down and the other moving the unit side to side, just like the stockers do. don't remove or run the screws out to their extreme. You'll pop out the round head of the screw, probably cracking the captured area (these are plastic afterall) and will have issues thereafter. If you do this even after being warned, while holding the headlight assembly firmly, with an open hand, suddenly smack the face of the light to pop the head back into the captured hole (speaking from experience.) Once you're ready to adjust the lights, at night, pull up to a garage door, a wall, etc? about 20 feet away from it? and screw the screws forth and back to move the lamps where you want them. Sometimes they don't seem to move, but they're moving or at the end of travel (pending popping out of you keep screwing them from here.) Check the light on the door/wall as you turn the screws. You'll see the light moving up and down or side to side. From there, it takes adjustments on both to get them where you want them. I also suggest a trip out to a dark road and double check you settings and how the new headlights cast the light. It'll be different and you'll get more of a beam than you did with the stockers. Stock is an even compromised wash of light, the one pieces are a more focused beam of light. These lights with PIAAs work very nicely with a set of Angel Eye fog lights (AEs are actually a second set of driving lights.) Don't blind anyone by improper aiming or nelegence in proper aiming of your lights.

Pricing/Other: I'm not interested in making money from you guys on these via this offer. I'm offering the headlights here only as a service to the DOC community. Price may/will vary if you see me list them elsewhere. My prices and profits on my website will certainly be different from these here. Even if I wanted to make money on these, there's very little margin from my costs at this time to a translated loaded/shipped sales price.

Product will ship direct from the distributor and I'll never actually touch your item myself (unless you have an overseas order.) However, I'll personally make sure you get your product via contacts with the distributor. Shipments will be insured so damage to the product on arrival will be between you and the shipper, UPS. Standard UPS rules apply for damage claims. Once shipped, and since this isn't a profit making adventure for me, please save the bitching and moaning for others.

PayPal only. PayPal charges 2.9% + $0.30 USD on all transactions. Costs on each set is $150 +$10 Shipping +$5 Fees +$10 for the issues I'll have with some folks. This equals, on the average, all sales delivered to the coastal USA will be $175 total. eBay sellers, with shipping, come in at $185-$200 now. I personally paid $230 delivered per set on mine, but the prices have came down since then.

Sales overseas are accepted. I'll work with you to ship these out to you personally. Costs will change accordingly since I'm sure shipping to Canada is different from the UAE, Dubai, etc.

I have a minimum order of a dozen sets at a time, any combo of styles. We can start a list and you can start telling me which version you want: Chrome, Ti or Black. While at this time I should require payment from you when you sign up, I won't. What we'll do is wait until the list is full enough to order and we'll have you send the funds at that time. Since some (losers) will bail out at that time, we may still have to wait until we get the necessary level of involvement. I may add a couple of sets for myself here and there to get us up to the order minimums.

If you also want a LED Third Brake Light assembly, chrome or black, the shipped total for the combo package will be $219. The package deal saves $5 and adds $44 total to the headlights for the additional LED Third Brake Light assembly. eBay sales for these LEDs are anywhere from $51-$65. Standalone orders for the LEDs will be $49 shipped from me to anywhere in the costal US. We can work out shipping elsewhere as above.

Please start and maintain the lists via cut and paste like this:

1. Freddy Fast (Username) - Black Headlights & Smoked LEDs
2. Jeff Jumper (Username) - Ti Headlights Only
3. Tom Slick (Username) - Chrome Headlights & Chrome LEDs
4. Rick Runner (Username) - Smoked LEDs Only
5. etc
6. etc

Once we get to 12 buyers (headlight and/or LEDs), we'll start over, I'll PM you with my PayPal info and we'll go from there.

Sparring you the details, I'm still working on prices that could be less than this. If I can get that done, at that time any orders will go in at the lower rate, even if you've signed up for the price above. This applies only to non-shipped product since the lower pricing option is still in the works and may or may not be available when you get your order actually placed. I'll do my best. In order to do this however, we do need actual orders to place. Snooze and you may loose entirely.

Disclaimer: For off road use only. Professional installation is strongly suggested. In the event that this post is edited, the disclaimer is still in full effect. I'm not responsible for your use in any way, or the results of your use of this product. As the buyer you have full responsibility and will hold me personally and my companys completely harmless for any use of these/this product(s.) Your purchase will be a silent acknowledgement of this disclaimer in full and with no exceptions worldwide.

Please don't grille me over any of this! If you do, you'll see my wrath! J/K. Flames will just hurt everyone else and you can then all pay more for less on eBay. Afterall, it's not a million bucks we're working with here.

On a lighter side, happy to help you guys :!: I mentioned getting this setup months ago and it hasn't been easy. The up side I guess is that I have access to literally thousands of performance and aftermarket items now for tons of vehicles. If you're looking for something, say for your Sion or Ford, just let me know. LOL.

Let's see eBay sellers give you half the info I have above. Not!

HTH,

IndyDurango

·
Registered
329 Posts
What color is the middle picture one?

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Ill Start

Need a Paypal addy Indy?
Thanks!
1. Steve S (FSTDANGO3) - Third Brake light only

Steve
Pres DOC

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lenses: To my knowledge, nothing on the lights are interchangable. That's to say you can't get inside the lights to the reflectors, lenses, etc. Since all the one piece units are all made by ABM, anyone saying otherwise is incorrect based on my experience on both sets I've had, albeit I haven't had a set of these new ones in hand. If the lense is removable, consider that a bonus I guess.

Didn't your original posting, before later editing, say something about "interchangeable?"

Just checking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Indy,
Exactly where are you located at in Indy? Was wanting to stop by and take some pics of them on your truck. I have quite a few buyers interested but want to see them installed first.

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steve, which one :?

Viperbob, add to the list in full detail :roll:

pjb, nope, no change in my stance there. Not interchangable that I know of and certianly not on either set I've had. The ambers are for DOT certification, thus added to the design after they first came on the market last year. This could be what you were remebering.

dizzyD said:
Indy,
Are the base covers interchangable, the inserts inside the corner light area?
498 views and one taker on each, hummm. Well talk is cheap and these lights aren't. Looks like price reality has set in. If we don't get to the dozen, there's always eBay where you'll get to pay more for the same thing.

Mopower98rt said:
Indy,
Exactly where are you located at in Indy? Was wanting to stop by and take some pics of them on your truck. I have quite a few buyers interested but want to see them installed first.
Hey there Mopower98rt. Welcome to the DOC!

As for Indy, I live in Brownsburg. Where are you in Avon and I'll come to you still today? My office is at the Airport. PM me for my cell phone number.

IndyD

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wasn't asking you to change your stance about the interchangeabilty, just asking if your edits included removing the interchangeable wording that (I think) had been there originally.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts