Dodge Durango Forum banner
1521 - 1540 of 1541 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT AWD Town'NGo
196 Posts
It took quite a while to convince my wife to get one. She hemmed and hawed as I showed her various DDs and they would all be sold before she realized that she really wanted one. The perfect '17 R/T in Redline with all the options was there for the taking.... until it wasn't. I was thrilled to find the black one we have and she wasn't truly sold on it until she saw the red interior. It's fabulous and just makes me think that the Redline just wasn't meant to be for us.
I love the red interior, but red exterior with red calipers was enough. Also I picked the premium interior package, that suede headliner looks good and the red stitching too.
My wife wanted the Lexus RX, but I wanted the Durango, so I tried to convince her and there it is. At the end she only wanted an SUV, so… 🤣😉

·
Registered
166 Posts
My wife has the 5.7 Hemi in her '22 Grand Cherokee and that thing rips, and that's with a luxury tuned suspension and exhaust. I think the R/T Tow 'n Go might be the best price/performance spot in the lineup. It has a very capable v8 paired with the fun SRT parts exhaust and suspension wise.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My wife has the 5.7 Hemi in her '22 Grand Cherokee and that thing rips, and that's with a luxury tuned suspension and exhaust. I think the R/T Tow 'n Go might be the best price/performance spot in the lineup. It has a very capable v8 paired with the fun SRT parts exhaust and suspension wise.
That’s why I picked the TnG…. And because the lightouts wheels 😂
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. New member here. Just recently ordered my 22 R/T Plus on April 21st. Octane Red exterior and black interior. Tow N Go Package, Blacktop Package, Cargo Package, and the red SRT brakes as well. Dealership is quoting 12 weeks but also says that orders are coming in faster now as they think Dodge is starting to catch up. I'm beyond excited and it's killing me that I can't track this thing myself. Haha.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello all. New member here. Just recently ordered my 22 R/T Plus on April 21st. Octane Red exterior and black interior. Tow N Go Package, Blacktop Package, Cargo Package, and the red SRT brakes as well. Dealership is quoting 12 weeks but also says that orders are coming in faster now as they think Dodge is starting to catch up. I'm beyond excited and it's killing me that I can't track this thing myself. Haha. View attachment 121213
Congratulations!Very nice!
Once you get your vin number assigned you can go onto dodges website and use the "contact us" feature to chat with a dodge representative and they can at least let you know what stage of the process you are in. Mine took 8 weeks from order to delivery

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello all. New member here. Just recently ordered my 22 R/T Plus on April 21st. Octane Red exterior and black interior. Tow N Go Package, Blacktop Package, Cargo Package, and the red SRT brakes as well. Dealership is quoting 12 weeks but also says that orders are coming in faster now as they think Dodge is starting to catch up. I'm beyond excited and it's killing me that I can't track this thing myself. Haha. View attachment 121213
Congrats!
few things to you before you get it. Download the owner manual and read it, it’s important. One common mistake that could damage your engine is the shift paddles. If you activate them (+/-) you need to be aware that it need to be deactivated. My case: on my first drive, I change a gear with the + paddle, but then I keep driving and I assumed that it will disconnect auto because my Lexus was that way, but no, it was in manual and high revving for couple miles until I noticed. Every time you touch paddles, you need to disconnect them (holding right paddle for couple seconds). Also and the most important! breaking engine!!!!! Please, read your manual owner and see the way you should drive it for the first 300-1500 miles. Revs, acceleration and speed is crucial.
Enjoy and welcome to the DD family.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats!... I just ordered mine on April 22 and was also expecting a longer wait. Got a call last week from my salesman notifying me I was assigned a June 1st build date and should expect it before the end of June... completely surprised and excited as well, never ordered a car b4.

·
Registered
2022 Durango SRT 392 (on order)
2 Posts
Congrats!... I just ordered mine on April 22 and was also expecting a longer wait. Got a call last week from my salesman notifying me I was assigned a June 1st build date and should expect it before the end of June... completely surprised and excited as well, never ordered a car b4.
Lucky you. I I ordered my DDSRT March 17th. Been stuck in D status since the 24th of March … no updates as of yet.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I also agree the R/T TNG is the sweet spot. I love mine as an all around vehicle.

the TNG is a monster at passing slower traffic. anywhere in the 40-65 mph range I can simply floor the throttle and pass cars with no problem. the Durango just down shifts and rockets past them. I love it.

just got back from a 5+ hour drive down to Florida. drove around and did some sight seeing while there. put the TNG in Eco on the interstate and it just cruises along. love this thing.

Reactions: yosy

·
Registered
74 Posts
We ordered ours on March 28, 2022. Two days later they closed JNAP for two months for re-tooling. For those of you waiting for a 2022, the plant will resume production in the second week of May as it stands right now. We have a 2022 Durango SRT on order with the Red Seat Belts, Harmon Carden, Laguna Leather, Premium Interior, Sun Roof, Tow Package, and Technology Package. The sticker came in right at 80K. We are trading in our 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. JNAP (Jefferson North Assembly Plant) is being converted to produce EV vehicles. 2024 Durango production will be moving to Mack Assembly and will be on the same platform as the new Grand Cherokee. We just had to get in on the last of the HEMI's. We did not want to wait until 2023 the option packages and color selection are already slim pickings.

·
Registered
2022 Durango SRT 392 (on order)
2 Posts
Sorry to hear that... I'm going to double check back with the dealer, does seem unexpectedly quick assignment.
It is what it is, just gotta play the waiting game. I did order mine with the tech group, no HK system. Not sure if that makes any difference.

I got a text from the dealer yesterday too. "no new updates as of yet" :cautious:

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I got around to checking back with my Salesman today and he said I was D1 status and gave me my VIN. Scheduled build start of June 2. He did mention there are others in that dealership that ordered before me that I am now ahead of, suspects because I did not order the Technology pkg possibly?

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,856 Posts
Yup, more tech means more chips.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So I got around to checking back with my Salesman today and he said I was D1 status and gave me my VIN. Scheduled build start of June 2. He did mention there are others in that dealership that ordered before me that I am now ahead of, suspects because I did not order the Technology pkg possibly?
I would check back in a couple of weeks just to make sure. I was in D1 before JNAP went down for re-tooling. I got bounced back to D I hope when the plant goes back online Monday that I get moved back to D1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! New to the group, I ordered my SRT on March 10, and of course the plant shut down shortly after. Does anyone know if it is actually up and running again? Or have a link to this Dodge chat I have read about in the thread? When I ordered it I said I was in no hurry, and of course now I am impatient. And don't know if I want to be in the first batch out of the new facility. Lots of anxiety over here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi! New to the group, I ordered my SRT on March 10, and of course the plant shut down shortly after. Does anyone know if it is actually up and running again? Or have a link to this Dodge chat I have read about in the thread? When I ordered it I said I was in no hurry, and of course now I am impatient. And don't know if I want to be in the first batch out of the new facility. Lots of anxiety over here.
I also have a new 22 SRT on order. Just check my status on Friday and I am still in "D". I have a ton of options on mine so I am pretty sure I am at the back of the line. I think we will be lucky if we see ours in July. They will be building 22's all the way through November. 23's are only going to be built for two quarters so it will be a very short run.

1521 - 1540 of 1541 Posts