Dodge Durango Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1540 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well...I have an appointment at 1030am on Friday morning April 1st to sign the papers and pick it up. I had to reach out to my salesman today as I had not heard anything in a week. Never will I ever deal with this dealer again!!
Wish me luck as it being April fools day on Friday I feel like I'm being set up for a cruel joke.
Tomorrow is my next update.....I'm being patient and only bothering my salesperson twice a week (at least until it starts moving again)

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Reactions: Ledman66

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey guys! Sadly I’m not enjoying my experience with the RT.

1- This car drink gasoline like water (just 1350 miles and I have expended $450-500 in gas), and I know what a V8 means, I have a 5.2L V8. This car average is about 10-11 mpg. But, sometimes 9mpg. ⛽😩

2- Going at 20-30mph and I intended to accelerate but barely touching the pedal, you can feel a engaging noise between exhaust and transmission, it’s hard to explain, because it’s weird. And the transmission shifts weird when it’s under 500-1500rpm, at low speed. It could be transmission things, could be the all-wheel-drive, could be something related with the tow package.🤨

3-The driver side suspension feels hard, like when you going over a speed bumper and you heard and feel a rough. 🤔

4- The annoying ticking noise since 300miles. Now I have to leave my DD in the dealer at least 1-2 weeks (Miami dealer things) because only one mechanic to check the engine. They say the ticking noise is something inside the engine. With 300 miles and here is this. I’m regretting this 5.7L Hemi. 😩😞

All this with only 1350 miles on this car 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyways, my question is:
do you think I should uninstall the catch can just in case Dodge wants to mess around with the warranty? (I placed the catch can at 680 miles, and the noise was there since 300 miles or sooner. So, no relation of this noise with the catch can, but you know manufacturers. 😩

Any advice of someone going and leaving his car at the dealer?? Experience to share? Should I let them know to be careful with my wheels (my previous Lexus, the dealer scratched the external paint on my wheels), and be careful with the paint? I don’t know…

I will appreciate any advice!
Regards
Something is wrong if your only getting 11-12 miles to a gallon and sometimes 9!? You must have a heavy foot or there's a more serious issue. The more I drive mine the better the mileage gets and I get on it here and there. Average 17 between highway and city in my RT TnG.
Ticking noise from the engine? The good old HEMI tick, it's normal for the most part but hopefully not anything serious in your case.
For the transmission it's still learning how you drive and those issues will smooth out the more you drive the Durango at least in my experience.
The suspension I'm not sure what that's about...I do notice on my AWD a knock or clunk from the rear when I go over a speed bump a little to fast but it doesn't seem to be anything I'm worried about.
And leaving the car for awhile? Yes! Do a walk around with them when you leave it and note that the wheels have NO curb rash etc and take pictures for your protection.
Hope your experience gets better and good luck 👍

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT AWD Town'NGo
196 Posts
Something is wrong if your only getting 11-12 miles to a gallon and sometimes 9!? You must have a heavy foot or there's a more serious issue. The more I drive mine the better the mileage gets and I get on it here and there. Average 17 between highway and city in my RT TnG.
Ticking noise from the engine? The good old HEMI tick, it's normal for the most part but hopefully not anything serious in your case.
For the transmission it's still learning how you drive and those issues will smooth out the more you drive the Durango at least in my experience.
The suspension I'm not sure what that's about...I do notice on my AWD a knock or clunk from the rear when I go over a speed bump a little to fast but it doesn't seem to be anything I'm worried about.
And leaving the car for awhile? Yes! Do a walk around with them when you leave it and note that the wheels have NO curb rash etc and take pictures for your protection.
Hope your experience gets better and good luck 👍
Holly Thanks!! I’m relieved now about the transmission. About the suspension, I bet it’s me 🤣 the ticking noise, I went to another dealer and they have more technicians to check the engine, have to go back on Monday. Maybe I have not to leave it that long. I will remove the catch can anyway, just in case, but CCs are not harmful. About the MPG, I don’t know, I think it is me, or maybe too low mileage to get an exact idea. As Tin told me, I should take notes and do manual calculations instead of check the EVIC. Thanks for your extensive answer, I appreciate it. Hope everything goes fine with that engine. It’s frustrating to hear that noise with 1350 miles on that car.
See how much oil in around 500 miles.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Glasses Hand Shoe Automotive tire Sunglasses

Automotive tire Automotive design Eyewear Rim Audio equipment

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine has finally left JNAP......moved to Nitro Creek in Toledo.

Still does not have a delivery date assigned, but at least it has a trucking company assigned for delivery, that means there's a shipping order for it somewhere.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,854 Posts
At least it has color on it. There are too many boring colors out there. Just look at Carvana with all of their black and white models. I have black and love it with the red interior but there are just way too many black ones from rental companies now. Congrats on yours!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Finally picked mine up yesterday.....

It's not as flashy as some of the others in here (just a boring old SXT).....

But it's new, and it's mine

View attachment 121042
beautiful! Octane red pearlcoat is a great color! I'm so glad you finally got it, enjoy! Mines at the dealer getting the paint and body panel issues corrected...they gave me a Jeep Compass for a rental, it's not bad but I sure do miss my Hemi

·
Registered
38 Posts
Honest question, why choose the Durango at that trim level vs the competitors? The competition from more modern platforms with more bells and whistles options wise at a similar price point is pretty compelling.
We're a camping family, so towing capacity was important....the competitors at a slightly lower price point don't match the Durango for towing. We're also a loyal CDJR household.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,854 Posts
Still my favorite color if I could have found one with all the options we wanted. You just like showing off and making us jealous, don't you?

Reactions: yosy

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT AWD Town'NGo
196 Posts
Still my favorite color if I could have found one with all the options we wanted. You just like showing off and making us jealous, don't you?
Nooooooo 🤣… I was lucky and I could order it. That color was my wife’s election, I wanted the destroyer gray. Thank God I heard her 🤣
I wish to add HK system, and maybe sunroof. Or the Hellcat one 😻
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire Cloud

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,854 Posts
It took quite a while to convince my wife to get one. She hemmed and hawed as I showed her various DDs and they would all be sold before she realized that she really wanted one. The perfect '17 R/T in Redline with all the options was there for the taking.... until it wasn't. I was thrilled to find the black one we have and she wasn't truly sold on it until she saw the red interior. It's fabulous and just makes me think that the Redline just wasn't meant to be for us.

Reactions: yosy
1501 - 1520 of 1540 Posts