Dodge Durango Forum banner
1321 - 1340 of 1386 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
815 Posts
They usually assign VINs pretty fast. I had mine 12 hours after placing my order, but still waited about 4 months for delivery. The fact that you have an estimated ship date already is interesting, but I wouldn’t count on that date at all. CAI yes, but the only way you are going to tune it is to buy an unlocked PCM and pay for a tune which would void your warranty.

Reactions: thastings88

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Well, it sounds like the 2022s must be in production! I emailed my salesman to see if he had a VIN for me, since I hadn't heard anything since I placed the order 11/12. He not only had a VIN, but he said it's showing an estimated ship date of 1/7/22! Fantastic news... now I just have to decide if I want to order a CAI or tuner first.
yes, they assign VIN's pretty quickly. that order date and build date do seem to match up with what my salesman, Mike Clinnin, told me. he said the early orders would be built fairly quickly and then the factory would shut down for about 2 months in spring.

Reactions: thastings88

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,401 Posts
I don't know if it's a bonus or not to have a '22 built at the same time as they are completing '21s. Obviously they are the same vehicles or they couldn't do that. I think the only reason they are doing '22s now is so they can get the higher price for the new model year, at a cost of colors and differences in option packages. This overlap is probably the only reason that they are still willing to do some of the colors left out of the '22 pallete. When the '21s are shut down is probably when those special option colors will be gone.

Reactions: DDC

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I don't know if it's a bonus or not to have a '22 built at the same time as they are completing '21s. Obviously they are the same vehicles or they couldn't do that. I think the only reason they are doing '22s now is so they can get the higher price for the new model year, at a cost of colors and differences in option packages. This overlap is probably the only reason that they are still willing to do some of the colors left out of the '22 pallete. When the '21s are shut down is probably when those special option colors will be gone.
I suspect your are correct on the additional colors. that Mopar Insiders article I posted a couple weeks back did state the additional colors were 'limited time' but did not give any real reason why Stellantis allowed the 'limited time'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s finally here!!! After having to escalate to a supervisor (via chat on mopar website), I received a callback the next day. I voiced my concerns about the shipment of my Durango, as it went from ETA delivery of November 29-Dec 5 to ETA of December 29-Jan 3 over the span of 4 weeks. At first she gave me the generic, “well you know the shipping process can take up to 30 days”. I then explained, that it HAS been in the shipping stage for well over 30 days. She paused, took a look at my vehicles order and then said, “wow, it has been over 30 days.” She said she would reach out to the “order status team” and get back to me. Although, I never heard back from her directly; my car was loaded onto a truck to head my way just over 24 hours after speaking with her. I spoke with her on December 14 and my car was delivered to my dealership on December 17. I took delivery yesterday.

I never reached out to a supervisor prior to this. I didn’t want to be THAT customer. As I know the microchip shortage has substantially affected their industry and their LIVELIHOOD. But I could no longer hold my tongue. I was stern, yet professional. I think it worked in my favor.

**Also, 2 little side notes:
- I was slightly (okay not slightly, VERY) bummed at the sound (or lack of) of the exhaust. My husband previously purchased a brand new Challenger RT and more recently a Charger SRT, and said that this is normal. It will get louder as the motor breaks in. I just saw sooooo many you tube review videos of the Durango RT and it sounded amazing. This was truly the deciding factor for me even getting the Durango vs a luxury suv (Lexus or Infiniti). Has anyone had this experience as well?
-The first day of owning the Durango, and something already broke. Although, it is minor; I hope that the overall quality of the Durango doesn’t equate to the instability of the plastic piece of one of the tethers (on 3rd row). Yes, I tried to clip it back in multiple ways. I will post a picture.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Grey

·
Registered
2021 Tow n Go, Granite Met., Red Brembo, Moon Roof. Vitra Grey, Cargo and Tech pkg. NO Blacktop.
111 Posts
Arrived at Deslership at 8:40 this Morning...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
Ordered 12/4 - 2022 RT Plus, TnG, Destroyer Gray > 1/18 Trim Status
14 Posts
Arrived at Deslership at 8:40 this Morning...

View attachment 118841
Very nice!!!! Can you take a pic of the cargo package cross rails then maybe measure how tall they are from the floor? I’m praying to God it can drive into a standard garage without ripping them off 🙏

Thanks a ton!!!

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,401 Posts
It can. Nothing to worry about but if yours is close then you don't have a standard size garage. For example, if you have two horizontal tracks on each side of the garage door then you have low headroom track which means you have a low ceiling in the garage or something else in the way of the door opening.

Reactions: ToeKnee33

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got my vin for 2022 GT plus. Used the chat function and got this.
Thank you for your patience here. Your vehicle is about to enter assembly! All parts have been collected. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest. I am glad I was able to get that update to you, remember, we are available 24/7 for you. Can I assist with anything else for now?

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
815 Posts
A buildsheet finally showed up online. 11 1/2 months in. Now I finally feel like it might actually happen….
Happy for you! That is a crazy long wait.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tow n Go, Granite Met., Red Brembo, Moon Roof. Vitra Grey, Cargo and Tech pkg. NO Blacktop.
111 Posts
Ya I need to talk to dealership, I noticed some vertical tiger striping in all 4 doors, about 12 inches wide. I'm pretty bummed...horrible finish..
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
130 Posts
Finally got an ETA.

I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 01/03/2022 - 01/14/2022

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT AWD Town'NGo
111 Posts
Hey guys, my order just arrived and I did all the paperwork. It was on December 20th but in a different state. I live in Florida, and the car is in Missouri. They posted for delivery, and someone accepted the delivery, since this last Monday (27th), but still waiting for pick up. It seems like it will take forever.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My DDSRT still hasen't gotten to the dealer. It was released from the factory on Dec 9th. Starting to get impatient.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dealer called today "hopefully by the 10th".

I guess I cant argue with 30 days for shipping, but when your waiting on it, it feels like forever.

Edit: If not today then by Wednesday.

1321 - 1340 of 1386 Posts