Dodge Durango Forum banner
1301 - 1320 of 1386 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm glad you're excited. and I by means want to rain on your parade. but I'd be astounded if its only 10-12 weeks. that is the CURRENT lead time, yes. but then you'll have the Christmas Break. and after that, hopefully, they'll start 2022 production.

but they've had a HUGE push to get the 2021's finished before the Christmas Break. and I have not heard where the supply chain issues have been ironed out. so I'm only guessing but I suspect they are drawing down all the parts they can to finish the 2021's. they may very well have to stock parts back up before they can start making 2022's.
I figured. I will try not to get my hopes up to far, but how can you not with such an awesome vehicle.

It didn’t help that my son came home over Thanksgiving sporting a new to him 2017 SRT Grand Cherokee Wow. 40k on the odometer and looked brand new. I almost went the RT route but then I came back down to earth and ordered the GT. I would get way to many tickets with and RT Or SRT. That would be dangerous. Just to easy to romp on it.
I had my hot rod in college with my 73 ford maverick with 302 V8 and my then later with my 06 ram with the Hemi. And yes to many tickets with both. That’s why I will stick with the GT.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
'Houston...The Eagle has landed.'

the Granite 2021 R/T TNG has finally arrived at the dealers lot in Atlanta. should be picking it up monday or tues.

woohoo!

·
Registered
2021 Tow n Go, Granite Met., Red Brembo, Moon Roof. Vitra Grey, Cargo and Tech pkg. NO Blacktop.
111 Posts
Im finally in Paint! Dealership said should have by XMas!!😁🎀🎄🎅. 19 weeks since order.

·
Registered
2021 Tow n Go, Granite Met., Red Brembo, Moon Roof. Vitra Grey, Cargo and Tech pkg. NO Blacktop.
111 Posts
'Houston...The Eagle has landed.'

the Granite 2021 R/T TNG has finally arrived at the dealers lot in Atlanta. should be picking it up monday or tues.

woohoo!
Pics when you get it please!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Woo hoo - moving right along now....Status G: Trim (y)

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
picked up the '21 R/T TNG this morning. have to give a HUGE shout out to Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJR.

I am so beyond crazy happy to be getting a dream Durango at 5% below dealer invoice in this environment AND getting 0% APR financing for 72 months. can't fully put into words how satisfied I am with this so far.

it had only 8 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. I'm just over 50 miles this afternoon after driving it back. so far it is everything I thought it would be. haven't opened it up yet and probably won't until after the 500 mile mark.

it really does bark. you hear the exhaust even cruising. crazy good sound without at all being annoying. brakes are super strong. still getting used to the UConnect5 but seems to be working correctly.

lovin' it!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Durango R/T TnG - Ordered 11/12/21
40 Posts
Ordered my '22 RT Tow N Go about a month ago! Still waiting on a VIN and no idea of when I might expect to see something... But it's ordered, and I'm excited.

Reactions: DDC

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
also, heads up to anyone ordering/thinking of ordering a '22 Durango. I'm told there will be a 2 month factory shut down this spring. not sure if that is March-April or April-May but in that time frame.

I had a long talk with my salesman, Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJR, when I was at the dealership this morning. Mike brought this up. I asked about the new orders going in now and Mike's answer was the early ones will get built before the shut down. figure it takes about 2 - 2.5 months from order to build and anything ordered by December/early January should be good. orders later than that could get caught in the shut down depending on when it actually starts.

Mike said the 2 month shutdown was due to the supply chain problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
also, heads up to anyone ordering/thinking of ordering a '22 Durango. I'm told there will be a 2 month factory shut down this spring. not sure if that is March-April or April-May but in that time frame.
Did he mention anything about available paint colors...

Richard P.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Those wheels look great with that paint!
thank you! I love the bright look wheels with a dark gray Durango. I am super stoked for this to finally be here. the exhaust is the absolute best part. you hear it echo off a building when it first fires up. its awesome.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Did he mention anything about available paint colors...

Richard P.
no, he didn't know anything different about the colors. I got the impression Mike Clinnin is a simply focused salesman. he's not young. and all he does is forum orders. says he's moved 200 cars this year and admits that is double his previous best of any year. says he moved 50 cars in September alone and only took one day off all month, other than Sundays when they are closed.

point being I don't think Mike gets too deep into the why's of what FCA-Stellantis is doing. he's just moving vehicles at 4-5% under dealer invoice.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
815 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
40 Posts
thank you! I love the bright look wheels with a dark gray Durango. I am super stoked for this to finally be here. the exhaust is the absolute best part. you hear it echo off a building when it first fires up. its awesome.
That is a gorgeous color combination. I had something similar with my '15 Charger RT. It was Granite Crystal as well, with hyper black wheels. It seemed too showy at first, but it really grew on me. It looks especially great on that muscular Durango body. Congrats!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, it sounds like the 2022s must be in production! I emailed my salesman to see if he had a VIN for me, since I hadn't heard anything since I placed the order 11/12. He not only had a VIN, but he said it's showing an estimated ship date of 1/7/22! Fantastic news... now I just have to decide if I want to order a CAI or tuner first.

1301 - 1320 of 1386 Posts