Dodge Durango Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1143 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I ordered mine on 10/3 and haven’t heard anything and don’t have a VIN. Really hoping I get it by January, but my hopes are not high.
I do think by January is very possible. very probable even. at some point 2022 production has to start. that is supposed to be 11/24. maybe that gets pushed back. but how far are they really going to hold off?

I think its more likely they have a big push to get the 2021 models finished and out the door.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do think by January is very possible. very probable even. at some point 2022 production has to start. that is supposed to be 11/24. maybe that gets pushed back. but how far are they really going to hold off?

I think its more likely they have a big push to get the 2021 models finished and out the door.
Yes, at some point 2022 production has to start and 2021 has to end. It is anyone’s guess when that happens though how long the line is of 2021s that need to get built first. I suppose we will know when they stop taking 2021 orders.

·
Registered
47 Posts
9 months since order was accepted. VIN and D status at last report. Ordered with 3 season tires, gonna look into a winter wheel setup this week and hope for an early Christmas present……

·
Registered
387 Posts
typo it was ordered 8-24 not 9-24 so the estimated approximate build time 7-8 weeks was accurate with some additional freight time

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is due to arrive sometime between tomorrow and 21st, although yesterday the salesperson said it should be (somewhere I can't remember) in PA by today. I'm in delaware

Now we are gonna have to get to carmax sometime this week to get their offer on the outgoing vehicle, although now it only lasts 7 days

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is due to arrive sometime between tomorrow and 21st, although yesterday the salesperson said it should be (somewhere I can't remember) in PA by today. I'm in delaware

Now we are gonna have to get to carmax sometime this week to get their offer on the outgoing vehicle, although now it only lasts 7 days
Also do Carvanna and Vroom, as they are online and easy. If it is a lease though, Vroom won’t purchase anymore.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Man, I guess I lucked out. Ordered my R/T on 7/29 and picked it up at the dealer on 8/26.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just opened the dodge chat they gave me an update its in shipping expected to arrive 10-29 to 11-11

ordered 8-24 tow n go

Both my build list and window sticker showed up

View attachment 117703
that's awesome. if mine will arrive 4 weeks after yours I'll be way happy. ordered 9/22.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man, I guess I lucked out. Ordered my R/T on 7/29 and picked it up at the dealer on 8/26.
this seems waayyyy fast to me. did you get in on an order the dealer already had in the works?

good for you though either way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both of them were wayyyy under what I was finding on kbb, nada, carmax (need to go in though), and general sale prices for the same model and mileage online
Bummer! Hopefully the Carmax offer is solid. I know KBB has also started doing cash offers , which are better for negotiation vs just the stated values. One thing that I experienced when selling a Tundra, selling to the dealer I bought from made getting refunds on remaining warranties (eg-extended warranties, gap insurance, wear and tear, etc) was very easy and the dealer did all the work. Selling to someone else would have meant me calling the different warranty companies and dealing with them all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bummer! Hopefully the Carmax offer is solid. I know KBB has also started doing cash offers , which are better for negotiation vs just the stated values. One thing that I experienced when selling a Tundra, selling to the dealer I bought from made getting refunds on remaining warranties (eg-extended warranties, gap insurance, wear and tear, etc) was very easy and the dealer did all the work. Selling to someone else would have meant me calling the different warranty companies and dealing with them all.
i hope carmax is good too. or at least if it's better than the dealer's they will at least match the offer so we only have to deal with one entity.

vroom and carvana, im sure, are pricing lower because of convenience. and i'm not sure but i think when we got the gc the warranty was 3-36, so we are out of the timeframe. i didn't even partake in the 3 or 4 free first oil changes when we got it

i would much rather the dealer do all the work since it's already a strung out process between parking at the dealer with the trade-in and leaving with the new vehicle. can't even take kids anymore since they act a fool from boredom

·
Registered
9 Posts
i hope carmax is good too. or at least if it's better than the dealer's they will at least match the offer so we only have to deal with one entity.

vroom and carvana, im sure, are pricing lower because of convenience. and i'm not sure but i think when we got the gc the warranty was 3-36, so we are out of the timeframe. i didn't even partake in the 3 or 4 free first oil changes when we got it

i would much rather the dealer do all the work since it's already a strung out process between parking at the dealer with the trade-in and leaving with the new vehicle. can't even take kids anymore since they act a fool from boredom
Kids and buying cars do not mix. We have had more than one melt down at dealerships. The ease of doing everything with one party for sure has a value! So does my time, but I usually don’t know what that is until I have gone past it. I like a good deal.

In the past two years I have had to trade in/sell 3 cars and each time I got the dealer to either match or out bid Carmax. A lot more success with a Carmax/Vroom/Carvanna offer than knowing the KBB/NADA values in my experience.

1101 - 1120 of 1143 Posts