Dodge Durango Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1143 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tow n Go, Granite Met., Red Brembo, Moon Roof. Vitra Grey, Cargo and Tech pkg. NO Blacktop.
70 Posts
I received a 'welcome email' from Dodge this morning. order placed on 9/22. have VIN and D status as of this point.

Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Dodge! We are excited to welcome you to the Dodge family!

We are working to ensure your vehicle is built and delivered to the highest quality, and arrives to you as soon as possible. Once a delivery date has been established for your new Durango we will reach back out to you.

In preparation for your new driving experience please visit: Official Mopar® Site | Mopar Select Vehicle

Here you can access important information and videos about your new vehicle and register to create your personalized vehicle dashboard.

If you have any questions regarding your order please contact your dealership.

To make things easier and for your reference, here is your Vehicle Identification Number:
I got the same email on 10/05/21 for my order placed on 07/24/21...

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
557 Posts
I get it. Only had mine for a month as of today. Still have that stuff on my desktop lol. The docs seemed to update 9/10 AM PST for me. But yeah just wait till tomorrow. It’ll be there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I get it. Only had mine for a month as of today. Still have that stuff on my desktop lol. The docs seemed to update 9/10 AM PST for me. But yeah just wait till tomorrow. It’ll be there.
that's what i've been doing...i just kept hitting refresh on those web pdf's

i really hope the shipping doesn't get backed up, although it's happening everywhere anyway. im in delaware but i assume there's a train that leaves there that goes to philly or baltimore from the plant

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
557 Posts
that's what i've been doing...i just kept hitting refresh on those web pdf's

i really hope the shipping doesn't get backed up, although it's happening everywhere anyway. im in delaware but i assume there's a train that leaves there that goes to philly or baltimore from the plant
Made it to Vegas to me in 8 days. I'm sure your shipping will be faster.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just received info from the dealer that its in paint

I ordered red interior with the 60/40 bench and was curious how the red bench pattern would look and finally found a picture. The current 2014 has captains chairs with the mini console my kids are older so no need for car seats in the second row that supposedly makes it easier to get to the third row. We use this rig for skiing and if the family of four needs to get picked up with snowboards and skis we can flip the 40 portion down and fit gear and four bodies with no need for the third row. Why is this so important the mess that snowboard boots make will now be contained to just the second row. Also for hauling the 2nd row console was such a pain when loading things and I load a lot of stuff due to work and play. Just some helpful info on the mini console if you have it and are loading things it sits higher than the seats and heavy items can easily damage the leather but it flips forward so that the weight gets distributed on the seats and you don't destroy the leather

Red leather bench

Car Vehicle Seat belt Motor vehicle Car seat cover

2nd row console obstruction

Car Automotive design Vehicle Grey Trunk

2nd row console flipped forward for loading heavy objects

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just received info from the dealer that its in paint

I ordered red interior with the 60/40 bench and was curious how the red bench pattern would look and finally found a picture. The current 2014 has captains chairs with the mini console my kids are older so no need for car seats in the second row that supposedly makes it easier to get to the third row. We use this rig for skiing and if the family of four needs to get picked up with snowboards and skis we can flip the 40 portion down and fit gear and four bodies with no need for the third row. Why is this so important the mes that snowboard boots make will now be contained to just the second row. Also for hauling the mini console was such a pain when loading things and I load a lot of stuff due to work and play. Just some helpful info on the mini console if you have it and are loading things it sits higher than the seats and heavy items can easily damage the leather but it flips forward so that the weight gets distributed on the seats and you don't destroy the leather

Red leather bench

View attachment 117634

Mini console obstruction

View attachment 117635

Mini console flipped forward for loading heavy objects

View attachment 117636
I wanted the center console for storage but the wife maintained that with (eventually) 2 carseats in use it would be impossible for anyone to get in the third row, at least not easily. And my son will be riding in the 3rd row if we ever have a full car with another baby

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
983 Posts
That is correct. That is why we have the captains with mini console. Cambo named his incorrectly. His is the 2nd row console.

Reactions: cambo

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had to search high and low for the captains chairs WITHOUT the console on my first DDRT. I specifically ordered my TnG without the console as well. I wish it was removable, then I would have gotten it. Don't just understand why it isn't. If a minivan can have a middle SEAT that comes out, surely Dodge can figure out how to do that with a console.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had to search high and low for the captains chairs WITHOUT the console on my first DDRT. I specifically ordered my TnG without the console as well. I wish it was removable, then I would have gotten it. Don't just understand why it isn't. If a minivan can have a middle SEAT that comes out, surely Dodge can figure out how to do that with a console.
I'm sure there's a way. The parts aren't going to change that much between trims, it's not cost effective. I'm sure there are some welded and threaded bolts under the console area that accept one or the other

Like my old 94 grand cherokee with full time 4wd. It had a Birdseye of the jeep with tires that lit up green when power was going to them. In other jeep models with 4x2 it would have indicated which wheels were powered. They just put that little display in everything because it's cheaper to use the same parts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm sure there's a way.
Yeah I'm 100% sure the console can come out. But there doesn't seem to be any user friendly way to go back and forth, which is really what I would have wanted. I even had the dealer look to see if the console and floor cup holder trim were interchangeable and they didn't think so. Go figure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah I'm 100% sure the console can come out. But there doesn't seem to be any user friendly way to go back and forth, which is really what I would have wanted. I even had the dealer look to see if the console and floor cup holder trim were interchangeable and they didn't think so. Go figure.
Might I suggest some high strength neodymium magnets? One on the bottom of the console and the other on the sheet metal of the floor

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got the same email on 10/05/21 for my order placed on 07/24/21...
wow. that's a long wait to get that email. I got the same email earlier this week so they must have gone out in batches.

I'm sure the summer plant shutdowns had a lot to do with your wait. I'm hoping the fall crunch to get 2021's done and retool for 2022's will keep the plants up and running for the rest of the year.

that's partially why I pulled the trigger now on an order. that and I found a dealership salesman willing to quote under dealer invoice. once I put those two together, it was Go time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wanted the center console for storage but the wife maintained that with (eventually) 2 carseats in use it would be impossible for anyone to get in the third row, at least not easily. And my son will be riding in the 3rd row if we ever have a full car with another baby
I can confirm car seats make it next to impossible to access third row. my 2011 DD CrewLux that I currently drive has the 2nd row 60/40 bench. we have 4 kids (hence why I LOVE Durangos) ages 16 down to 7. the 7 year old now rides booster but has been carseat for years. we keep her carseat on the 40% part of the 2nd row bench behind the passenger seat. we use the other 60% part to get kids into the 3rd row. if there were 2 car seats that just would not be possible.

in our family the 16 year old is a boy and is man size now. the 3rd child is a 12 year old boy and will be man size in the next couple years. ordering the new TnG with 2nd row Captains Chairs just made more sense for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright fam--I know I just ordered on 9/22/21, but this wait is KILLING me! I received a VON the day I ordered my DD, then I received the VIN the following business day.

I've checked the build sheet and window sticker URL with my associated VIN and I got NOTHINGGGGG.

I know there's a LOT of people that have waited way longer for theirs, so who am I to complain?

I was honestly fine until Mopar sent me the email welcoming me to the Mopar family. I felt like that was a tease, lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright fam--I know I just ordered on 9/22/21, but this wait is KILLING me! I received a VON the day I ordered my DD, then I received the VIN the following business day.

I've checked the build sheet and window sticker URL with my associated VIN and I got NOTHINGGGGG.

I know there's a LOT of people that have waited way longer for theirs, so who am I to complain?

I was honestly fine until Mopar sent me the email welcoming me to the Mopar family. I felt like that was a tease, lol.
Ha, I ordered my DD R/T on 9/13, got my VIN 2 days later and was all excited. I got the same email from Dodge. I texted my sales person and he said mine is in D status but not sure how long it will take from here either.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1081 - 1100 of 1143 Posts