Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I was doing my Brembo upgrades on my 15' RT, I had to do the wheels as well. I've been VERY happy with the OEM Jeep SRT wheels 9173. These are the Y-Spoke and not the Spider Monkeys. I actually liked the "Hyper Black" (a dark silver) OEM color on the stock wheels with the Maximum Steel Metallic body color. I have to say that the PVD Black Chrome finish from the guys at The Wheel Exchange looks awesome. (If you are looking, Jeep 9173 at the Wheel Exchange)

(In case you wanted part numbers, Sanity Check - Brembo Upgrade, Pads, and Wheels)

Here's some side by side with the two (the 20x10s are using the Pirelli run flats that come stock on those wheels as well).

OEM RT (265/50R20)

SRT (295/45ZR20)

265 vs 295 width comparison (diameter is same/ insignificant difference)

"MOAR MEAT!"

Side by side

From the opposite angle to try and get a better idea of finish

Real FCA/MOPAR Wheels (yes, they are forged and better quality than the replicas)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OEM Wheel Stance

New SRT Stance

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Single with the Brembo Behind it - FRONT

Single with the Brembo Behind it - REAR

Outdoors side and stance views

View media item 104791

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@valentinjr, the ride from the $h!T Michelins I had (even with the new ones as runflats) could only get better. It's rides nice, I actually like these Pirelli's (I usually DONT like runflats). Didn't help that I had a blow front strut, which is also replaced now as well.

The mud guards are actually rally armors with the custom install I did here:
I dont like rigid mud guards, as they always seem to break off in the snow or car wash.

The new brembos are great, but I think just adding the braided lines would have helped as well, since the inner tubing is slightly smaller diameter than stock lines, plus not little to no fade due to line expansion. I haven't flogged it yet on any fun roads out by me yet, so I can't really say if the wider tire will have a butt feel of being better or not.

·
Registered
107 Posts
@valentinjr, the ride from the $h!T Michelins I had (even with the new ones as runflats) could only get better. It's rides nice, I actually like these Pirelli's (I usually DONT like runflats). Didn't help that I had a blow front strut, which is also replaced now as well.

The mud guards are actually rally armors with the custom install I did here:
I dont like rigid mud guards, as they always seem to break off in the snow or car wash.

The new brembos are great, but I think just adding the braided lines would have helped as well, since the inner tubing is slightly smaller diameter than stock lines, plus not little to no fade due to line expansion. I haven't flogged it yet on any fun roads out by me yet, so I can't really say if the wider tire will have a butt feel of being better or not.

Lol i went with the "Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+" instead of the runflat pirelli, read up people don't like them and i don't care much for runflat. I've heard nothing but good things on the Premier LTX you were running, what issues did you have with them?

Ahh was not aware of your thread on rallyarmor, i just ordered some zl1addons srt ones....oh well.

Well im definately on the lookout for some used brembos but i may just buy them new if i cant get a good deal. That is the only reason i went with srt wheels is to accommodate the brembos.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Black lug nuts would make them look oh so much better, i have these below....member on here posted them and so far they look great

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those Michelins were GREAT in rain traction, and that's about it. Sidewalls are SUPER soft, so it adds immensely to the body roll of an already heavy vehicle. With the soft sidewall, they gave too much bounce over any bridge gaps, potholes, bumps, etc. They would bounce like an empty trailer to the outside of a turning radius. Horrible tires for ride or grip. Hopefully the Pilots will be better and I've heard nothing but good things about them, so you should be fine.

The chrome lugs actually don't look all to bad. I had 5 black from a JGC that had gotten locking lugs, and I preferred the chrome lugs (well for now, hahah!)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI, I just replaced the OEM Pirelli Run Flats with non-runflat Yokohama Prada Spec-X...

Pros on the P-Zero Pirelli's:
They handled/gripped awesome, little to no sidewall flex, great ride when new
Cons:
Wore like $h1t, even with frequent alignments. Rode like crap half way through wear (which was NOT long), with such stuffness, it would wallow in even the slightest of truck ruts and seams, often trying to yank the wheel back the opposite way, not a very safe tire after half wear left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts