Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a black 2022 Durango RT AWD with Blacktop package yesterday on a whim. Traded in my 2022 Grand Cherokee Overland as i just didnt like it. I got a great deal from my friend who is the GM of the dealership. It has everything EXCEPT the Tow N Go. I knew nothing about that option until i spent alot of time on youtube last night. So am i really missing out if i dont ever plan on towing? I know it has more aggressive growl but does it actually have more get up and go than regular RT? I just dont want to have buyers remorse because i dont have a package that would really make the purchase alot better. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
The Tow-N-Go weighs more than the standard RT and they have the same engine and transmission so....
I do not have that package and while it sounds really cool to have, you need the SRT engine(s) to really exploit that suspension and braking if you are not towing really heavy stuff. Off the top of my head I wanted it but decided I would forget about it after the honeymoon since I do not tow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Tow-N-Go weighs more than the standard RT and they have the same engine and transmission so....
I do not have that package and while it sounds really cool to have, you need the SRT engine(s) to really exploit that suspension and braking if you are not towing really heavy stuff. Off the top of my head I wanted it but decided I would forget about it after the honeymoon since I do not tow.
thanks for the response. I am jealous of the growl for sure with the performance exhaust. I guess i can pretend mine sounds as good. lol. I was researching cold air intake and performance exhaust additions but that can add another 2k before labor and i dont know if it is worth it. i think i just need to relax and be content. I did order red caliper covers for 250 that will make it pop a little more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The general consensus on this site is that for the price charged the package is a bargain....and most folks like having the SRT lite...
thanks. I just dont want to feel like i am missing out...lol. Couldnt afford SRT version. Was going to order the Hemi Orange version which seems to have everything including tow n go for a better price but was worried about how long it would actually take to come in if i ordered now and also figured you would be able to order 2023's by the time mine came in. Just felt it was better to buy this one off the lot. I just had to choose between the 2 he had which were destroyer grey or black. I like them both but the sparkle in the metallic black seemed to suit my tastes better.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,264 Posts
There was a TNG on Carvana for 55K, the first used one I've run across so far. Black with red interior and about 54K miles on it.

Reactions: Kryder

·
Registered
575 Posts
There was a TNG on Carvana for 55K, the first used one I've run across so far. Black with red interior and about 54K miles on it.
54K wow how do you do that in a year

Benefits of the tow n go some you may be able to add

Brembo brakes are amazing and I have already saved myself form some idiot that pulled out from the left lane shoulder as I was going over 70 no blinker just swung out. How great would a video 70 to 0 tow n go vs non R/T

Exhaust just puts a smile on your face my previous R/T had corsa it was worth the $1,000 for a used set and it sounded better than the tow n go

Tow n Go suspension is tied into the whole vehicle so fun doing doughnuts in the snow

The over sized rims and tires give it an amazing style and performance

If you picked up some lightly used items you could do exhaust rims tires and Brembos

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX-L; 2015 Durango Citadel (Hemi AWD)
176 Posts
Just add a nice exhaust to your R/T and you'll get 90% of the smiles you'd get from the TNG. Most people don't feel the Brembos or limited slip diff on their daily drives.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
54K wow how do you do that in a year

Benefits of the tow n go some you may be able to add

Brembo brakes are amazing and I have already saved myself form some idiot that pulled out from the left lane shoulder as I was going over 70 no blinker just swung out. How great would a video 70 to 0 tow n go vs non R/T

Exhaust just puts a smile on your face my previous R/T had corsa it was worth the $1,000 for a used set and it sounded better than the tow n go

Tow n Go suspension is tied into the whole vehicle so fun doing doughnuts in the snow

The over sized rims and tires give it an amazing style and performance

If you picked up some lightly used items you could do exhaust rims tires and Brembos
thanks. do you mean adding 22's? wont those make it worse in snow? i live in PA and we get some nice storms. my wife might shoot me if i spend 1500 on wheels when these have 27 miles on them. haha. i saw the performance exhaust can be purchased on mopar site for 1500 without installation obviously. i would have to pay shop since i am not car savvy. I just wanted a little more growl and to unlock some of the 5.7. I know alot up people get "tuners" to amp up horsepower and acceleration. I have heard both sides of the argument an whether cold air intake systems actually increase horsepower enough to justify 500 cost. dropping 60k for me was alot and i was naive and hopeful that it meant i could get away without after market upgrades. If i had never heard of the tow n go package life would be good for me. damn youtube....lol

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX-L; 2015 Durango Citadel (Hemi AWD)
176 Posts
thanks brother. so looking at about 1500 from what i researched (plus labor)?
I dream of throwing a Borla on my 5.7, but yeah, install isn't too expensive for exhausts.

As for the rims, try to talk the Mrs. into a second set with snow tires on for winter. For safety, obviously! They may just happen to be nice aftermarket wheels that become your summer wheels. 😉

My opinion only: don't waste your time or money chasing performance gains. You can't throw an intake on a stock car and make any meaningful horsepower gains. That worked 25 years ago but just doesn't today....factory tunes are just too good due to stricter emissions rules and better engineered motors. More power means forced induction which is expensive and really needs a Dyno tune for max effectiveness. All the other goodies (intakes, exhaust, headers, etc) are just supporting mods really. But the exhaust at least sounds fantastic every day.

·
Registered
2022 Dodge Durango R/T Plus Tow ‘N Go with Blacktop Package
13 Posts
I just bought a black 2022 Durango RT AWD with Blacktop package yesterday on a whim. Traded in my 2022 Grand Cherokee Overland as i just didnt like it. I got a great deal from my friend who is the GM of the dealership. It has everything EXCEPT the Tow N Go. I knew nothing about that option until i spent alot of time on youtube last night. So am i really missing out if i dont ever plan on towing? I know it has more aggressive growl but does it actually have more get up and go than regular RT? I just dont want to have buyers remorse because i dont have a package that would really make the purchase alot better. Any feedback is appreciated.
I specifically bought my 2022 black Durango R/T Plus TNG with Blacktop package for the increased towing capability, but I must say that I am truly enjoying the sporty feel of the suspension and the growl of the Hemi. However, I suspect that the acceleration and speed is very similar to that of the regular R/T.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You may not miss what you don't have.... As for me, I'm still flying high with the Tow N Go pkg on my 22... can't imagine the DD without it... I know it's no real performance bump from the normal R/T... But the exhaust, drive modes, body molding, rims, brakes, suspension... it sort of is the SRT 'lite'...

On the other hand... I'm fine with my exhaust with the TnG and wouldn't consider changing it now, part of the reason I paid up for it.... But for you there is nothing holding you back to experiment with exhaust or other items that I already paid extra for from base....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You may not miss what you don't have.... As for me, I'm still flying high with the Tow N Go pkg on my 22... can't imagine the DD without it... I know it's no real performance bump from the normal R/T... But the exhaust, drive modes, body molding, rims, brakes, suspension... it sort of is the SRT 'lite'...

On the other hand... I'm fine with my exhaust with the TnG and wouldn't consider changing it now, part of the reason I paid up for it.... But for you there is nothing holding you back to experiment with exhaust or other items that I already paid extra for from base....
I think you are right. If i knew upfront about what the Tow n Go added i would have searched around but i dont see any on the lots in central PA and i wasnt sure ordering now and waiting 12 weeks was smart cause then the order banks for 2023’s would be open for sure. So i decided to take this one Thats fell in my lap for 63k. I guess i was hoping that i would like it enough with what it had, which i did, until i went on you tube and saw everyone raving about the TNG package. Now i see that i would most likely have to pay at least 1500 for performance exhaust plus labor. I dont know if that’s prudent or not.

·
Registered
297 Posts
What do you mean when you say take some weight out of the truck? Are those lighter by nature than what is already on the rt?
Yes sir, you lose that big hulking suitcase muffler right after the cats. If you go to Borla's website you can view their exhaust options for the DD. CORSA is also a good system. I am just partial to BORLA. Both Borla and CORSA have made the MOPAR Performance exhausts and BORLA makes the current system that is listed in the new Direct Connection Catalog. If you have a good sharp dealer you may be able to get a good deal on the MOPAR version.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
awesome. i am heading to the dealership tomorrow to pick up slush mats and i will ask them. I know they give me 15% off accessories. Is the S-type Borla the middle one for loudness? It looks like touring is least aggressive and then the ATAK will wake the neighbors. I want to have more aggressive sound but not too crazy especially since i dont have the 392. So would you say touring or S-type is more in line with what i am looking for? Thanks for the help BTW brother!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts