Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife usually used my 05 durango 5.7 hemi as a daily driver and one day she got in to take the kids to school. It was hard starting but it did start and when she went to drive the pedal didn't respond at all. We got a code to replace the crankshaft sensor which I did. Still nothing so I went ahead and put a new throttle body on it. Still nothing. I even replaced the pcm and still nothing at all. I am lost because I have nothing else to search for because it's still saying the crankshaft senor needs replaced. Please help!! I want my hemi back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm kind of a dumbass when it comes to these things but I have 2 guys that are really good with these type of things and even they have no idea what it could be anymore.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I honestly don't know what oem means. I bought the only sensor autozone had available

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The engine was previously rebuilt and the guy I bought it from said he replaced all the sensors so as far as I knew they were all brand new. I've been wrecking my brain on this for the past 2 months.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do anybody have any good dealers in mind for the sensor that doesn't want an arm and a leg for them? Father of 4 kids so I try to save money wherever I can.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No I have not had the battery tested I just figured since it starts the battery was probably good. I am really new to all of this so basically a weekend mechanic in training. What should the battery be reading?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks alot for the insight guys. I pulled the battery im gonna go get it tested tomorrow. Will update then. Thanks for all of the help its greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The motor was just rebuilt about 6 months ago and I don't have but maybe 10k miles on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So my local parts store O reily told me it would be about 90 mins to check the battery because it has to charge it up. I just pulled it out of the lovely durango yesterday night. Does this sound about right or is that a way to tell the battery wasn't doing what it was supposed to?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So the battery is good to go says oreiley. I'm going to put it back in the truck and see what happens so I will update this then. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So the idle between normal and 1500 rpms (2000rps when the gas pedal is pushed) is still happening. Anybody have any clues or should I just start from scratch to make sure my work is done properly before I go replacing sensors again?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No I have not checked the plugs myself. I will check them this weekend and the guy told me he got all the sensors from oreily so I just have no clue on where to even go next with this thing. The wife wants to get rid of it but it only has 141000 miles on it so it has alot of life left so im not really wanting to get rid of it and with me being the only one working with four kids under 10 years old I don't have the funds to take it to a dealership for them to dick me around. Lost and confused on this thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I appreciate the input and will definitely put it into consideration. I'm going to replace the sensor again tomorrow and hopfully that will solve my problem. I just can't help but think its the most simple thing and I'm overlooking it to try and find a deeper problem that doesn't exist. Thanks alot guys will update probably tomorrow night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts