Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife usually used my 05 durango 5.7 hemi as a daily driver and one day she got in to take the kids to school. It was hard starting but it did start and when she went to drive the pedal didn't respond at all. We got a code to replace the crankshaft sensor which I did. Still nothing so I went ahead and put a new throttle body on it. Still nothing. I even replaced the pcm and still nothing at all. I am lost because I have nothing else to search for because it's still saying the crankshaft senor needs replaced. Please help!! I want my hemi back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm kind of a dumbass when it comes to these things but I have 2 guys that are really good with these type of things and even they have no idea what it could be anymore.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,167 Posts
Did you use an OEM sensor? That is the only one recommended here. OEM for all sensors.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,167 Posts
OEM is original equipment manufacturer which is Dodge.

Reactions: Don Fox and amelnik

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes, that's what is called a limp mode. Need to get a known working sensor to make sure. If you know someone with same engine you can borrow to test.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The engine was previously rebuilt and the guy I bought it from said he replaced all the sensors so as far as I knew they were all brand new. I've been wrecking my brain on this for the past 2 months.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,167 Posts
They were probably all aftermarket sensors so you might have them all begin failing at random times. No one seems to have good success with aftermarket sensors.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do anybody have any good dealers in mind for the sensor that doesn't want an arm and a leg for them? Father of 4 kids so I try to save money wherever I can.
The OEM sensors usually last a very long time. I would see what is available at local pick and pull yard. You may be able to get a used working one for a few $. Just make sure it's OEM one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,167 Posts
Your local Dodge dealer or themoparpartsstore.com.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts