Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Citadel 5.7L Towing Package
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a thing but, looking to trade someone for a black vented hood. I'll pay cash on top if needed.

Note: My hood unfortunately has a bit of the aluminum corrosion.

Located in NJ/DE

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
735 Posts
Why do you think someone would trade for a used, corroded hood? Just go buy one.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I can see why you would want a vented hood, but I cannot imagine putting a solid hood on a truck that didn't start with one. That's a LOT of cooling to be eliminating, as the vents on the Durango hood are very real, and let out a LOT of heat from that HEMI. So what you are asking somebody to do is screw up their truck. If you don't want to buy a new one, maybe you can find one in decent shape at a junkyard?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can see why you would want a vented hood, but I cannot imagine putting a solid hood on a truck that didn't start with one. That's a LOT of cooling to be eliminating, as the vents on the Durango hood are very real, and let out a LOT of heat from that HEMI. So what you are asking somebody to do is screw up their truck. If you don't want to buy a new one, maybe you can find one in decent shape at a junkyard?
Why do you think someone would trade for a used, corroded hood? Just go buy one.
this was a shot in the dark to see if i could score a deal from someone with a v6 wants their heat faster in the winter? Lease trade-in? never know what you'll find on the internet...i guess this post put me into that category :confused:

Thanks for your input. Already waiting on quotes back from other sources.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,056 Posts
this was a shot in the dark to see if i could score a deal from someone with a v6 wants their heat faster in the winter? Lease trade-in? never know what you'll find on the internet...i guess this post put me into that category :confused:

Thanks for your input. Already waiting on quotes back from other sources.
Stupid is as stupid does… right Forest?

·
Registered
388 Posts
While we're at it, anyone want to trade their Hellcat for my V6 Limited? Maybe someone out there wants better gas mileage...

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

Reactions: BEP and va-terps4

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
While we're at it, anyone want to trade their Hellcat for my V6 Limited? Maybe someone out there wants better gas mileage...

I will trade you my HEMI only if your Durango is Destroyer Gray and has a flat hood with aluminum oxidation.
I feel a collective trade is about to happen.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I will trade you my HEMI only if your Durango is Destroyer Gray and has a flat hood with aluminum oxidation.
I feel a collective trade is about to happen.
Damn it, mine is black!! And it's an Arizona car, no rust! So close!

Reactions: Vice-White

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
357 Posts
Vultures......lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
This group is pretty funny but, brutal at the same time lol
Yeah we're a bunch of a-holes that's for sure. Glad to see you have a sense of humor! You'll need it here.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah, I don't need any help being an a-hole either.......I got it heavily covered all on my own. Just ask my wife.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Its all fun and in fact, I have found this forum is a much more helpful and down to earth then most I belong to. Forget about musical instrument forums. Now that is brutal stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah we're a bunch of a-holes that's for sure. Glad to see you have a sense of humor! You'll need it here.

Thanks. I'll have some useful information to share on the forum in the future but for now, I'm looking for a hood lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks. I'll have some useful information to share on the forum in the future but for now, I'm looking for a hood lol
You'd better come with something useful next time bro........if you know what's good for you. LMAO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts