Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R/T Blacked out Pearl
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geezus!! I can't believe how much they've jumped in price in just over a year!! Cheapest I can find them is $630 each at Mopar Parts Canada online. A buddy says there must be a compressor that controls them....is that true?? Mine just starting bouncing wildly out of the blue, making me think it might be a broken compressor since the shocks didn't seem to slowly deteriorate like I've experienced with other vehicles. Any thoughts?? TIA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
135 Posts
So the fact that they've started bouncing simply means they'e worn out I guess? Dammit!!! Wasn't in the mood to shell out nearly $2K for rear shocks, but I guess that's my only option.....:(:mad:
Well, if you don’t tow, you can swap them out for regular rear shocks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I do regularly tow a 20' boat with a total weight around 4K pounds......

·
Registered
72 Posts
Would you happen to know the interchangeable part number?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are fully hydraulic/mechanical..

OK, so after exhaustive research I found the best prices at RockAuto com who quoted me in Canadian funds and included all taxes, duty, and shipping fees for a grand total of $1207.53 Canadian, FedEx'd to my door in a week.
That is for the OEM part # 68087613AJ, quoted by Dodge.
It is cheaper again if I buy Sachs 444 239, but I'm hesitant without being sure they are fully compatible?
I believe Sachs has the patent for Nivomat shocks, so are the Mopar "OEM" parts just repackaged Sachs shocks with a markup??
Geezuz I hate getting swindled!!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CarID shows the 444 239 fitting 2011-2013 Durangos.

So that's that's where my skepticism comes from.....so many conflicting opinions!!
So their site says "fits 2012 Durango WITHOUT Sports Suspension but WITH Load Levelling Suspension" 🙄🤔
So due to the fact mine is an R/T I think it has the Sports Suspension, but I can't get a definite answer even from Mopar Dealerships!!
I hate to spend $428 extra if I don't have to, but I also don't wanna get screwed for a 20% restocking fee if they're the wrong type. 😱
Anyone have any experience actually installing these Sachs shocks??

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Seeing as how Mopar has two different Nivomats...one for Sport Suspension and one for Normal suspension...there's either a difference in length or valving between the two parts.

Unless there's a stamping on the Mopar shock that correlates to a Sachs number it seems you're stuck with the Mopar part.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, guess I'll bite the bullet and buy the Mopars. :cry::cry:

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Stainless Works 3" Exhaust, cat deleted
719 Posts
OK, so after exhaustive research I found the best prices at RockAuto com who quoted me in Canadian funds and included all taxes, duty, and shipping fees for a grand total of $1207.53 Canadian, FedEx'd to my door in a week.
That is for the OEM part # 68087613AJ, quoted by Dodge.
It is cheaper again if I buy Sachs 444 239, but I'm hesitant without being sure they are fully compatible?
I believe Sachs has the patent for Nivomat shocks, so are the Mopar "OEM" parts just repackaged Sachs shocks with a markup??
Geezuz I hate getting swindled!!
The answer is yes. Heres a pic of the factory shock label.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The answer is yes. Heres a pic of the factory shock label.
Is there a Sachs part number on that label? Remember Mopar has different part #s for Normal and Sport suspension load levelers. The Sachs 444239 indicates it's for Normal suspension. Should be equivalent to the Mopar 68406603AA

Reactions: cyber

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I didn't want to take any chances, so I bought the Mopar 68087613AJ that it calls for....if they get here and they have the Sachs 444 239 label on them I'll be PISSED, but as of now I have peace of mind that I DEFINITELY got the right ones! 🙄🙄

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I didn't want to take any chances, so I bought the Mopar 68087613AJ that it calls for....if they get here and they have the Sachs 444 239 label on them I'll be PISSED, but as of now I have peace of mind that I DEFINITELY got the right ones! 🙄🙄
I'm wondering, do these shocks come as a unit with the upper bushing? I have been trying to find this information out, but have had no luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll let you know when mine come in, but I believe they're a separate item....but don't quote me on that! Lol
I see a separate listing for part # 5168143AA / shock bumpers.

·
Registered
305 Posts
These came in my 2014 dodge durango R/T with tow package it seems like something has failed in the valving they feel very harsh and the back end seems to be higher than normal if I stand on the bumper and bounce I can only get the bumper to move by about an 1 1/2 ". When they fail could this be the result that they stay in the higher stroke of the shock

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like its a lower price at this site I'm not sure if the Canadian shipping / export is the major part of the expense on what you ordered ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like its a lower price at this site I'm not sure if the Canadian shipping / export is the major part of the expense on what you ordered ? View attachment 111575
Exactly! That $346 is in U.S. funds....by the time I do the conversion, add on shipping and import fees, it comes to more than what I paid.
I ended up getting mine through RockAuto.com and with all fees included saved about $280.
If you're looking to buy them I don't think you'll find them lower anywhere than RockAuto.com 😀😁

1 - 20 of 27 Posts