Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I recently purchased a 2020 GT+ AWD after beginning the day not even considering a Durano! We took a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 home from a dealership for a final test run and go through to confirm that we wanted it. We decided there were a few creature comforts missing, so we elected to go an test drive a couple other vehicles (still not considering a Durango at this point haha). We were on our way to the Chevy dealership nearby and stopped in the wrong parking lot by mistake, when my wife asked "What about Dodge?" It was at this point we said, why not, and went to look at and test drive a Durango GT. I immediately fell in love with the features and customizability of the dash and center infotainment suite. Unfortunately getting a V8 with the same creature comforts was a little out of our price range, which is why we went with the GT+. We aim

I am excited to be a part of this forum! I have done extensive work on my Nissan 370z (supercharger, headers, exhaust, fuel system, etc.). I am looking forward to solving any issues that may come up with our Durango (outside of the warranty) and sharing knowledge about that.

I will be researching in the coming days the things that I should change about the car immediately (headlights it seems might need to be my first mod haha) and would love any input in this regard from people who did mods and wished they had done them sooner.Since there was about a 4 hour turnaround from not considering the Durango to purchase, I didn't do all of the research that I would normally do prior to a vehicle purchase. I am very mechanically inclined and would likely accomplish any work short of voiding the warranty.

Thank you all and I am excited to be a part of this community!

-Brett

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome Turtle and nice story how you ended up with a Durango. I am a newbie too...because the wife got her new ride.
When we were car shopping looking at what interested her she insisted she wanted black wheels. Well. A great deal seemed to come along...however it has the grey granite wheels. Ended up buying it and now we are installing black wheels with 295/45 20s like everyone else seems to be doing....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only ones around here all have the Blacktop package (the 20" black wheels and other things). The virus going around has stalled our efforts to get into our new Durango, so I got on to do some more research. It looks like now we may be getting an R/T trim AWD model, since the deal we originally made with the dealership might have not been the best deal we could have made. The search continues and hopefully we can get into a Durango once the virus has run it's course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts