Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner here… recently picked up a slightly used 2018 DDSRT and I’ve enjoyed getting a lay of the land from all the posts on the forum.

Couple new owner questions… the oil filter location is by far the least convenient of all the vehicles I’ve owned. Any tips to avoid drenching the front swaybar and crossmember ever
change?

Also, what hitch receiver are people running? Def don’t need a drop hitch with the current spring / Bilstein package.

Can’t stop smiling every cold start… neighbors stopped talking to me for some reason though!

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts
New owner here… recently picked up a slightly used 2018 DDSRT and I’ve enjoyed getting a lay of the land from all the posts on the forum.

Couple new owner questions… the oil filter location is by far the least convenient of all the vehicles I’ve owned. Any tips to avoid drenching the front swaybar and crossmember ever
change?

Also, what hitch receiver are people running? Def don’t need a drop hitch with the current spring / Bilstein package.

Can’t stop smiling every cold start… neighbors stopped talking to me for some reason though!

View attachment 117116
View attachment 117118
View attachment 117117
Very nice. Looks like you have a hitch to me.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
105 Posts
If the previous owner didn't torque down the oil filter to more than hand tight, you'll be able to remove it with a cap type wrench. Loosen it and let the oil drain down the ramp (if it's still there). No mess with oil all over everything.

And agreed with Tony H, looks like you already have a hitch. Are you asking about the type of ball mount?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely no ramp below the oil filter. Will have to look into finding a replacement.

Had to flip a 2” drop receiver upside down to get the trailer mounted up this trip, but the ball is way too high. Do people use pretty much a straight receiver?

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
887 Posts
Use whatever you have to. There are plenty of straight receivers to choose from but your perfect height might be the 2" rise. If not then get a straight one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The best one that I have found was at tractor supply it is solid cast and it has a capacity of 16000 lbs. I think it was about 50.00

·
Registered
33 Posts

change?

View attachment 117116
View attachment 117118
View attachment 117117
Just found the receipt. I bought it at Home Depot 52.00

change?

View attachment 117116
View attachment 117118
View attachment 117117
When I change the oil in my SRT392 I place a sheet of pig mat under the filter and remove it. Have a little hanging down toward the oil change pan.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts
Definitely no ramp below the oil filter. Will have to look into finding a replacement.

Had to flip a 2” drop receiver upside down to get the trailer mounted up this trip, but the ball is way too high. Do people use pretty much a straight receiver?
Oh, you mean draw bar. I use a 2” drop or rise depending on what I’m towing. I keep both of these in the cargo box.
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Font

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
89 Posts
Try using a gallon size ziplock bag, wrapped around the filter, and the drain gutter, before removing the filter. This way the oil, along with the filter will drain into the bag instead of all down your arm.

Reactions: Snowman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the oil change tips. Looking forward to giving them a try next go round...

Ended up getting a pair of Curt Class IV 2" drop / 1" lift bars so I can go Tony H style and have some options in the cargo box.

Just threw on a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS06+ yesterday and man... it's a whole new truck! For those of you with the tow package / spare, the single best modification you can make is ditching the run flats.

FYI... Michelin discontinued the Pilot Sport 3+ in our size and still hasn't released the 4s, so the Contis are the only "premium" game in town.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks everyone for the oil change tips. Looking forward to giving them a try next go round...

Ended up getting a pair of Curt Class IV 2" drop / 1" lift bars so I can go Tony H style and have some options in the cargo box.

Just threw on a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS06+ yesterday and man... it's a whole new truck! For those of you with the tow package / spare, the single best modification you can make is ditching the run flats.

FYI... Michelin discontinued the Pilot Sport 3+ in our size and still hasn't released the 4s, so the Contis are the only "premium" game in town.
1. Gosh you just replaced the tires ona brand new car? You must be ‘crazy rich asian’ kinda rich. I hate 3seasons on the DDHell and even the upgrades Perellis I ordered on the Trackhawk but I’m burning them off for sure first before tire splurging. And yes tires are my fav mod.
2. There is a ps4 that fits our oil tankers, its just got an additional SUV designation . You can find them on tirerack.

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
283 Posts
...There is a ps4 that fits our oil tankers, its just got an additional SUV designation . You can find them on tirerack.
Can't find Michelin 295/45R20 PS4's on Tirerack or Michelin sites. Link?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can't find Michelin 295/45R20 PS4's on Tirerack or Michelin sites. Link?
My tire shop called Michelin and confirmed that the PS3 was discontinued and the PS4 is not currently available in our size.

Pretty much everything is back ordered indefinitely right now… they had to ship my Contis from a shop in Ohio that had them in inventory.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My tire shop called Michelin and confirmed that the PS3 was discontinued and the PS4 is not currently available in our size.

Pretty much everything is back ordered indefinitely right now… they had to ship my Contis from a shop in Ohio that had them in inventory.
I guess your tireshop isnt tirerack, lol because as of yesterday and today, there is enough of those from my link to do an entire car :) (4). But again, its all about what you want/like. I have always loved Michellins but Contis might be the shit, but I have never tried them (or any other tire I had to pay for) because I worry if I buy them and dont like them, I have about 12-15k miles of driving before I get to switch back to what I do like. So I stick with Michellins as a safe bet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts