Dodge Durango Forum banner

New Aspen!!

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  FSTDANGO3 
#1 ·
Looks like I'll have to blow the dust off of this forum and announce my wifes new Aspen. We picked it up last Saturday (8/25.) Its a 2007 Steel Blue Limited (their all Limited :? ) Cream (?) interior with 5.7, 28J, Sun roof, remote start, rear DVD ent., Trailer Tow and UConnect. I thinks that's it. :shock: With all the doo-dads this thing has and for my wifes piece of mind we bit the hook and went with the MaxCare Lifetime Warranty (5007 items covered.) This is undoubtedly the nicest rig we've ever owned. There are so many things this thing does we actually had to read the owners manual. The kids (3, 6 and 12) absolutely love it. They've been in an 01 Intrepid ES and it was starting to get competative in there. The two boys (3 and 6) share the center row and my daughter gets the third row to herself. Only thing is that I need another set of headphones for the DVD. Anyone know how to go about this? On the flip side the DVD sounds theater like when played through the radio. The city mileage is really sucking at the moment at around 10-11 mpg (only about 650 miles so far on the clock.) I managed to pry the keys from my wife today and took it to work as I drive all over Houston. I did manage to get the overhead to 21.1 mpg (60-65) before I started the "break in" procedures. Still hovering around 19.3. This truck has real good power (more so than my 99 D.) Sounds sweet under full throttle even with the all of the mufflers on it. The only issue so far it that when going in reverse, when my wife drives, the thing will pop out of reverse. It hasn't happened to me yet and I'm trying to be as "unconcious" as possible when putting into gear to see if I can get it to repeat. So far no luck. When our plates come in I'll try to get the dealer to put it on a rack and tighten the linkage if possible. For those interested it appears that the torque converter will lock up in 4th at 35 mph. In drive it'll lock up at 45 mph. I use this for mileage purposes. Any opportunity to remove slippage from the tranny should give a little bit better mileage. I did this with my 99 D. Anyway, that's all for now. Any pointers would be appreciated from any Aspen owners or Gen II D owners (they're the same right?) and of course all of the other fine folks here.

See less See more
#5 ·
Congrats on the new Ride Now lets see th eThang
Steve
DOC Pres

#6 ·
Good deal. If I were to replace the D I'd probably go with the Aspen. It's not happening soon since I just got the Charger.

#7 ·
Cmon Gary make it a 4x Hemi!
Steve
DOC Pres

#8 ·
If (and that's a big IF) I bought an Aspen the D would have to be traded or sold so that would still only leave me 3. The only way I'd make it 4 is if I have the ability to get a new Challenger. I don't see that happening at this point because the guy that won the Mega Millions here in MD wasn't a relative.

#10 ·
Maybe John could lend you the Money Gary, I think he has a tree in his back yard that's always Blooming! or Maybe he was in MD recently
Steve
DOC Pres

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.