Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha FZ1, Honda Shadow, etc
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a bit preemptive signin up here, I don’t currently own a durango but it is a lead contender for my next purchase. Not gonna blow the dough for the new hellcat(though would be fun), but considering a slightly used(possibly new if the deals right) Durango SRT. Would have been ready to purchase by now, but due to corona been on 25% pay cut since March so that’s kinda hindered things a good bit. So in the meantime figured I’d at least say hi instead of just lurking and reading. Guess it gives me extra time to finalize my choice of purchase.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Maybe a bit preemptive signin up here, I don’t currently own a durango but it is a lead contender for my next purchase. Not gonna blow the dough for the new hellcat(though would be fun), but considering a slightly used(possibly new if the deals right) Durango SRT. Would have been ready to purchase by now, but due to corona been on 25% pay cut since March so that’s kinda hindered things a good bit. So in the meantime figured I’d at least say hi instead of just lurking and reading. Guess it gives me extra time to finalize my choice of purchase.
Hey man. Welcome aboard. There’s a ton of knowledgeable folks on this forum who are always ready and willing to answer all things Durango. If you choose the Durango SRT as your next buy, you won't be disappointed. They are exactly as advertised.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey man. Welcome aboard. There’s a ton of knowledgeable folks on this forum who are always ready and willing to answer all things Durango. If you choose the Durango SRT as your next buy, you won't be disappointed. They are exactly as advertised.
Thanks, I’ve been browsing on here for awhile picking up bits of info here and there. Currently between either the Durango SRT or a Yukon/Tahoe(with the 6.2 engine). Will be replacing my old truck so means it’ll also inherit the duty of towing my small toy hauler couple times a year, so that’s main reason for the SRT, the 8700lb tow cap on it with the tow package. Plus just fun with that 392 hemi

·
Registered
285 Posts
No disrespect intended to the Yukon/Tahoe but the Durango SRT is a big, fast, squat, broad-shouldered, loud, muscular-looking, seven seated...hot rod!

Depending on what you're looking for, I don't see the Yukon/Tahoe in that light, despite the changes made to them. You mentioned towing? Check that box, too. ☝😎

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No disrespect intended to the Yukon/Tahoe but the Durango SRT is a big, fast, squat, broad-shouldered, loud, muscular-looking, seven seated...hot rod!

Depending on what you're looking for, I don't see the Yukon/Tahoe in that light, despite the changes made to them. You mentioned towing? Check that box, too. ☝😎
Yea that’s already my thoughts on it in a way. The Yukon/Tahoe is the more “practical” and “civil” approach. Gets a little bit better gas mileage. Can find good used ones for cheaper than a used Durango SRT. And easier to find them for sale nearby(I don’t mind a trip for the right vehicle, but closer is still a plus). So from a practical standpoint it makes sense to go that way. But the Durango SRT is, well, an SRT with a loud, fun muscle car hemi. It’s quick and a bit impractical sometimes. I’ve got the muscle car V8 vibe in my garage already, so this is suppose to be a bit more practical option. But I’d say the Durango is still in the lead for being almost as practical but a lot more fun at the same time.

·
Registered
2013 Charger SuperBee 392, 2018 DD R/T Blacktop Edition
34 Posts
Just totaled my Durango about a month ago. I guess you could say im between Durangos lol. I only had it for 4 months and I loved it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pics, Mo. Hope everyone's okay from that mishap.
Everyone was good thanks. The car did its job and we will forever be Mopar supporters. Eternally grateful to Dodge, it could have been worse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone was good thanks. The car did its job and we will forever be Mopar supporters. Eternally grateful to Dodge, it could have been worse.
Glad everyone’s alright there. Sucks when you’re just getting attached to your new ride and then ya lose it. Well sucks anytime you lose a ride but you barely got to even enjoy it. At least it did it’s job protecting you though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad everyone’s alright there. Sucks when you’re just getting attached to your new ride and then ya lose it. Well sucks anytime you lose a ride but you barely got to even enjoy it. At least it did it’s job protecting you though.
Yeah definitely a setback but we are healthy. Thanks for the support. We are going this weekend to check out a 2019 R/T. More than likely gonna pull the trigger lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts