Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
489 Posts
Did this happen after you had your oil pan seal replaced or that has not been done yet? IIRC to get to the pan required a lot of disassembly (suspension, front axle...ect) and if the mechanic disconnected the front drive shaft, suspension components they could have either not torqued something down or did not use new bolts that come with thread lock compound. So if the oil pan seal was replaced you need to contact the mechanic that worked on your durango about this new problem.

BTW was the durango still shaking when you came to a stop or only when it was moving? If stopped then it is most likely engine related and seeing that you had an oil seal issue I hope it wasn't related to lack of lubrication.

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
489 Posts
I wanted to get back to you today! My mechanic messaged me and sent me a picture of an invoice from the dealership that worked on my truck 15 mins before this happened yesterday. This caused the issue and it is being fixed as we speak.
Thanks for your reply!
Not seeing the invoice, what was the cause?

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
489 Posts
I tried to include the photo of the invoice sucked into the intake area? They left the actual invoice in my engine area and it shut it all down causing the issue. I think intake is proper term. It's not allowing me to include photo right now...???
Oh the actual invoice paperwork was sucked into the intake?! Geezs that would be a very stupid mistake by the mechanic.

If it got sucked into the air box (before the air filter) it would have just choked off the engine for air. If it actually got sucked into the intake (after the filter) then it could have just blocked the throttle body or worse made it into one of the cylinders where it could have caused damage to the engine, not to mention clogged the catalytic converters.

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
489 Posts
There was a member on the challenger forum that was cleaning his throttle body and intake with rags on his scat. It was late at night and apparently he forgot he left a rag in the intake...started it up and next thing he knew the motor was ruined. IIRC he bent a rod...that was one expensive mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts