Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
508 Posts
Go to google and find the tire size calculator. Put in the size of your stock tires and wheels then find out what aspect ratio you will need for the tires on the 22" wheels. For instance, I put 305/35-20's on my Super Stock that came with 315/40-18's stock. The 305/35-20's put my speedo off by 1.2 miles per hour at 60 MPH.

· Registered
2019 Durango R/T 61k miles
11 Posts
The manufacturer is not the all knowing deity to live and die by. They have their reasons for cutting costs also and to save where they can.

Tirerack.com can show you optional sizes. In 22's the popular tire size is 285/40r22 on at least a 22x10in, some go a little wider in tire also. I don't know the offset though so you will have to do some research on that somewhere around +35.

I think it's the perfect size in my opinion and wouldn't hesitate if I had the opportunity. Even looks better lowered too with that setup.

There are pros and cons to it. It's not all about "the manufacturer didn't do it so you shouldn't" BS. It's more about what your perceived sacrifice and if your very sensitive to changes, harsher ride for the shorter sidewall or fuel mileage for heavier wheels. Some don't notice, don't care or care more about the looks which is okay too.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The manufacturer is not the all knowing deity to live and die by. They have their reasons for cutting costs also and to save where they can.

Tirerack.com can show you optional sizes. In 22's the popular tire size is 285/40r22 on at least a 22x10in, some go a little wider in tire also. I don't know the offset though so you will have to do some research on that somewhere around +35.

I think it's the perfect size in my opinion and wouldn't hesitate if I had the opportunity. Even looks better lowered too with that setup.

There are pros and cons to it. It's not all about "the manufacturer didn't do it so you shouldn't" BS. It's more about what your perceived sacrifice and if your very sensitive to changes, harsher ride for the shorter sidewall or fuel mileage for heavier wheels. Some don't notice, don't care or care more about the looks which is okay

There are pros and cons to it. It's not all about "the manufacturer didn't do it so you shouldn't" BS. It's more about what your perceived sacrifice and if your very sensitive to changes, harsher ride for the shorter sidewall or fuel mileage for heavier wheels. Some don't notice, don't care or care more about the looks which is okay too.
Thanks a lot for your time and your suggestion, I will definitely check it out

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to google and find the tire size calculator. Put in the size of your stock tires and wheels then find out what aspect ratio you will need for the tires on the 22" wheels. For instance, I put 305/35-20's on my Super Stock that came with 315/40-18's stock. The 305/35-20's put my speedo off by 1.2 miles per hour at 60 MPH.
Thanks a lot for your help, I will try to find the aspect ratio and size by using the way you guide me

· Registered
2021 SXT Plus Granite Crystal with Black-top
81 Posts
I agree with firechicken… customizing your ride is a great way to make it your own. As long as you understand the pros and cons of your changes and are ok with the results. There are a bunch of offset calculators online to help and some will actually show you a visual representation of your changes (Measurements). I THINK the factory offset on those is +52 or +54mm or so. I went with a +35mm on a 9” wide wheel with no issues, but I don’t have the Brembos. The 22’s will stiffen the ride a bit, but they do fill up the fender wells nicely. Wheels can make or break the way your ride looks to yo, so choose carefully!

· Registered
56 Posts
Of course the manufacturer is not some all knowing diety. I simply recommend against it because I’m all about performance and comfort. Yeah it may look nicer but in my opinion and many others the only reason for wheels that big is giant brakes.

· Registered
2019 Durango R/T 61k miles
11 Posts
Of course the manufacturer is not some all knowing diety. I simply recommend against it because I’m all about performance and comfort. Yeah it may look nicer but in my opinion and many others the only reason for wheels that big is giant brakes.
Well when you speak about a reason the manufacturer has a certain part on a vehicle, your coming across as if you shouldn't change it or go against how they built it.

I've seen brembos fit under 17in wheels by a few millimeters and with minimal spacer so it's mostly not necessary for if you have 18in or bigger wheels. At that point it's all in the offset and spoke design.

He has a GT so he's obviously not all about performance. He's interested in making his gt looking better in his view so no need to immediately shut him down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts