Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Dealers? The traditional manufacturer-dealership relationship has been broken for years. Most manufacturers are stuck with lazy, unethical, incapable dealerships and they can't get out of it in many states because of outdated laws which require them. Neither the manufacturers, nor the consumers want them anymore. At least not in their current form.
Tesla beat the law in NJ. They were sued by a group that has interest in every dealer in NJ.
Tesla won and do not have to provide franchise dealers in NJ and all stores are corporate owned,

· Registered
331 Posts
Would be interested to know what dealer this was. I'd never go back, they sound like real jerks. I can see a policy like that if it was something like a new Demon but a used Durango :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: They can pound sand - I'd leave a bad rating on Dealer Rater so others don't waste their time !!
+++ On that, eliminate that dealer from your vocabulary, even if they call back to apologize or entice you somehow, and leave a review of exactly what happened. There are good dealers out there, unfortunately they seem to be far and few between.

Before I ordered I was at another dealer.. Called them and spoke to sales manager, made it clear I was in the market and ready to buy at any point. When I arrived I waited and then they shuffled me off to a young newbie assistant that "I" had to inform him about items on the car.... Anyhow with that run around I was still able to test drive the car prior to any negotiating, granted the car was out on the lot. Any question I had he had to get up and 'ask' his manager. After the 2nd round of that I got up and left... of course as soon as I did that the manager was then willing to rush over and assist directly. Sorry Charlie, that ship had sailed, let him know how disappointed I was in the dealership in not taking me seriously.

Perhaps he didn't give a sh*t, but I am thankful that happened as that was early on in my car buying process and I was really eager at that point. I took a step back, I was fortunate in that I 'wanted' a new car but was not cornered into a spot that I 'needed' a new car. I slowed down, went on the path to order and found a good dealer... or at least what I 'believe' to be a good dealer. The car buying experience was pretty much a complete opposite from where I started from.

· Registered
2 Posts
I am in the process of searching for a used 2021 durango r/t. The one I keep going back to in my search, has Vitra grey interior. The photos make it look so pale, almost white. This looks like it would be a nightmare to keep clean. I am having trouble finding available durangos with the right interior/exterior and options, like hunting for a needle in a haystack, so I am not sure I will find one that has black leather interior. (I do not want suede or red interior, so it is between black leather or Vitra grey/black). I'm hoping to make a decision quickly because the perfect matches always sell before I can nail them down. Those of you who have Vitra grey interior, how do you feel about it after owning it for some time. How has it held up? I'd love to hear as much of your pros/cons on this, to help me in my decision. Thank you!
Hi, The vitra grey is a cool colour. Its not pale at all. It goes well with the destroyer grey exterior!

· Registered
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8, Dodge Durango RT loading…
67 Posts
Speaking of unique combinations. Unrelated to interior lol. Check out this R/T with a colored hood. It originally had Mopar stripes, according to the sticker, but for some reason the owner then removed them and painted the hood. Red flag for an unreported accident/damage? It’s certainly an interesting touch though. (Edited to add - Carfax is clean. No accidents and nothing in the service records that raises flags) View attachment 123882
The trackhawks come with that style on the hood a lot it’s not the whole hood but like 80% of it painted black that’s probably why they did it.

· Registered
7 Posts
I am in the process of searching for a used 2021 durango r/t. The one I keep going back to in my search, has Vitra grey interior. The photos make it look so pale, almost white. This looks like it would be a nightmare to keep clean. I am having trouble finding available durangos with the right interior/exterior and options, like hunting for a needle in a haystack, so I am not sure I will find one that has black leather interior. (I do not want suede or red interior, so it is between black leather or Vitra grey/black). I'm hoping to make a decision quickly because the perfect matches always sell before I can nail them down. Those of you who have Vitra grey interior, how do you feel about it after owning it for some time. How has it held up? I'd love to hear as much of your pros/cons on this, to help me in my decision. Thank you!
I have the silver exterior with red interior and love it. Stays clean and looks awesome. Wasn't a huge fan at first, but I love it now.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Do you have any photos? The photos I've seen make it look so pale, almost white. If it was more of a medium grey, I could see myself not worrying so much. But pale grey, almost white, is a concern.
Its (to me) more like a silverish white and nowhere near a medium or pale grey.

· Registered
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8, Dodge Durango RT loading…
67 Posts
Thank you, both. That’s what it looked like in the listing photos for the used car, but I thought I’d ask just in case the photos weren’t accurately capturing it.
I will say I really like dodges red interior the most of all “affordable” brands the basic American brands I have it in my charger and there’s no real problem and I have the alcantara suede so the durangos being mainly all leather through most trims that’s what I’m wanting in the Durango I’m searching for. The black is the only other option I’ll even consider

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just wanted to pop back into this thread to thank everyone for their input! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to share on here. It's so helpful! I decided to avoid the Vitra grey, it will be way too light, which is something we already struggled with in our current vehicle and will not suit our needs. It looks super cool, but just not for us.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts