Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of searching for a used 2021 durango r/t. The one I keep going back to in my search, has Vitra grey interior. The photos make it look so pale, almost white. This looks like it would be a nightmare to keep clean. I am having trouble finding available durangos with the right interior/exterior and options, like hunting for a needle in a haystack, so I am not sure I will find one that has black leather interior. (I do not want suede or red interior, so it is between black leather or Vitra grey/black). I'm hoping to make a decision quickly because the perfect matches always sell before I can nail them down. Those of you who have Vitra grey interior, how do you feel about it after owning it for some time. How has it held up? I'd love to hear as much of your pros/cons on this, to help me in my decision. Thank you!

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8, Dodge Durango RT loading…
65 Posts
I don’t own one that has it but I’ve seen it on the lots and personally I don’t care for it. It is very light colored like a ostrich color almost and then it has colored stitching and then dark grey everywhere else on the seats so the sides and backs idk it’s all very odd to me my mom has a sorento with similar color interior but I like it on that bc it all stays the same and it’s not doing too much but she’s had it for a while and no real problems with keeping it clean and I detail it occasionally for her as well

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t own one that has it but I’ve seen it on the lots and personally I don’t care for it. It is very light colored like a ostrich color almost and then it has colored stitching and then dark grey everywhere else on the seats so the sides and backs idk it’s all very odd to me my mom has a sorento with similar color interior but I like it on that bc it all stays the same and it’s not doing too much but she’s had it for a while and no real problems with keeping it clean and I detail it occasionally for her as well
Thank you for the input! I have a similar very pale grey color in my current vehicle. It is 9 years old, and despite taking very good care of it, the seats are dingy and no cleaners (or even magic eraser) will take it off. That really bothers me. Additionally, my current vehicle is black exterior, which shows everything and looks terrible in the winters from salt. So going into this purchase, I was factoring those tidbits into my search and avoiding any black cars or light color interiors, to set myself up for a combo that will be easier to keep looking sharp for the long haul. It was very hard to tell whether the photos in the listing were just bright from the sun or if Vitra was really that light. Sounds like it really is, and that it is something I will want to avoid. I'm bummed that this car has Vitra, because it is otherwise absolutely perfect.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Personally, I really like the color of the vitra grey seats. I'm not a fan of the orange stitching tho.
If they had red stitching (or even charcoal or black) I would have really been into the vitra.
I still think would worry about how much dirt would show up on the vitra tho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I really like the color of the vitra grey seats. I'm not a fan of the orange stitching tho.
If they had red stitching (or even charcoal or black) I would have really been into the vitra.
I still think would worry about how much dirt would show up on the vitra tho.
Agree about the orange! Such a strange choice they made going with orange. Seems red or black would have made the most sense and coordinated best. I'm not sure what causes the seats to be dingy over time, despite frequently wiping seats down. But my light grey seats in my van will not come clean. Its as if someone played in the garden then touched the seats with dirty hands, or rubbed shoes across it, etc. Its hard to describe, just dingy. On the back seats, that makes more sense because there were years when I carpooled to school and could have up to 6 kids climbing to the second and third rows, in the rain, dirty shoes, etc. But that does not explain my seat and the front passenger seat. My seat also has blue rubbed on the edge from getting in and out wearing jeans (normal blue, not the super dark kind).

·
Registered
611 Posts
I actually think our jeans transfer a good bit of blue/grey dinginess to the seats on our lighter colored vehicles. I've certainly seen it on my wife's seats. There are a few sprays which will take it off, but it's easier to just buy darker interiors in the first place. I haven't seen any of it on the radar red thus far.

Reactions: legomom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually think our jeans transfer a good bit of blue/grey dinginess to the seats on our lighter colored vehicles. I've certainly seen it on my wife's seats. There are a few sprays which will take it off, but it's easier to just buy darker interiors in the first place. I haven't seen any of it on the radar red thus far.
Yeah, I definitely started my search with only looking at black leather interior (no suede, no red, no Vitra) so it will hold up well and clean easily. But then this car came up in my search that has Tow n Go and every single option, a 2021 with only around 10 mi, but.......Vitra. So I kept gravitating back to the listing and looking at it, pondering if Vitra is all that bad, lol. I do not want to settle though. I think I will avoid Vitra since I plan to have this for as long as it will give us.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8, Dodge Durango RT loading…
65 Posts
Thank you for the input! I have a similar very pale grey color in my current vehicle. It is 9 years old, and despite taking very good care of it, the seats are dingy and no cleaners (or even magic eraser) will take it off. That really bothers me. Additionally, my current vehicle is black exterior, which shows everything and looks terrible in the winters from salt. So going into this purchase, I was factoring those tidbits into my search and avoiding any black cars or light color interiors, to set myself up for a combo that will be easier to keep looking sharp for the long haul. It was very hard to tell whether the photos in the listing were just bright from the sun or if Vitra was really that light. Sounds like it really is, and that it is something I will want to avoid. I'm bummed that this car has Vitra, because it is otherwise absolutely perfect.
I mean you could always look into Katskin I think is how it’s spelled that offer seat covers in any color and multiple materials and they don’t look like seat covers they actually look like the seats if you wanted to go that route and buy a set and throw them on immediately to not even see the vitra anymore and give you peace of mind if everything else is perfect to you. Just a thought

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, I definitely started my search with only looking at black leather interior (no suede, no red, no Vitra) so it will hold up well and clean easily. But then this car came up in my search that has Tow n Go and every single option, a 2021 with only around 10 mi, but.......Vitra. So I kept gravitating back to the listing and looking at it, pondering if Vitra is all that bad, lol. I do not want to settle though. I think I will avoid Vitra since I plan to have this for as long as it will give us.
Have you looked to see if there are any Durangos near you that have the Vitra Gray interior (even if not the Tow N Go model you want) so you can check it out in person? I actually traveled 3 states to get my Destroyer Gray TnG RT Plus with the Vitra Gray interior. I have not liked black seat interiors because of how hot they get in the summers and personally wasn't a fan of the red. But I know that's a personal preference mainly for me choosing the Gray combo and understand other's preferences for other interiors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Speaking of unique combinations. Unrelated to interior lol. Check out this R/T with a colored hood. It originally had Mopar stripes, according to the sticker, but for some reason the owner then removed them and painted the hood. Red flag for an unreported accident/damage? It’s certainly an interesting touch though. (Edited to add - Carfax is clean. No accidents and nothing in the service records that raises flags)
Tire Wheel Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts
Hard to say but you would want to see the Car Fax on it.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts
It's probably okay then unless it's a Florida car.

Reactions: legomom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Speaking of unique combinations. Unrelated to interior lol. Check out this R/T with a colored hood. It originally had Mopar stripes, according to the sticker, but for some reason the owner then removed them and painted the hood. Red flag for an unreported accident/damage? It’s certainly an interesting touch though. (Edited to add - Carfax is clean. No accidents and nothing in the service records that raises flags) View attachment 123882
Well, I went to see the white/black Durango last night. I made an appointment, drove 1h15m. They did not offer for me to drive it so finally I asked them about taking it out to check it. They did not allow me to test drive it. They had it in the showroom, blocked by other cars, and did not have it ready for the appointment. They said they cannot take it out and allow me to drive it, it takes too long to shuffle them all around. They also said it is their policy that negotiations must occur before taking the car for a drive. I told him I cannot talk numbers on a car I have not checked out first. If there is anything wrong during the drive, then I will not want to pursue the purchase. It does not make any sense to commit to a price before being allowed to test drive. I have never heard of anything like that anywhere else, ever. Negotiation talks lasted over an hour, still did not come to an agreement yet at that point, and he says well we are closed now, you need to go and come back another day. I'm still so confused as to what occurred last night, and incredibly frustrated at the time and effort wasted (approx $30 in gas, 2.5 hrs driving, 1.5 hrs at the place). I have very little free time due to everything I am juggling right now, so to carve out time is really tough. That made it all the more upsetting. Not sure what the purpose of the appointment was, because we can chit chat any time over the phone but I cannot test drive and inspect the vehicle from my living room. Grrr. Ok thanks for listening to my rant. Lol. Back to the endless search for the right match :cry:

·
Registered
611 Posts
WIth a few exceptions, dealers suck. There is a reason most of the new EV companies have tried to avoid using them.

Reactions: MikeD1

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts
Be sure to leave a review on their website to warn other buyers.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dealers? The traditional manufacturer-dealership relationship has been broken for years. Most manufacturers are stuck with lazy, unethical, incapable dealerships and they can't get out of it in many states because of outdated laws which require them. Neither the manufacturers, nor the consumers want them anymore. At least not in their current form.

Reactions: MikeD1

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am in the process of searching for a used 2021 durango r/t. The one I keep going back to in my search, has Vitra grey interior. The photos make it look so pale, almost white. This looks like it would be a nightmare to keep clean. I am having trouble finding available durangos with the right interior/exterior and options, like hunting for a needle in a haystack, so I am not sure I will find one that has black leather interior. (I do not want suede or red interior, so it is between black leather or Vitra grey/black). I'm hoping to make a decision quickly because the perfect matches always sell before I can nail them down. Those of you who have Vitra grey interior, how do you feel about it after owning it for some time. How has it held up? I'd love to hear as much of your pros/cons on this, to help me in my decision. Thank you!
I can tell you from experience with light colored leather on other vehicles that it will show wear and get soiled easily even if you clean/treat it regularly. If you have/transport kids in the back seats and/or get in with even a tiny amount of dirt on your colths - FORGET IT !! Sliding out of the drivers seat will also make the drivers side outer bolster look like poo quick. My wife had a similar interior on one of her Infiniti's that was her drive to work car. It never saw jeans etc. (office cloths only) and was a PITA to keep clean.
I'd go with black or the demonic red - much easier to maintain !

Well, I went to see the white/black Durango last night. I made an appointment, drove 1h15m. They did not offer for me to drive it so finally I asked them about taking it out to check it. They did not allow me to test drive it. They had it in the showroom, blocked by other cars, and did not have it ready for the appointment. They said they cannot take it out and allow me to drive it, it takes too long to shuffle them all around. They also said it is their policy that negotiations must occur before taking the car for a drive. I told him I cannot talk numbers on a car I have not checked out first. If there is anything wrong during the drive, then I will not want to pursue the purchase. It does not make any sense to commit to a price before being allowed to test drive. I have never heard of anything like that anywhere else, ever. Negotiation talks lasted over an hour, still did not come to an agreement yet at that point, and he says well we are closed now, you need to go and come back another day. I'm still so confused as to what occurred last night, and incredibly frustrated at the time and effort wasted (approx $30 in gas, 2.5 hrs driving, 1.5 hrs at the place). I have very little free time due to everything I am juggling right now, so to carve out time is really tough. That made it all the more upsetting. Not sure what the purpose of the appointment was, because we can chit chat any time over the phone but I cannot test drive and inspect the vehicle from my living room. Grrr. Ok thanks for listening to my rant. Lol. Back to the endless search for the right match :cry:
Would be interested to know what dealer this was. I'd never go back, they sound like real jerks. I can see a policy like that if it was something like a new Demon but a used Durango :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: They can pound sand - I'd leave a bad rating on Dealer Rater so others don't waste their time !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts