·
Registered
102 Posts
Here is a picture of the metal plate Mopar sent me
Mopar SRT Cat Back Exhaust System
Mopar SRT Performance Lowering Springs
Listed under Mopar Equipment, not dealer equipment
View attachment 110920
If I'm you and I see this MOPAR - certified plate, which I'd have no reason to believe isn't legit, I'd be inclined to think everything that's itemised on it is included on the vehicle I've purchased, optic.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The plate was mailed to each owner from Mopar with a # of there car award and some other cool stuff, licence plate frame tire valve caps key ring ect...

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm no expert but the "mopar" special parts were not well marketed to dealers..I knew about them before I took delivery..my dealer had no clue and said that lowering springs would void warranty....so I got that old song and dance...:sneaky:

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What also is odd about this is Mopar should have been the first to know they went out of business, stopping delivery and reclaiming unpaid inventory, however they told me to wait until they reopen after Covid.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
This situation is not so much about who is at fault, but more like doing the right thing! For the kind of money an SRT anything costs, it damn well ought to be right. This vehicle was advertised as having said options included. In my opinion, if it's on the window sticker, I expect it to be included one way or another.

If I was a person of authority at FCA, I would be thinking that not making this right would surely piss off the buyer of a $70K vehicle enough that I would want to make it right. Stuff like this happens all the time. You just have to get the information to the right person. Keep communicating with the SRT folks, and remain polite but firm.

Don

Reactions: DBSRT

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry. But who buys an $82k vehicle without realizing that $8k worth of parts that you paid extra to get are not installed on the vehicle? Maybe should have looked the vehicle over a little better before you signed the papers...
[/QU
Maybe, but I've purchased a number of high optioned performance cars over the years and never wished I'd asked to see that all the pieces were there. I hope the factory will make this right for you; but, I certainly don't believe you should be left holding the bag. After thought::it would be a helluva note to have to tell every Dealer that before I hand you a check let's head to the service bay so I can see I'm getting all that I paid for. When trust is gone, so am I!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Maybe, but I've purchased a number of high optioned performance cars over the years and never wished I'd asked to see that all the pieces were there. I hope the factory will make this right for you; but, I certainly don't believe you should be left holding the bag. After thought::it would be a helluva note to have to tell every Dealer that before I hand you a check let's head to the service bay so I can see I'm getting all that I paid for. When trust is gone, so am I!
that is a strong point, thanks

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This is the window sticker that shows the "18 group by Mopar" was a factory option, not added by the dealer. so why would you make the dealer responsible for the exhaust and springs????
The plate from above detains what is in this package. Not something I could add or delete came with the car, so i feel it should have all the parts. :confused:
20200802_174131.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just of note: The window sticker does not show the Exhaust and Lowering Springs. (I am not saying you are not entitled to them, I am just stating that from a legal position, the $7995.00 covers paint , seat covers, badging and a dash plaque). The Exhaust and Springs were shipped separately to dealers (there was a backorder situation with most of these orders, so they arrived well after the Durango was shipped to the dealer) . The dealer then had to put in a separate claim (like a warranty claim) when they were installed and the dealer was then reimbursed by MOPAR. There is better info here: IMPORTANT @Dodge Durango SRT Mopar 18' Edition Owners - DodgeForum.com

·
Registered
'18 Mopar Special Edition #099 of 250 B5 Blue
42 Posts
Just of note: The window sticker does not show the Exhaust and Lowering Springs. (I am not saying you are not entitled to them, I am just stating that from a legal position, the $7995.00 covers paint , seat covers, badging and a dash plaque). The Exhaust and Springs were shipped separately to dealers (there was a backorder situation with most of these orders, so they arrived well after the Durango was shipped to the dealer) . The dealer then had to put in a separate claim (like a warranty claim) when they were installed and the dealer was then reimbursed by MOPAR. There is better info here: IMPORTANT @Dodge Durango SRT Mopar 18' Edition Owners - DodgeForum.com
Interesting. Looking at my window sticker, there is no mention of it either, however, my dealer said they had the parts and were looking forward to finally getting them out of the shop! They went on to tell my their mechanics got paid by Mopar to install them. I got to physically see the original springs and exhaust that they took off. They gave them both to me (though the exhaust is still in the shop due to not fitting in the back. Probably in a dumpster now, for all I know). So your dealer certainly had them, at one point.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
:)(y) Just Got a call this morning from SRT and they ordered the parts and are sending them to a dealer very close to my house. Made my day / week / month.:pThanks for all the feedback and suggestions, basically i continued to call and e-mailed some higher ups . although i did not get a email reply i did get the promise of the parts and them installed by a local dealer. So now i will be reporting back on the improvement the exhaust and the lowering spring make. I also feel the case manager Kaley did a great job with the higher ups to help me out.
As some of you mentioned I am not sure where the liability fell but Mopar did step up and make things right.:love::cool:. I yes i think the Durango SRT is Awesome.
Going to be more Awesome soon . Will update

·
Registered
92 Posts
Squeaky wheel gets the oil but boy was it a pain to follow. Happy for you to have some resolution.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Finally some good news in 2020!

Reactions: DBSRT
21 - 34 of 34 Posts