Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI after months of waiting SRT told me that even though they sold me the Durango SRT #219 with a birth certificate and a window sticker saying the high performance exhaust and lowering springs are in the car. They are not. The dealer went out of business and SRT will not help. So they are selling special edition SRT Durango without all the parts. I will have to take Dodge to court to get the parts I paid for. Anyone have any contacts with Mopar. I am sure i am not the only one that got swindled. This was a factory option not a dealer add on. Any one know who to contact. I am missing the high performance exhaust and lowering springs the dealer was to install, and they did not. Any ideas or help. It was purchased at South County Dodge in Gilroy California.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No it was a dealer installed item on delivery of the vehicle. You are not the first. Dealership is to blame as an employee probably sold or kept for themselves.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was a dealer installed item on delivery of the vehicle. You are not the first. Dealership is to blame as an employee probably sold or kept for themselves.

so who do you go after if the dealer is gone

·
Registered
624 Posts
If Dodge won't 'own' it as a customer courtesy (they are not legally bound to), then you are likely SOL.
If they went bankrupt & it's still going thru the courts, you might be able to make a claim, but you will be at the bottom of who gets $$ from whatever remains (likely damn little).
If it was part of some multi store operation, you could try to get the owners to pony up at another store. If they refuse, get your local media 'we're on your side' investigative reporting teams to give them some unwanted press !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Your situation totally sucks. Back years ago when I worked at GM I was so frustrated at what some dealers do and have the customers think it was the auto company. These dealers are all independent from FCA. The good will negotiation that FCA does with the end customer is really just to help save face, no recourse with the dealer...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Each region of dealers is serviced by a regional Manufacturers Rep. These folks help with warranty claims, factory issues affecting dealers ect....they also interact with owners..I would find out from your current dealer who that is and have a conversation...hopefully you have paperwork to support your claim.I have had good luck with them from other makes...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the same problem. Not installed by the dealer. I discovered it a few weeks after picking up from an out of state dealer. I went to my local dealer, who with SRT customer care had the entire thing rectified and installed within 4 weeks. Did u open a case with SRT?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
If this "option" was something that originated with FCA, then they need to step up, and make you whole. Either provide/install the parts or refund an appropriate amount. It would seem to me that everybody from the dealer on up the food chain got their share, so you are owed what you paid for.

Another case of the "no accountability" we see more and more of these days.............

Don

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feed back. This was sold told me with a factory installed performance package "18 group by Mopar" it is a special edition sent with a birth certification from Mopar. Which stated it has this package installed. Paid $7995 extra for this option that was preinstalled not a add on. So if Mopar was not thinking and had dealers install the last two parts after the factory did the first part they should be liable for the parts and the installation. Ex If you owe me $100 and gave it to a friend to give it to me and the friend did not deliver and disappeared you still owe me $100. It will cost Mopar much more if i have to take them to court and the bad Pr that will be sent to every forum and car review . Not to mention i am not the only one that is missing these parts. With a little digging i would think this could be a group effort. I will bet south county dodge in Gilroy CA shorted more than one owner. and maybe other areas. I am shocked that Mopar SRT would let Dealers finish up the install on a SRT factory package. There most highly advertised product. Especially a Limited edition model . So far my dealer is out of business and i have not way to contact them , filed with the BBB. Surprisingly SRT would not give me any info on the dealer and told me to wait when they first shut down due to COVID they had to know the dealer was out of business.
Anyone know the higher ups in Mopar SRT. My neighbors are all lawyers and ready to blow this up big time.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a picture of the metal plate Mopar sent me
Mopar SRT Cat Back Exhaust System
Mopar SRT Performance Lowering Springs
Listed under Mopar Equipment, not dealer equipment

·
Registered
282 Posts
When I had issues building my 18RT I emailed Tim Kuniskis directly. Shockingly, he called me right away. Try emailing him and explain the situation. I’ve heard/read he’s a good guy and offer calls customers directly. Can’t hurt....right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
When I had issues building my 18RT I emailed Tim Kuniskis directly. Shockingly, he called me right away. Try emailing him and explain the situation. I’ve heard/read he’s a good guy and offer calls customers directly. Can’t hurt....right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy cow, that would have been cool to talk to him! To me that is like a movie star calling you given his position in the hierarchy.

And yes, I'm a huge car nerd!

OP, as it has been said before, your not the only one this has happened to. Some of the others that have reported this never said if they were compensated or not.

I would definitely pull all the stops and try and contact everyone that has an email address and or phone # whom has any real authority at Dodge, maybe even starting with Tim Kuniskis.

I had to do this once, although it was not a higher up it was however, high enough to get the job done. I won't get into what happened here to stay on track, but the dealership had their butt handed to them, and I got what I needed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Litigation won't get you anywhere except loss of more money. Be nice and ask to be treated fairly and be given what you have paid for.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree that FCA should step up and help you out as a courtesy but they don't have to. You did not buy the car from FCA. You are thus not legally a customer of FCA, and have no sales contract with FCA. The dealer bought the car from FCA, and the dealer sold the car to you.

That having been said.....the warranty contract is a contract between you and FCA (not the dealer), and covers ONLY manufacturing defects. Sooo....maybe, if you have documentation that shows that the car was supposed to be MANUFACTURED with these parts, and the parts are not there, then.......that might be a defect.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry. But who buys an $82k vehicle without realizing that $8k worth of parts that you paid extra to get are not installed on the vehicle? Maybe should have looked the vehicle over a little better before you signed the papers...

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry. But who buys an $82k vehicle without realizing that $8k worth of parts that you paid extra to get are not installed on the vehicle? Maybe should have looked the vehicle over a little better before you signed the papers...
They were listed as installed and at first hard to tell at first the difference between the high performance exhaust and stock and the lowering springs, obvious after some digging. And who would think to send out a car with a expensive exhaust and spring setup (stock) only to have it changed out at the dealer when it is brand new? So it was hidden. No where did it state the dealer put these in ( or didn't) until i dug down in this forum. But i guess we are not going to list you as the helpful type.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts