Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the 18 Durango SRT and am loving it. Instead of avoiding running errands I am now finding myself looking for them so that I have a reason to get behind the wheel. My very first mod, aside from blacking out the windows with some dark tint, was removing the back chrome emblems on the taillights and rear tailgate. I ordered a black OEM SRT emblem from the Jeep Grand Cherokee to replace the chrome one. I absolutely love how it turned out. When I purchased the vehicle I asked the salesman if he could have them remove the emblems for me when they took it to detail but he said that they couldn't because it was some sort of company policy that removing the emblems is degrading the name or some BS like that. I have to say, removing them was SUPER easy. It is a warm and sunny day here in Central Florida and I originally tried using some dental floss but it broke so I just did them all with a needle nose and they came right off. I used painters tape around the chrome SRT emblem so I knew exactly where to put the new black one. I think it came out great! Here is a before and after...

Before:

View attachment 97074

After:

View attachment 97082

I'm thinking my next mods will be adding some Kooks Long Tube Headers which I found for about $2,100, black 4" exhaust tips and maybe a mopar performance exhaust and lowering springs. I also want to supercharge it eventually if anyone has any info on one they recommend.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just bought the 18 Durango SRT and am loving it. Instead of avoiding running errands I am now finding myself looking for them so that I have a reason to get behind the wheel. My very first mod, aside from blacking out the windows with some dark tint, was removing the back chrome emblems on the taillights and rear tailgate. I ordered a black OEM SRT emblem from the Jeep Grand Cherokee to replace the chrome one. I absolutely love how it turned out. When I purchased the vehicle I asked the salesman if he could have them remove the emblems for me when they took it to detail but he said that they couldn't because it was some sort of company policy that removing the emblems is degrading the name or some BS like that. I have to say, removing them was SUPER easy. It is a warm and sunny day here in Central Florida and I originally tried using some dental floss but it broke so I just did them all with a needle nose and they came right off. I used painters tape around the chrome SRT emblem so I knew exactly where to put the new black one. I think it came out great! Here is a before and after...

Before:

View attachment 97074

After:

View attachment 97082

I'm thinking my next mods will be adding some Kooks Long Tube Headers which I found for about $2,100, black 4" exhaust tips and maybe a mopar performance exhaust and lowering springs. I also want to supercharge it eventually if anyone has any info on one they recommend.
Looks pretty awesome! I think that the supercharger is an issue due to no tuner available yet, but Procharger may be the people to look to on that. They have a video on the Jeep SRT they did recently. I inquired but haven't heard back yet. I'd like the black tips also.

I am about to tow my boat for the first time this weekend and will be making a determination on the springs after we tow and launch. Don't wanna go too low. Ive been trying get an Intake and a catch can but what I want can't be sold in CA. I need someone to let me ship it to them and reship to me :)

Welcome to the DDSRT Fam!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks great, excatly what I’m gonna do with my car when it finally arrives. As stated above might be awhile for supercharger and tune. If you haven’t checked out guy on youtube called joe clarke he has kooks headers, exhaust and springs installed if interested in his review/thoughts on those mods. GL and congrats on the car.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Before:

View attachment 97074

After:

View attachment 97082

Maddog316 I finally heard back from ProCharger today and they said they hope to have a full kit with Tuner by the end of the year! Sounds so far away lol but I guess 6 months isn't that long :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is a shop near me that sponsors my car club and they just put an Edelbrock SC on an SRT. Will share info when I talk to them.. i tried but their VM was full :/ they said 697 RWHP &631 lbs of Torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts