Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I'm pissed, I never had issues with starting my Durango express until now. A Couple days ago i started up the durango and it wouldn't start, but after pumping the gas a few times, it started but then right b4 the start i also heard a weird noise like a screech followed by a vibration sounded somewhere low in the front... Scared me for sure .. but day by day i feel like its getting worse. Also the check engine light lit up, and so did the traction control ?? i found that weird when both lights were on as well.. What also made me concerned was the next day i started the durango, and the lights went away, then came back on after going somewhere else.. i don't get it? I've only had my durango since may so about 7 months but it did purchase it used, its above 60,000 miles. What do i do now? should i take it to the dealer where i bought it from, or a dodge/chrysler dealer? and please tell me i won't get charged for anything lol if so let me know too... thanks guys i really appreciate you reading all of this , and i apologize if there is another post like this cause i haven't seen one yet.

Sincerely..
FlavioGomes

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
It sounds like you will be needing a TIPM Module, get it to the dealer for diagnosis.
STEVE

·
Registered
74 Posts
My TIPM went out twice. Starter would engage on my 12 R/T for about 5 seconds but would not turn over.

Transmission also went out, rear gate broke, side airbag light, front shocks leaked out a month apart. 7 warranty trips in 18 months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well on my 2013 RT the only issue I had was the AC can/blower was making noises and became annoying. Now my 2014 RT is ok so far......but the only thing that I'm still deciding about is the Total Care Auto Plan I bought, to many friends and reviews about don't getting it.
So the question is should I leave it like that or chancel it and get my reimbursement?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nope, it's not a flood vehicle. It's my second 2012 R/T. The first one was lemon lawed due to the transmission failing in the 1st 400 miles. I got this one with 12 miles on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts