Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lost my transfer case at 65-70k miles. I see that as the weakest link with the supercharger. I dynoed 522 at the wheels. Pushing 89k miles now and babying it because I don’t want to drop another $3k for a transfer case. Love the power of the D still when I need it. My whipped wines a lot but I just live with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lost my transfer case at 65-70k miles. I see that as the weakest link with the supercharger. I dynoed 522 at the wheels. Pushing 89k miles now and babying it because I don’t want to drop another $3k for a transfer case. Love the power of the D still when I need it. My whipped wines a lot but I just live with it.
Thanks for the reply. What were the problems you were having leading up to the transfer case going out? Sure is great to hear it's still boosting along.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, the 90 can not be swapped in place of the 70 without significant modification.

SHR is an option but I recommend Bill Shurr and Paramount Performance Products. I've got a Paramount in my Charger and it's doing me quite well so far. My converter could use re-flashed but that's only because I'm using a converter built for one car in a different car. With that said, the shifts are firm but still smooth. I'm happy with the product and Bill's support.

Even without a tune for the 8HP70, an upgraded transmission has greater holding capacity and firmer shifts which will go a long way towards both daily-drivability AND racing....if that's your thing....but why wouldn't it be. ;)
Was looking around on the sight and was wondering if the hp70 they have for the Jeep is what you meant. Im fairly new to modding but have been thinking seriously about putting a whipper on my ‘16 RT but I want to do it the right way. I’m thinking the transmission would definitely need improvement. Was also wondering if the Paramount torque converter would be an added benefit?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the reply. What were the problems you were having leading up to the transfer case going out? Sure is great to hear it's still boosting along.
Just the clink/bang under the driver side floorboard. Was intermittent at first then got worse until the chain stretched and cut a groove in the housing dumping fluid on the highway

41 - 44 of 44 Posts