Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
I was shopping SRTs and TNGs for a couple months. This one popped up after I committed to Mopar 22 edition TNG. It is a cool dealership, they specialize in rare hooked up Dodge products. I drove an SRT in Destroyer Grey, there. Just did not have the towing package I needed.

Registered
I saw that. And if my car gets totaled out, my insurance company will probably use that vehicle (which was a trade in) to assess value 馃槖
hope it does. Way back when, I had my gmc jimmy stolen from my driveway (and they kindly left me another stolen vehicle). It made the news in a helicopter chase and when I got it back, it was basically like you described.

Registered
'18 Mopar Special Edition #099 of 250 B5 Blue
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The tricky part is coming up. The body shop is bringing in a mechanic to determine any mechanical problems. The engine sounded terrible, I'm almost positive they used 87 octane, so if an engine swap has to be done, I feel like I'm well within my right to request a new transmission and rear end as well. No clue what they did in that thing, but I do know they tried to race it by accessing the SRT functions. I feel like my insurance will fight me on this. I'm sure the mechanic would be glad to, though.

Registered
The tricky part is coming up. The body shop is bringing in a mechanic to determine any mechanical problems. The engine sounded terrible, I'm almost positive they used 87 octane, so if an engine swap has to be done, I feel like I'm well within my right to request a new transmission and rear end as well. No clue what they did in that thing, but I do know they tried to race it by accessing the SRT functions. I feel like my insurance will fight me on this. I'm sure the mechanic would be glad to, though.
Smart to bring your own mechanic.

Bet they end up totaling it + buying you an equivalent.

Because this is a numbered + rare car it's going to get interesting.

Registered
Who is your insurance through? I was an adjuster at Farmers and my dad ran a shop for 40 years. The last thing they want to do is have this claim start and then keep going. If you push and say you don鈥檛 want it back they will total it .

Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
Who is your insurance through? I was an adjuster at Farmers and my dad ran a shop for 40 years. The last thing they want to do is have this claim start and then keep going. If you push and say you don鈥檛 want it back they will total it .
Exactly. I had a van t-boned and near-totaled, but the insurance company opted to pay to fix it. The shop grafted on a new back from the front seats on back. In the process of removing the unbroken windshield, they broke it and that put it over the insurance threshold to total it, but by then it was too late in the process so the repair was completed. The back and front came from different plants so the trim where they met up was never right, and the sliding door never worked right. To make it worse, after the fact the insurance company said they'd have totaled it if I had insisted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Interesting鈥. Though I hate it (I鈥檓 in love with #99) I鈥檓 at the point now where I am losing faith that what I get back will be what I had before. I didn鈥檛 know I could 鈥渋nsist鈥

Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
Interesting鈥. Though I hate it (I鈥檓 in love with #99) I鈥檓 at the point now where I am losing faith that what I get back will be what I had before. I didn鈥檛 know I could 鈥渋nsist鈥
Depends on your insurance company and the amount of damage. Mine was within a few hundred of their threshold to total.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The threshold is quite high, however, putting in an entire new drive train might be something they want to avoid. I鈥檓 not taking it back with the 鈥渋t sounds better now鈥 approach.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts