Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
2,133 Posts
Alright guys. I need all the positive energy and wishes you can conjure up! I got a phone call and it has been located and arrests made! Rear window has been broken out and that is all they told me. My insurance is trying to get ahold of it now. Man I hope those ** who stole my car treated it with kid gloves!
If it was NY, slap on the wrist and they would be back out on the street already. FJB

· Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I already told them that. I have been told by some people in the know that this particular mopar edition (Durango) will hold better value than the other mopar editions. And that in 10 plus years, when this engine doesn't exist anymore, that it will be worth even more. I just hope they didn't drive it like they stole it. Lord knows what they may have done.
Ya think? I don't think that the Mopar'18 will ever be on any collectors list. It might draw some curb appeal to make for an easier sell and maybe get a little bit more out of it, but I don't see these being a valuable collector car in 20+ years. Probably will decline in value year over year alongside the DDSRT w/o Mopar'18 package.

· Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I already told them that. I have been told by some people in the know that this particular mopar edition (Durango) will hold better value than the other mopar editions. And that in 10 plus years, when this engine doesn't exist anymore, that it will be worth even more. I just hope they didn't drive it like they stole it. Lord knows what they may have done.
If you keep it ask the local police to have their drug sniffing dog check it out. If it's clean or if it isn't ask them for an affidavit explaining the circumstances of their search. Even if you get the interior sanitized the scent of cannibus will still be there.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
If you keep it ask the local police to have their drug sniffing dog check it out. If it's clean or if it isn't ask them for an affidavit explaining the circumstances of their search. Even if you get the interior sanitized the scent of cannibus will still be there.
I would think "cannabis" would be the last thing I'd worry about cops finding in my stolen truck

· Registered
331 Posts
I would think "cannabis" would be the last thing I'd worry about cops finding in my stolen truck
I'm thinking he was referring to...If cannabis was involved and "if" the scent stays or cannot be eliminated, have something with you showing what happened in case of a future 'pull over' and the police run Fido around the car and Fido decides to 'sit' at the drivers side door... :p

· Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm thinking he was referring to...If cannabis was involved and "if" the scent stays or cannot be eliminated, have something with you showing what happened in case of a future 'pull over' and the police run Fido around the car and Fido decides to 'sit' at the drivers side door... :p
Lol, I know what he was referring to. I was thinking is cannabis that much of a worry these days? I'd be more worried if a hit came up for a harder drug.

· Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
498 Posts
I was thinking is cannabis that much of a worry these days?
Not to my knowledge. I smell it everywhere all the time. I don't do it myself, but might as well since I'm probably getting contact highs all the time and don't even know it. :)

· Registered
6 Posts
Yep.... It's gone. Word of advice, do NOT park one of these at the Memphis International Airport. Security's response was "yeah...this happens all the time." Man, I wish I had know that before I chose to park there.

So now, a vehicle that was trending UP in value, is now gone. I have to decide wether I want to get back into another SRT or not. I know '18 Mopar edition B5 blue will be hard to come by, so I may just go with a straight SRT. I loved that car.😭

#099/250 you were great....
based on several stories like this i don't drive a hellcat if i have to park at an airport or hotel - could still happen if they load on a truck in broad daylight at work (ravelco plug makes it unlikely they can drive it off). sorry tho hear.

· Registered
498 Posts
Hey TripleD - any updates? It's been a bit now.

· Registered
30 Posts
based on several stories like this i don't drive a hellcat if i have to park at an airport or hotel - could still happen if they load on a truck in broad daylight at work (ravelco plug makes it unlikely they can drive it off). sorry tho hear.
I heard RAVELCO is the best around, I live and the midwest and need the remote start though... That is the only downside with the RAVELCO system from what I have read.

· Registered
'18 Mopar Special Edition #099 of 250 B5 Blue
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It just got delivered to the body shop and I went there immediately. It’s a damn disaster. Ripped the logos off so it would “blend in”. Idiots. Yep, smoked everything you could up in there. Drove it off road apparently, from the look of the undercarriage. Ripped out the radio but later plugged it back in. Idiots. That’s how they got caught. Shattered glass everywhere, cut the seatbelt because they couldn’t figure out how to get the car seat out. Idiots. I was handed a blank key fob abs they said “here is your key” and I was like, “no, I have both my keys, this must be what they used to steal it”. Drive approximately 1300 miles on it. Engine is clicking now, so they just have used 87 octane. Idiots. Police had 4 in custody, only charging one, and she will get off because she claims she “bought it but can’t remember from who”.
I’m sick……

· Registered
6 Posts
I heard RAVELCO is the best around, I live and the midwest and need the remote start though... That is the only downside with the RAVELCO system from what I have read.
yep - have to give up remote start - i just go out and start it with plug in - behind locked gate to minimize that risk - IGLA allows you to keep remote start but i don't have an installer for IGLA close to me.

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,652 Posts
It just got delivered to the body shop and I went there immediately. It’s a damn disaster. Ripped the logos off so it would “blend in”. Idiots. Yep, smoked everything you could up in there. Drove it off road apparently, from the look of the undercarriage. Ripped out the radio but later plugged it back in. Idiots. That’s how they got caught. Shattered glass everywhere, cut the seatbelt because they couldn’t figure out how to get the car seat out. Idiots. I was handed a blank key fob abs they said “here is your key” and I was like, “no, I have both my keys, this must be what they used to steal it”. Drive approximately 1300 miles on it. Engine is clicking now, so they just have used 87 octane. Idiots. Police had 4 in custody, only charging one, and she will get off because she claims she “bought it but can’t remember from who”.
I’m sick……
Sue the MFs - all of them and their parents if they are minors - for the total value of the vehicle, loss of enjoyment and loss of future value. Take them all for what they are worth.

Reactions: Urbish

· Registered
498 Posts
Well sh!t.....that's not any good news at all man. I agree, if they want to act like idiots then they need to be treated like idiots that they are. Try to get what you can out of this. There is another vehicle out there that will bring you joy someday, but you'll never forget this one for sure.

· Registered
240 Posts
I’m sick……
I'm so sorry...

At least you have it back + everything broken can be replaced. Watch the insurance people like a hawk + make sure they pay for everything to be repaired correctly.

I had a 95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Silver not Green (much rarer) stolen around 2000 + still think about it to this day + it's impossible to find a replacement that isnt completely messed up.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Interesting discovery. The radio was plugged back in so they could access the various SRT racing modes. That’s probably when SiriusXM Guardian pinged them. Down side is that they raced it…..

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I saw that. And if my car gets totaled out, my insurance company will probably use that vehicle (which was a trade in) to assess value 😒

21 - 40 of 49 Posts