Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
'18 Mopar Special Edition #099 of 250 B5 Blue
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep.... It's gone. Word of advice, do NOT park one of these at the Memphis International Airport. Security's response was "yeah...this happens all the time." Man, I wish I had know that before I chose to park there.

So now, a vehicle that was trending UP in value, is now gone. I have to decide wether I want to get back into another SRT or not. I know '18 Mopar edition B5 blue will be hard to come by, so I may just go with a straight SRT. I loved that car.馃槶

#099/250 you were great....

Registered
Yep.... It's gone. Word of advice, do NOT park one of these at the Memphis International Airport. Security's response was "yeah...this happens all the time." Man, I wish I had know that before I chose to park there.

So now, a vehicle that was trending UP in value, is now gone. I have to decide wether I want to get back into another SRT or not. I know '18 Mopar edition B5 blue will be hard to come by, so I may just go with a straight SRT. I loved that car.馃槶

#099/250 you were great....
I'm sorry, words cant convey.

Such an awesome car + amazing color.

Registered
Probably an inside job, that sucks! I try not to park my B5 anywhere that I am not close by. I do have all sorts of security on mine, even if it is just an RT.

Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
As one who can directly relate, I am sorry to hear of your most unfortunate circumstances. I had a Typhoon stolen from me years ago and it took me about 2 years to get over the feeling of being violated. Every time I see one to this day it puts me right back to that time in my life. Hopefully you can see past the a$$bags who think what's yours is theirs and do their deeds with no remorse. Whatever their reasons are.....they're not good enough to take someone else's property.

They'll get theirs someday, I fully believe that. Karma is a b!tch.

Hang in there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright guys. I need all the positive energy and wishes you can conjure up! I got a phone call and it has been located and arrests made! Rear window has been broken out and that is all they told me. My insurance is trying to get ahold of it now. Man I hope those ** who stole my car treated it with kid gloves!

Registered
Man I hope those ** who stole my car treated it with kid gloves!
I hope so too for your sake. Hoping for a good outcome here for you.

When my Typhoon was stolen.......it resurfaced about 2 years later. I had already been paid off by insurance (they said they found pieces of it and evidence of VIN) and the case was closed. But....when I ran into her again on that fateful day, the truck was in the same exact shape it was when it was taken from me, surprisingly, so it's possible. The thieves broke out the rear lock cylinder on the lift gate to gain access, so there was a new lock in place. That was the only difference.

Keep us posted Sir, popcorn in hand.

Registered
Alright guys. I need all the positive energy and wishes you can conjure up! I got a phone call and it has been located and arrests made! Rear window has been broken out and that is all they told me. My insurance is trying to get ahold of it now. Man I hope those ** who stole my car treated it with kid gloves!
No matter what I'd restore that car.

Dont let insurance total it.

In 20 years it's going to maintain its value + gain some.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No matter what I'd restore that car.

Dont let insurance total it.

In 20 years it's going to maintain its value + gain some.
Yeah, I already told them that. I have been told by some people in the know that this particular mopar edition (Durango) will hold better value than the other mopar editions. And that in 10 plus years, when this engine doesn't exist anymore, that it will be worth even more. I just hope they didn't drive it like they stole it. Lord knows what they may have done.

Registered
Is it close to where you live still? When do you get to go see it?

Registered
Yeah, I already told them that. I have been told by some people in the know that this particular mopar edition (Durango) will hold better value than the other mopar editions. And that in 10 plus years, when this engine doesn't exist anymore, that it will be worth even more. I just hope they didn't drive it like they stole it. Lord knows what they may have done.
If you're still within warranty, let the dealer check any weird noises or odors that weren't there before.
Big of you to want it back. The only car I ever had stolen I got rid of not long after being recovered. Never felt the same after I got it back.
But, that was a 1988 Plymouth Horizon... 馃槵

Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
Make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb. I had a van stolen in the 90s and not long after we got the broken steering column, missing wheels and missing radio replaced, one of the rods started knocking. It took a while for the insurance company agree to replace the motor but that was only after they paid someone to tear it down to confirm the problem. They had jacked up the motor under the oil pan.

Registered
Sorry to hear. That kind of thing has been happening a lot all over the nation. One word of advice I can give to anyone is if you plan to park it for more than overnight, then pull the ignition fuse and the fuel pump relay. Even if they get in, they won't start it. If they do manage to start it, they won't get far without fuel.

Registered
Wow man, so sorry to hear this. I hope it turns out OK for you.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts