Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Maybe just maybe it's from the coolant reservoir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I wondered that, I left the cap off the HID bulb (rubber cap) off last night just to let it air out. I drove with the lights on to work this morning, so far so good. I guess time will tell ... ugh this annoying, the NOT knowing lol.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
We don't call them "vent holes" down here. We call them "scuppers".. Nah, just a little NAVY joke there. ;)
But seriously, Every vehicle I've ever owned with covers did this -- of course, I live in SW Florida so..... Meh.
I generally don't worry about it until a goldfish could survive inside. Taillights also. My '02 Ram pickup was bad about the taillights turning into goldfish bowls. I had to have both replaced while under warranty a couple times, and after it ran out, on my own dime. I ended up drilling an additional "vent hole" in the bottom. They would still fog up, but at least the minnows could return to the sea. I mean, it was bad. The humidity down here is atrocious, with an annual rainfall average of 54". Right now, it's our drought season, so I'm just holding out a little hope on my new Drango. We shall see how the monsoon season effects them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is a common occurrence with the Durangos. Both headlights and taillights. For one, the headlights seem to fix themselves and won't "hold" water. The condensation typically goes away. I believe there are vent holes somewhere, but the condensation doesn't get bad enough that it turns into holding water.

NOW the taillights. The taillights seem to be a bigger issue. I had 3 sets of lights replaces by the dealer. The last, ended up holding water after my warranty ended. I got fed up bringing it back to the dealership so I repaired it myself. Typically the water will retain on the passenger side. Regardless, there are two bolts on the back side of the lights, that are very easily accessible. Loosen and pull those out and it WILL drain all the water. For a permanent fix, I also drilled a tiny hole at the lower corner and it works like a charm. The hole is small enough that it drains, and does not allow any extra dirt to get into the assembly.

There is a separate link to this same issue here; http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/dodge-durango-how-tos/37281-water-middle-led-tail-light.html

Reactions: Fukin Slash

·
Registered
12 Posts
I routinely had condensation in only the passenger side headlight. It stopped evaporating and became constantly waterlogged. Water droplets would cling to the clear assembly like it was raining inside. Looked terrible and wouldn’t burn off. The part cost $1400 and it was NOT covered by the Maxcare warranty. (2015 RT 40K)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I routinely had condensation in only the passenger side headlight. It stopped evaporating and became constantly waterlogged. Water droplets would cling to the clear assembly like it was raining inside. Looked terrible and wouldn’t burn off. The part cost $1400 and it was NOT covered by the Maxcare warranty. (2015 RT 40K)
I thought the max care warranty was like having the bumper to bumper stock warranty for life. This worries me because I bought that life time warranty for this reason, to never worry about repairs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you call Chrysler Care and ask why it wasn't covered under Maxcare.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2016 R/T is going in this Thursday to have both assemblies replaced...finally got 'em to listen to my incessant complaining!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Getting my ‘14 Citadel driver side headlamp assembly replaced under MaxCare Lifetime Warranty tomorrow $100 deductable. Had all kinds of moisture and droplets in there. Didn’t go away after running lights for 20 minutes. Bulb had went out 2 months ago. That was $289 to replace and obviously not covered 85K. Dealer just had to verify the lens wasn’t damaged by an impact of any kind before they would submit it. Easy Peasy, finally getting to use that MaxCare lifetime warranty. I knew it would come in handy. Luv this vehicle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I noticed my passenger headlight fogging up a month or so ago, to the point of collecting a few small drops of water at the bottom. I removed the headlight and signal bulbs then propped a hair dryer to blow into the headlight entrance for an hour and a half until everything was dry in there. I reassembled and all was good until last week when it started back up again. What a pain and it drives me nuts but it appears to be a relatively common issue. Of course, the warranty on my 2015 was up a few months ago...

·
Registered
39 Posts
No fogging, or water/moisture inside my headlights but I just noticed what seems to me like “fingerprints” or something like it on the glass projector. Can see it from the outside of the car staring at the “glass ball” that peeks thru the projector housing shroud.

My headlights seem to be brand new sealed units so not sure how those “stains” came to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
What is it with these D's and water in lighting systems? I just brought the D back in because water is leaking into the racetrack, again. They're going to replace it, again. That's a good thing but the design is unacceptable! Add to that my headlight continually fogs up (even to the point of collecting water).

Then today I slipped on ice, my elbow hit the hood, now I gotta go see a dent guy for the small dent I put right on the leading edge contour crease of the hood.

Grumble...

I noticed my passenger headlight fogging up a month or so ago, to the point of collecting a few small drops of water at the bottom. I removed the headlight and signal bulbs then propped a hair dryer to blow into the headlight entrance for an hour and a half until everything was dry in there. I reassembled and all was good until last week when it started back up again. What a pain and it drives me nuts but it appears to be a relatively common issue. Of course, the warranty on my 2015 was up a few months ago...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Walking through a packed Christmas shopping mall I saw no other vehicles with moisture inside the headlight assembly. And then there’s my Durango with the passenger side collecting water and a bit of fog on the sriver’s side.

Then there’s the water in the racetrack.

FCA’s water issues with their lighting assemblies is making it difficult to live this truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
this is the result of my last ride on the highway at -5 degrees. now it has become ice out of the moisture. even the opening of the two ventilation inputs on the housing brought no improvement ...

41 - 60 of 76 Posts