Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I'm here in Hawaii and none of my other cars have had anything like my D's headlights. The dealer did say it is normal but I'll just keep an eye on it for now

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well I'm here in Hawaii and none of my other cars have had anything like my D's headlights. The dealer did say it is normal but I'll just keep an eye on it for now
I washed my '15 last night and had condensation in the headlights. Looked like it was going away after some time. Haven't checked it yet this morning...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine did it for the first week. It went away. I'm in fla, and this place might as well be a swamp so I can tell you the humidity will eventually not be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
does it 'burn off' eventually? if yes then i believe there's a TSB around here somewhere that says it's normal. If it never burns off then that's another story for sure

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had it on my 2014 when I purchased it late last year. It finally went away after a few months.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Noticed yesterday after a wash my passenger side light had the fog on the bottom part of the housing. It was still there an hour later, however today it is gone.
I will continue to watch this as I feel no moisture should be present inside those lenses.
Drivers side was clear.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When i first got my durango i too noticed the moisture and was like wtf! but after reading here i saw it stopped doing so after several weeks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My 14 and 15 RT have had this after car wash, resolves itself in a short time frame

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
I had the same thing on my R/T, but not on the Citadel for whatever reason. If you get so much in there that it starts to form droplets and run, I would take that into the dealer - that's not normal

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the same thing on my R/T, but not on the Citadel for whatever reason. If you get so much in there that it starts to form droplets and run, I would take that into the dealer - that's not normal

Agreed! Hope all is well boomer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So our '15 blacktop has the condensation inside both lights, and hasn't burned off at all in the week we've owned it. The dealer ordered new headlights, but now I'm wondering if they ordered the correct ones. Does anyone have the p/n for the blacktop headlights?
Thanks

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
He probably ordered by Vin since they are warranty so only the correct ones should come
STEVE

·
Registered
388 Posts
Guys ..never ran into this until after going through a car wash yesterday. I have had it sitting out in our 100+ AZ weather all day so far today and I still have condensation. I am out of warranty ... ideas?

tn_dodge.jpg

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Guys ..never ran into this until after going through a car wash yesterday. I have had it sitting out in our 100+ AZ weather all day so far today and I still have condensation. I am out of warranty ... ideas?

View attachment 32377
You didn't use synthetic blinker fluid.

Could be a bad seal between the housing and lens... check the rubber boot behind the light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well that wasn't it .. I let it sit out in the sun with the cap off .. and let it dry out today. I double checked and I didn't see any water in there. I put the cap back on, lights were off (DRL's also off) as soon as I got home moisture again. How is this happening? Its 110 freakin degree's out here in AZ. I didn't run it through any water. Dealer is saying that I need a new light, but of course I am out of warranty ... hmmm thoughts? Ebay to the rescue!?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I don't know how you have moisture living in AZ. The lack of humidity should have dried them out in like 20 sec.

Reactions: Skippy426
21 - 40 of 76 Posts