Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I know this has been covered for some. But trying to figure out exactly what steps to take to prevent the issue from getting worse. I noticed week ago right after washing my car there was little beady water inside - now this time of washing i sprayed the house in-between the hood and the headlight to clear of soap usually never do that. Two weeks before that I installed HID'S - I did not seal my dust caps I slit them to run the wires and let them be - seems next to impossible to get water there? Is that my problem? I did not have issue before HIDS - it seems to go away in a hot garage but comes back at other times? So i'm sure of how to fix the current issue and prevent it from happening again...? Any ideas? Also does the Dodge Logo not light up in the headlight? Thank you guys!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I installed LED’s and since they protrude out a little bit I was not able to put the dust caps on properly so I left them off. I’ve had no issues with moisture. However, I live in Arizona where it is usually dry. But not always, sometimes it can get humid and I still have not had issues with condensation. I’m not sure what to tell you. Also, the Dodge logo does not light up.

·
Registered
Dodge Durango MY 2015 3.6 WD Limited with LPG Prins VSI 2.0 alternative fuel system.
73 Posts
I'm using the same LED headlights bulbs from Vleds I managed to close the dust caps again. It's fiddly but doable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm using the same LED headlights bulbs from Vleds I managed to close the dust caps again. It's fiddly but doable.
Oh really? I recall it being a close fit but I couldn’t seem to get them to screw in perfectly. I also decided to just leave them off for increased ventilation since they have little fans on them. Hasn’t given me any issues thus far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not had any luck - well I left my dust caps the way they are the moisture comes and goes. clears ups in the heat and comes when it rains. Was raining the other day and my HIDS just quit working altogether. I then opened upon the hole in wheel well to see if maybe it was wet and it was - not whole lot but enough to where a droplet maybe have done something to make them not work. anyways I don't know how water got in there I guess from the puddles in the road and splashed up 2 1/2 ft up the bumper beside the fogs? I wish there was some way too block it off with some sort of thick plastic? :unsure: I eventually came let it sit for an hour or two when back out and check the lights and they turned on...So I'm not sure what happened - disappointed ill probably have to put my stock in as it rains a lot here.(n) Is there a reputable source for HIDS? My wife has LED'S in hers and they are not bright...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts