Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R/T Tow N Go Redline
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or am I missing a part here? Is there supposed to be some ducting here? I can see the cabin air filter just sitting there. That doesn't seem right. It's a 2021 R/T TnG
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT AWD Town'NGo
206 Posts
Same here on my 2021 TnG. Any idea if they have a shortage of that part? the scary thing is that all the water drain is there. I bet that the filter gets wet. Also, if you use the AC in recirculating mode, from where it takes the air? Dodge, anything to say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here on my 2021 TnG. Any idea if they have a shortage of that part? the scary thing is that all the water drain is there. I bet that the filter gets wet. Also, if you use the AC in recirculating mode, from where it takes the air? Dodge, anything to say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess it's not just me and could be shortage related then? The filter seems super vulnerable to damage there. Should I take it to the dealership?

Regarding recirculation, i think if you do that it just doesn't suck air from the filter. Blocks it off and just takes air from the cabin

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
818 Posts
Hmm, had not noticed that. Will have to check mine. If there is supposed to be something there, it would be a QC issue and not a supply issue though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Durango GT Plus AWD
238 Posts
Same on our newer '21 GT Plus model. One of the first things I noticed this past summer after we got it home and I popped the hood. Looks really odd, and like maybe it would get wet or damaged, but so far, no issues. Will be monitoring it as winter winds down. If I see any issues, back to the dealer under warranty. That, and add to the Medium heated seat setting not working like many others here...:(

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts
LTRaven's explanation means that you will not get a dealer to do anything about it because it's designed that way.

Reactions: OurZoo
1 - 20 of 30 Posts