Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a warranty. Can’t decide between max care or a Fidelity Platinum 7yr/100k the dealer is pushing. Both $100 deductible. Max care is unlimited time and miles for the same price as the platinum.

Anyone have experience with either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer I bought my RT from is trying to sell me on the Fidelity Platinum warranty saying it’s better for various reason. Personally I think they just make more profit margin on it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$2400 for the max care lifetime and the Platinum 7/100 warranty.

$1300 for the max care 5/100.

·
Registered
826 Posts
No way an after market warrenty company is going to give you a better warrenty then MOPAR on your Dodge vehicle, just a fact of life. And of course the dealer would tell you that....THEY want to sell you the warrenty so they make more money off of you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No way an after market warrenty company is going to give you a better warrenty then MOPAR on your Dodge vehicle, just a fact of life. And of course the dealer would tell you that....THEY want to sell you the warrenty so they make more money off of you.
Exactly what I was thinking.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Croll:
If you won't have it for more than 5 years, the 5/100 Maximum Care is the way to go in my opinion. It is transferable, and will for the most part give you Bumper to Bumper coverage for 5 years. If you were gonna keep it closer to 10, the Lifetime makes better sense, but as mentioned is not transferable.
You are correct that the dealer will push the aftermarket instead of the FCA warranty because their profit is larger.

Clay can quote you on any of the FCA policies, and 95% of the time he has the best price.

Don

·
Registered
711 Posts
X2 on Clay.
FWIW, I had a 3rd party warranty many years ago, and getting something covered was almost impossible, and took days to get an approval.
Had the 7/100 from Mopar on my last Durango (03 R/T) and never had an issue getting a repair covered. If the dealer did have to call to verify a repair was covered, it may have taken 30 minutes at most.

Call or email Clay.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going to go with Clay...7yrs/100k $1490. The other warranty was almost $2600 for 7yr/100k!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Keep in mind with any non-OE warranty (like the Fidelity) dealers are NOT obligated to work with it.
They can choose to tell you you have to pay up front & file/collect from the company yourself.

With the OE warranty, they are obligated to do the work & you only have to pay the deductible + any work not covered by the policy.

Reactions: Don Fox

·
Registered
711 Posts
This is true, however, this particular warranty was purchased with the Durango from the dealer and added into the financing. It was a 3rd party warranty sold by the dealer, so they were obligated to honor it, but it was a major hassle to get the warranty company to approve repairs.
I'll never do that again.
Only Mopar warranties for me now and in the future.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Actually, if the dealership changes hands, even the selling dealer is probably not obligated and for sure no other Dodge dealer is obligated.
So you are SOL if you move or the selling dealer turns out to have a really crappy service dept. or manager & you end up going elsewhere to get your vehicle repaired.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
This is true, however, this particular warranty was purchased with the Durango from the dealer and added into the financing. It was a 3rd party warranty sold by the dealer, so they were obligated to honor it, but it was a major hassle to get the warranty company to approve repairs.
I'll never do that again.
Only Mopar warranties for me now and in the future.
Me too, and I agree. Finance negotiations are geared to sell these "plans" because they get massive kickbacks and perks from the sale of them. So don't feel like the Lone Ranger --- they got me too. :wall:

So far, so good though. I have the basic MOPAR plan as-listed on the window sticker (5yr/60K powertrain, 3yr/36K basic), but he talked me into purchasing a supplemental, 6yr/72K unlimited plan for $2011. It's through a local carrier and has a $250 deductible. I paid too much for it. But it's "unlimited" (LOL) and came with something called "Car Care Elite", a service plan that fully-pays for all Periodic Maintenance for 7yrs/75K --- So given the added year/12Km mechanical failure coverage, I figured it was sort of worth the price at the time. The PM plan stipulates that I have to have the car serviced at the "Original Dealer of Purchase", but most dealerships honor it anywhere, if you call their toll-free number first. This PM contract comes with a "coupon book" that the dealer submits for reimbursement... Some dealers don't like these, and on rare occasions, won't honor them from what I was told. But if not, I would just need to pay the bill at the service center, then submit the bill myself for reimbursement plus postage. However, even though I bought my DD 150 miles away, my local dealership's service dept is cool with the plan and accepts the coupons.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts