Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magnaflow cat back exhaust system group buy now available to DOC members!

Ok folks in my quest to get great deals for everyone in the DOC I've found yet another great vendor with a great product.

Cat Back Magnaflow exhaust system for Gen 1 Durangos all stainless steel includes 3" slash cut tip! This system is supposed to net you 20 RWHP on any 4.7, 5.2, 5.9 and is $311.68 delivered to your door anywhere in the states.

Although the picture below shows the Gen 2, that's the system for the Gen 1 D shown. If you wish to hear sound clips for the exhaust please go to www.magnaflow.com For you Gen 2 Hemi guys, make sure you listen to the sound clip on the Magnaflow site. It's awesome for the Gen 2 with the Hemi inside. For Gen 2 pricing please call Brad as indicated below.

If you're interested in this system, please contact Brad at Performance Peddler 1-866-399-4215 or go to http://performancepeddler.com/ I have received my system but haven't installed it yet.

Steve
VP
DOC

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi Steve!

Cool! The sound of an exhaust very pleasant! :clap: Is a pity that from us it to buy not probably. :wall:

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHY NOT

Anton contact Brad to see if he can ship it to you let him know you're involved wth the DOC. You may want to see if your friend wants to upgrade at the same time. Maybe they can ship them together.
Steve
vp
DOC

·
Registered
585 Posts
Re: WHY NOT

FSTDANGO3 said:
Anton contact Brad to see if he can ship it to you let him know you're involved wth the DOC. You may want to see if your friend wants to upgrade at the same time. Maybe they can ship them together.
Steve
vp
DOC
Thanks, Steve!

Unfortunately to 311.68 me here in Moscow will cost about (near) (How correctly to tell?) 1000 $, that's expensive for the muffler. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
The part # for 1998 5.9 is 15621 according to the site. Does anyone know which muffler part # they use? I wanted to buy just the 12579 (Magnaflow's site is crapped out right now) It's a dual chamber 3"/3" that's supposed to be their quietest. I'd like to get the whole catback at that price and sub for that muffler. Can you get me in contact with your salesman or inquire? Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
163 Posts
May have answered own question.

When designing MagnaFlow's Durango systems, we aimed for a deep-aggressive sound when you get on it, and smooth, mellow tone for the long haul. The solution cam in the form of a larger 22" long, 5"x11" stainless steel MagnaFlow muffler, with a dual core for added sound absorption. The system features 3" fast-flowing mandrel-bent tubing and a 3.5" polished stainless steel tip. Systems bolt directly to the OEM flange & hanger locations. Look for significan't gains of up to 20.9 horsepower and 19.7 ft.-lbs. of torque with improved fuel economy on the 4.7L V8.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed

Ok Folks today I took some time and decided to install my new Maganflow exhaust system. 1st off I thought I was going to have a hard time with the old hardware but a cut off (whiz wheel ) took care of the old hardware.
The Dynomax muffler that I took off was still in good shape no rot or rust (stainless) everything around it on the other hand Rust city.
Once the old system was off the new system took about 45 minutes to install everything lined up real nice and it all rehung to existing factory rubber hangers.
The sound at Idle is a nice Rumble but not as loud as the Dynomax was at Idle.
I took it for a ride later in the day and when you punch it it sounds awesome.
At Highway speeds it's noticeable but very nice.
So I give Dynomax a big Thumbs Up :clap: :clap: for a great fit and quality looking product and a big Thumbs up for the nice Throaty sound
Steve
VP
DOC

·
Registered
52 Posts
this is one of the 1st thing I did to my D the funny thing is my wife doesn't know she just keeps saying I think there's something wrong with the muffler why did it get so loud :? I just tell her I'll take it to get check out. ;) I could feel and hear difference from stock its awesome :mrgreen:I if your looking for one good price I think I paid around 350

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
!

Well my better half came home and asked what did you do to the Durango I said that I needed to fix the exhaust and that it was all done. Later we wnt for Ice cream with Kiddies and she said oh yeah it idles much quieter now. I kept it real easy so when I punched it it didn't alarm her LOL
By The way
THANKS VIN FOR YOUR HELP!
Steve
VP
DOC

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Does anyone have a sound bite for a 4.7L and if anyone has installed them, did it improve the bottom end torque or is it a trade off for top end performance?

Thx Tino

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tino I have no sound bite but, if you go to Maganaflow's site, they have a clip of the system with the Hemi it that sounds the same.
As far as power goes no low end loss at all
Keep in mind if you're looking at this that the post is old. Call them to see if they'll still do it.
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really old post There are no current deals anywhere on the magnaflow exhaust for the gen 3 D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts