Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the factory lug nut torque spec for 2016 with balcktop 20s? It does not appear to be included in the owners manual.

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yup. But I have the big 800 page manual that you have to request, not sure if it's in the smaller manual.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
130 ft-lbs ?!? Really? Okay in my small 2014 owners guide in the glove box (not the manual on the DVD/CD) all it says is 110 ft-lbs for the steel spare. Is the 130 ft-lbs specification for all and any of the factory 18" and 20" aluminum wheels?

·
Registered
644 Posts
130 ft-lbs ?!? Really? Okay in my small 2014 owners guide in the glove box (not the manual on the DVD/CD) all it says is 110 ft-lbs for the steel spare. Is the 130 ft-lbs specification for all and any of the factory 18" and 20" aluminum wheels?
Okay I just found this on-line;

http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/servicemanuals/dodge/2014-durango.pdf

On page #528 it clearly states the lug nuts should be torqued to 130 ft-lbs. I wonder why the two Chrysler publications disagree on this safety related specification?

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Well I went out first thing this morning and made sure they were "GutenTight". Not much movement in the torque wrench going from 110 ft-lbs to 130 ft-lbs.
Lol... early morning smart ass moment sorry about that. Torque 'em down, then after 20-30 miles of driving torque them down again. They'll come loose if you don't retorque, learned that almost catastrophically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
Lol... early morning smart ass moment sorry about that. Torque 'em down, then after 20-30 miles of driving torque them down again. They'll come loose if you don't retorque, learned that almost catastrophically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I didn't think you were being a smart ass. Hell, I thought it was funny and sort of appropriate, considering that MBZ was involved with the design and engineering of the uni-body / chassis of the 2011+ JGC and Durango. In my mind I could see a little old German engineer in a lab coat, sort of like Professor Irwin Corey saying "Ya Gutentight".

profirwinc3_b2b.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
From what I've gathered, the standard wheels should be torqued to 110 Ft. lbs and the spare should be torqued to 130 Ft. lbs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was confused by the owners manual as well. It states 130 but that's in the spare tire info section. When I went to Discount Tire they torqued to 110.

I'll be using the 110 spec. 130 seems a bit overkill.

·
Registered
88 Posts
IMO no danger of that at 150. I torqued our 2012 citadel to that many times and did our 18 to that when I rotated the tires a couple months ago. A lot of shops put wheels back on with impact anyway and that’s a lot more than 150.

·
Registered
64 Posts
IMO no danger of that at 150. I torqued our 2012 citadel to that many times and did our 18 to that when I rotated the tires a couple months ago. A lot of shops put wheels back on with impact anyway and that’s a lot more than 150.
Yeah, annoying when they use impacts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts