Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 R/T. Looking to lower it. Any good brands of springs out there? I don’t want the jumpy feeing like a Honda Civic lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from what I’ve seen in YouTube videos you’ll need this whole set up to have a smooth ride. Is this true?

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
all 15 R/T's have load leveling suspension, so you do.

You can swap it out though, I have a 15 as well, swapped out to standard rear suspension and Road Magnets.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you have load leveling suspension the Eibach kit isn't recommended. Right off their web page.

https://eibach.com/us/c-56-car-truck-suv.html
Craigffb that site has inaccurate data. All 2011+ R/T have load leveling shocks. Period. People have used both with and without the levelers. The rear will sit higher with the lid levelers retained.

For eibachs.
If you want to haul large loads keep the levelers. If you don’t, get rid of them.

Now there is also the Mopar lowering springs. Release date is like next week. They say for the Durango SRT but will most likely work fine. Waiting for more info on them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Craigffb that site has inaccurate data. All 2011+ R/T have load leveling shocks. Period. People have used both with and without the levelers. The rear will sit higher with the lid levelers retained.

For eibachs.
If you want to haul large loads keep the levelers. If you don’t, get rid of them.

Now there is also the Mopar lowering springs. Release date is like next week. They say for the Durango SRT but will most likely work fine. Waiting for more info on them.
I’m not planning on hauling anything. But I will wait for the SRT lowering springs

·
Registered
575 Posts
I’m not planning on hauling anything. But I will wait for the SRT lowering springs

Now this is my assumption because there is not real world data. On paper the SRT has the highest tow capacity and it has active suspension. So that means no load levelers. So that means the springs are probably totally capable of towing the max of non SRT models without the load levelers.

If you have load levelers you could most likely delete them and run bilstiens or Mopar normal dampeners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts