Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 durango r/t awd. Im getting a clicking noise coming from under the front mostly heard from the passenger side. It comes n goes mainly at lower speeds. It will go away as soon as i switch to manual mode(paddle shifters). Im not getting any dash lights. I havent done any of the fluid changes yet but they are on my to do list since i just hit 80k. It appears to be getting louder and more frequent. Any advice of what to look for id appreciate it. No leaks, new brakes, new rotors cv boots look brand new, no wheel play.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a 2017 durango r/t awd. Im getting a clicking noise coming from under the front mostly heard from the passenger side. It comes n goes mainly at lower speeds. It will go away as soon as i switch to manual mode(paddle shifters). Im not getting any dash lights. I havent done any of the fluid changes yet but they are on my to do list since i just hit 80k. It appears to be getting louder and more frequent. Any advice of what to look for id appreciate it. No leaks, new brakes, new rotors cv boots look brand new, no wheel play.
Hi Rharper,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its out of warranty, i dont have a local dealer, i have an appointment with one a distance away but not for a few weeks, and if i used a dealership to inspect or fix every problem i had with a car i would go broke paying for them to throw parts at till they fixed it. Thats kinda what forums are for is for people to find out information that might lead to a simple part/fix to a problem from someone else that has already gone through and had the same problems. They are shots in the dark sometimes but when they pay off can save you thousands in parts and labor.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
987 Posts
That sounds like a transfer case issue. Do the fluid change and see if the issue changes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well its out of warranty, i dont have a local dealer, i have an appointment with one a distance away but not for a few weeks, and if i used a dealership to inspect or fix every problem i had with a car i would go broke paying for them to throw parts at till they fixed it. Thats kinda what forums are for is for people to find out information that might lead to a simple part/fix to a problem from someone else that has already gone through and had the same problems. They are shots in the dark sometimes but when they pay off can save you thousands in parts and labor.
Hi Rharper,
Thank you for following up. We understand but are glad to hear you are working with your dealer. If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Does your DD have AWD? If so, it has a transfer case and transaxles, with front CV joints in the drive train. A clicking heard on one side only could indicate a CV joint failing. This is more pronounced at low speeds, and while turning --- A clicking that repeats faster as speed increases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I believe I was having a similar issue as yourself. When I did my oil change, I switched from Fram to the OEM Mopar oil filter. I also swapped to Mobil1 EP from using Walmarts Supertech. Since I did that, I haven't heard that low sounding clicking noise I used to hear. Let us know what's causing the issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts