Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm newer to the forum. Bought my 13 rt with 47,000 on it. I love it. But now it's leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. Driving home from work today and don't have 5th or 6th gear. A lot of rattling going on when I hit the gas. And all of these lights popped on. It only has 49,000 on it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hope it is nothing serious and warranty will cover everything.

I got a 2005 Durango in Feb of 08 with 32k on it.
The first 9 months I owned it was pure hell.
So many stupid little things were going wrong with it and at 59,000 the whole rear drive axle went out.
I was not pleased at all and wondered how something so major could go wrong on a pretty much new car with very little miles but, my D has turned out to be a awesome car and I love it.

It had a BAD electrical issue due to some idiot screwing a screw into the main junction block and due to a few more idiots I lost my tranny at 174,000 but, it gave a good run.
Now at 186,000 its still running like a champ.

Hope you can get everything sorted out with no issues and all works out well in the end.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope it is nothing serious and warranty will cover everything.

I got a 2005 Durango in Feb of 08 with 32k on it.
The first 9 months I owned it was pure hell.
So many stupid little things were going wrong with it and at 59,000 the whole rear drive axle went out.
I was not pleased at all and wondered how something so major could go wrong on a pretty much new car with very little miles but, my D has turned out to be a awesome car and I love it.

It had a BAD electrical issue due to some idiot screwing a screw into the main junction block and due to a few more idiots I lost my tranny at 174,000 but, it gave a good run.
Now at 186,000 its still running like a champ.

Hope you can get everything sorted out with no issues and all works out well in the end.
The dealership is saying it's all being caused by a bad cam sensor

·
Registered
255 Posts
Most of my issues the first 9 months were sensors.
They kept blowing non stop.
My blower motor resistor went out 3 times within the 9 months.

What caused them to keep going out was the screw that someone screwed into the junction block to rig some wires up.
Dodge rigged it up to make it work since they no longer carried the connectors.

In 2012 I found all 3 of the connectors at a junk yard and my boyfriend and I rewired every single connector and completely fixed the electrical issue for good.

Only major repair so far was the rear drive axle and then the tranny since the idiot I used didn't know how to put in a shift solenoid correctly and fried my trans ugh

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So got the D back. 1 week later it's back in the dealership. Bad cam sensor, cam phaser and shift solenoid. Been in the dealership 3x's in 1 month. And I've only owned it since the last week of September.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. Make it 4x's now. They never put the cam phaser in last time it was there. I'm now getting a lemon lawyer to get rid of this. Ridiculous

·
Registered
189 Posts
Update. Make it 4x's now. They never put the cam phaser in last time it was there. I'm now getting a lemon lawyer to get rid of this. Ridiculous
Federal Lemon laws pertain to new vehicles.
Only six states — Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico and New York — have used-car lemon laws on the books.
Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Federal Lemon laws pertain to new vehicles.
Only six states — Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico and New York — have used-car lemon laws on the books.
Good luck.
Thank god I'm in New Jersey

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lil update on this. It's now been at the dealership 7 times now. Every time for a p0344 code. (Cam sensor). They replaced that,cam,cam phaser,pcm, still throwing code. Can't wait until the lawyer is done so I can get out of this thing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lil update on this. It's now been at the dealership 7 times now. Every time for a p0344 code. (Cam sensor). They replaced that,cam,cam phaser,pcm, still throwing code. Can't wait until the lawyer is done so I can get out of this thing.
A dealership with only parts re-placers.
Good God ... I bet it's something simple they aren't seeing.
Let us know what dealer this is please.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Used to be a Ford branded dealer. ( still have the Burlington Ford showroom ) I wonder when they switched and if they kept the old Ford mechanics ?
I'm right down the street from the ford dealership. Still there. But they expanded with Chevy and dodge/Chrysler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good luck with your lawyer, I started my claim about 3 months ago. He told me not to expect anything until early next year.
Thank you. That sucks. My lawyer don't expect anything to happen for at least 8 months. Can't come quick enough!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No new updates. It's been at the dealership for 2 weeks now not even being worked on. The service manager said that a Chrysler engineer is coming out to look at it. Getting old real quick

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Sounds like a pin is loose . They changed everything in the vvt set up.
Unless the cam is out of time on the chain.

Sorry to hear about this. My truck has been in the dealer since Monday for a radiator replacement . I'm in your boat

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like a pin is loose . They changed everything in the vvt set up.
Unless the cam is out of time on the chain.

Sorry to hear about this. My truck has been in the dealer since Monday for a radiator replacement . I'm in your boat
Thanks brother. It sucks. That's what I was thinking also about the timing. Once this damn lemon suit is over I think I'm just gonna order a 16

1 - 20 of 74 Posts