Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I'm hearing super annoying resonance from the back of the car and was looking around potential causes. Spotted on passenger side rear muffler some wiring harness is loose and touching the exhaust pipe. Looks two clips which are supposed to be attached somewhere are not. Could some of you fellow check out from your SRT where that is supposed to be attached? Should be 5 minute task to jack up the ass of her and attach properly.
Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Flash photography Water

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
That's not right. I'd get that harness up and away from there asap, before it melts, and you have a mess.
It looks like it has come loose from wherever it should be attached to, from the nearby body, etc.

Don

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not right. I'd get that harness up and away from there asap, before it melts, and you have a mess.
It looks like it has come loose from wherever it should be attached to, from the nearby body, etc.

Don
yeah I jacked her up and had better look; Yeah looks the dude in line who assembled did bad work and routed the from wrong side of spare wheel housing; unscrewed one nut and moved to other side and now can hook up those holders to correct places.

..as a side note I wanted lower the spare wheel, but tool box is missing from the trunk....

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

unfortunately, story the doesn't end here. Followed the cable to see where it goes and noticed unplugged socket

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle

and found out that trailer hitch cable is not connected at all

Tire Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

and the reason being the fact it has been again routed badly behind the bumper pipe, see upper pick goes behind and comes back down..... and thus is unable to reach the coupler.. :oops:

Please find the guy who did this and fire him! Really Dodge! I feel ashamed for you! :cry: WTF How this can be even possible!!? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Good job on getting in there, and finding these things out. As new as your DDSRT is, I think I would go direct with the SRT folks, provide them pics of what you have found, and let them set up a proper repair with your local dealer.

Reactions: HEMIWOT and Tuksu75

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good job on getting in there, and finding these things out. As new as your DDSRT is, I think I would go direct with the SRT folks, provide them pics of what you have found, and let them set up a proper repair with your local dealer.
Thanks, I'm DIYer so fixed that alredy. Was nice 30 minutes fun take better look of my car underneath, was simple rerouting the cable. Nice break from remote office work too :D I would definitely would like share some feedback to directly to Dodge. I know the drill and local dealership doesn't really care or can do shit, they got my money already. I'm going to try reach Dodge thru mopar website/email to see what they answer. If anyone has previous experience of contacting Dodge on QA issues let me know how did you did it, thanks!

Checked with trailer and wire harness is good and works now.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
151 Posts
..as a side note I wanted lower the spare wheel, but tool box is missing from the trunk....
Didn't know there was a toolbox for the jack and associated tools. I do know that there is a compartment within the enclosed storage area that holds the items and a funnel for roadside fueling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't know there was a toolbox for the jack and associated tools. I do know that there is a compartment within the enclosed storage area that holds the items and a funnel for roadside fueling.
Manual mentions tools and jack and cover of that encloses storage has picture of the jack. The bar for lowering the spare wheel should be there too. I found the white funnel too.

Book Font Publication Material property Paper

Car Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Motor vehicle

but nobody is home :D

Black Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

and since this thing has the real spare under, I would expect tools or spare is basically useless.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Let me get this straight. You have the tow package correct? The wiring harness wasn't routed properly, nor was it connected? You have the compact spare hung under the rear end from the factory, but no way to jack the vehicle up and change a tire if needed because the jack, handle and lug wrench are missing. Are the heat shields there or are they MIA too? Looks like it's time to get your dealership and or @DodgeCares involved.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me get this straight. You have the tow package correct? The wiring harness wasn't routed properly, nor was it connected? You have the compact spare hung under the rear end from the factory, but no way to jack the vehicle up and change a tire if needed because the jack, handle and lug wrench are missing. Are the heat shields there or are they MIA too? Looks like it's time to get your dealership and or @DodgeCares involved.
Yeah with tow package. Wiring harness was not routed correctly and that clearly caused the second issue harness cannot reach the socket. Then clever assembly worker has decided it's not needed and just left it loose inside the bumper.

I started the chat with dealership already.
Which heat shiels do you refer to specifically and what MIA stands for? Rear end looks normal to me otherwise, there are heat shields in everywhere thru the exhaust line.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,356 Posts
No tools but the jack is in the storage at the rear behind a panel that hides it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks, I'm DIYer so fixed that alredy. Was nice 30 minutes fun take better look of my car underneath, was simple rerouting the cable. Nice break from remote office work too :D I would definitely would like share some feedback to directly to Dodge. I know the drill and local dealership doesn't really care or can do shit, they got my money already. I'm going to try reach Dodge thru mopar website/email to see what they answer. If anyone has previous experience of contacting Dodge on QA issues let me know how did you did it, thanks!

Checked with trailer and wire harness is good and works now.
I'm glad there is someone else that would rather fix a new vehicle instead of deal with the hassel of the dealership. I was starting to feel llike I'm all alone 😆

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
527 Posts
I'm glad there is someone else that would rather fix a new vehicle instead of deal with the hassel of the dealership. I was starting to feel llike I'm all alone 😆
I concur to a point but they should be sending him the jack tools.

Reactions: Tuksu75

·
Registered
151 Posts
@Tuksu75 MIA = missing in action. The heat shields that I'm referring to are around the spare, separate from the heat shields attached to the exhaust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Tuksu75 MIA = missing in action. The heat shields that I'm referring to are around the spare, separate from the heat shields attached to the exhaust.
There is this round plastic shield around spare similar to this youtube video shows and metal ones inside the rear bumpers

Glasses Watch Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 2018 SRT 392 did not have Scissor jack or the tools for lowering spare. I gave Dode some feedback and they advised vehicles with run flat tires do not receive a jack. I did purchase one on eBay and never used it. My new 2021 DDHC has one installed from factory.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 2018 SRT 392 did not have Scissor jack or the tools for lowering spare. I gave Dode some feedback and they advised vehicles with run flat tires do not receive a jack. I did purchase one on eBay and never used it. My new 2021 DDHC has one installed from factory.
True that the run flat vehicles don't receive the jack and tools, but they are supposed to receive them with the compact spare or tow group options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also had the spare and tow package that was part of my argument with Dodge. The scissor jack really doesn’t work well with the added plastic body trim. I lift my vehicles with a two post lift after stopping by my dealer and asking a mechanic where to
Place the pads for safe lifting. The rear lifting points are like the corvette and you can purchase pucks that fit right in the holes. The forward area to lift from is a flat area where the under body has a channel that provides the majority of strength for
The body floor. Many people have lifted from the wrong areas and afterwards had created creaking and other noises while driving.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts