Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2017 Durango GT with 135,000 miles on it. I love it and haven't had any issues with it. I am interested in possibly getting a 2021 and upgrading to the RT trim since I love the sound and performance of the HEMI and would like some of the other options it comes with.

Few questions:

- I love the MPGs I currently get on the GT (21MPG combined). I do a lot of highway driving, little city. Now I know switching to the RT with the HEMI is going to drop the MPGs but looking to see what people are getting on average for similar driving conditions.

- Are the ventilated seats worth the upgraded, do they push out much cold air in the summer?

- How does the upgraded sound system sound?

- For anyone who has had a 2017 model year or similar, does the 2021 ride any better or just about the same?

- How has the reliability been? I have the MOPAR extended warranty that is unlimited miles and unlimited years on my 2017 and hate to give it up if the new vehicle may have issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It’s too early on reliability, no problems in the first 5,500 miles and averaging 19.6mpg since delivery on mid-grade gas. I would expect to get a few more mpg at sea level, we are at 7000’ And it makes a difference. This is a mix of city and highway.

Definitely like the ventilated seats and sound is fine but others are saying there is an improvement with the new software update which we don’t have yet.

We did get an extended warranty as plan to keep this 10 years like our last one, a 2001. That had a bad transmission at 75K and so was not excited with the 2021 standard power train warranty when we drive 15-20K miles per year.

·
Registered
2018 DD R/T AWD
481 Posts
I currently have a 2017 Durango GT with 135,000 miles on it. I love it and haven't had any issues with it. I am interested in possibly getting a 2021 and upgrading to the RT trim since I love the sound and performance of the HEMI and would like some of the other options it comes with.

Mine has been 100% reliable except for a Uconnect system replacement that was done under warranty a week after I bought it used.

Few questions:

- I love the MPGs I currently get on the GT (21MPG combined). I do a lot of highway driving, little city. Now I know switching to the RT with the HEMI is going to drop the MPGs but looking to see what people are getting on average for similar driving conditions.

- Are the ventilated seats worth the upgraded, do they push out much cold air in the summer?

- For anyone who has had a 2017 model year or similar, does the 2021 ride any better or just about the same?

- How has the reliability been? I have the MOPAR extended warranty that is unlimited miles and unlimited years on my 2017 and hate to give it up if the new vehicle may have issues.

Thanks!
You posted this in the SRT/HC part of the forum. The post should be moved.

I have a 2018 RT and get about 17-19 mpg with mixed freeway and 2 lane highway driving over my 18k miles of ownership. You will get noticeably better fuel economy if you stay under 65mph, go easy on the pedal, and let it drop to 4 cylinder mode.

I love my ventilated seats. I stay cool without freezing out my family. The don't blow cooled air, but just cabin air. But I stay nice and sweat-free on long hot weather drives.

Can't comment on the latest sound system offerings. My 2018 has the 'Beats' system which is ok I guess, but nothing spectacular.

The ride should be about the same across recent model years, but the RT has lower and firmer suspension than the V6 models. It also has rear auto load leveling shocks (self actuated, no air bags or compressor).

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
633 Posts
I had an 18’ R/T and recently went with a 21’ R/T with the Tow N Go package. If you can handle the 5k price tag on it, it’s well worth it and definitely an upgrade from just a standard R/T. The SRT adaptive suspension is very nice. I do a mix of street and freeway and have my foot in it here and there and don’t really avg better than 15. It is what it is. The Beats system in my 18’ was crap. The HK upgrade is well worth the cost of the admission. Same for the upgraded seats. They look nicer as well. As far as reliability, I’ve only had mine since 9/7. No issues yet lol.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Few questions:

Thanks!
You'd get more accurate responses if you posted in an R/T forum.
This is the SRT section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts